Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

My dad is in a care home and ever time i go to see him he has a black eye and finger marks all up his arms?
and he is not the only one every time i ask what has happened nobody seams to know i think there is abuse going on here how and who do i report it to
Additional Details
there is also ...

I fell on my arm and i cant move it....
What should i do?
Additional Details
And yes im typing with one hand.
I cant go to a&e till ...

Why does my two year olds face and left eye turn red and swollen evey morning for 2 month now?
the left nostrel also runs all ...

Ouch! How will I get downstairs again?
This morning I drove into work, parked my car and then slipped or tripped on some steps, landing with full force on my left knee and right hand on a special surface to help blind/partially sighted ...

Why do these bruises keep appearing?
i am covered in bruises for no reason at all, yesterday the top of my leg just above my knee was itchy so i scratched it & woke this morning with a large deep bruise also if i have the slightest ...

Sooooo.... have you ever....?
stubbed your toe on something... what about walls... do you ever run into those. i have this HUGE bruise on my arm cause silly me wasnt watching where i was going. its like... the d@mn wall is aiming ...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME pleasepleaseplease....?
i've had this burning feeling in my hands for a while it started earlier today and they arn't red they just have a burning feeling and they hurt unless i have them in something cold (ice,...

I got Jalapeno Pepper in my eye! Help?
Two days ago I put Jalapenos on my pizza. I must have not noticed I rubbed my eye before washing my hands. Both my eyes are now swelled up, and really red. (The swelling is just under my eye, not my ...

What can the hospital do for a broken toe.. its the one next to my big toe..second one?
I think i've broke it and i cant walk properly.. what will they do for it?...

How can I break my toe?

Any 1 got some advice for my finger?
yea so i was at practice yesterday and i jammed my finger and i have a game in two days is ice the best thing to use or wut?
Additional Details
ok thank all of you for your advice my ...

If your right leg aches. Which side do use a walking stick?

Help I lost my VOICE.......................
Ok so last wekk I was sick with a sore throat. It finally went away and i woke up yesterday morning and my voice was ver scratchy all day and it kept fading in and out. I woke up this morning and it ...

Wierd bruise after blood test?
hi everyone. i had some blood taken on friday morning which, i think, didnt go right. the nurse i had was figity and when she put the needle in my arm she pushed it even further and sent a shock ...

Okay,How much does it hurt to get?!?
And ya I know i have already posted this in a different section.
How much does it hurt to get your belly button pierced
Additional Details
i am having it done tonight,its an early 14...

I just broke my leg now i'm using crutches what should i do!?

Does your tongue grow back?
does your tongue grow back if u cut it off cuz im kinda scared it wont grow ...

Which is more painful? Losing your significant other to an accident or being hit on the head with a hammer?

Does memory loss go hand in hand with depression?
high blood pressure + depression + drugs to lower blood pressure = memory loss.... your thoughts
when i dropped my bp, i got memory loss, when i dropped my pulse i got more, when i get stressed, ...

Stabed with a knife through the arm....pull it out or leave it in until at the hospital???
If You Were Stabed through your right arm with an about 12 in. blade, would you pull it out or leave it in there and let the hospital take care of it first??????!!...

Andrea S
Toddler fell. Has bad rug burn on nose and upper lip?
What can I put on my 2year old's nose and upper lip to make it heal and prevent scars?

♥Science Nerd♥
awwww, is he or she okay? to prevent scarring, you can try putting a topical cream on his lip and nose so that will help help your lil one heal quickly. First Aid cream works really well.

musicusim
Cold flannel or even ice. After you must keep the burn moist with germolene or something similar to stop drying out too fast. If in doubt consult a doctor but its not rocket science - just lifes basics.

music_man@prodigy.net
Don't take answers from this forum. Depending on whether it is a scrape, gash, burn you may want to apply different things. Consult a doctor. Don't accept advice from the many strongly opinionated people in this posting!

Kevin M
Neosporin or any of its generic counterparts. (Triple Antibiotic Oitment)

atheism_and_rats
Rating
Vaseline.

~Brittany~
Rating
coco butter

Chris
Rating
I would put first aid ointment on it. That's what we do with mine =).

I guess any other moisturizing ointment would work. And make sure he or she doesn't pick at the scabs!

Luke
Rating
I got carpet burn when I was young my mum put sudo on it, its a type of cream... And I have no scaring, I loved sudo always made me feel better when I was a little kid...

girl of the moment :)
Rating
Neosporin + pain releif cream

neosporin also has scar solutions too

but the regular neosporin or the cream with pain relief would work wonders.

Edenia
Rating
The absolute best is fresh aloe from an aloe plant. If you don't have an aloe plant, aloe gel for sunburns will help. There shouldn't be any scarring. :( Hope your 2yo feels better. Boo carpet burns!

pooterilgatto
Ouch !!!100% Aloe Vera Jell, available OTC If you have an Aloe Vera Plant open the Leaf and apply the jell. As often as possible. it will help to heal it faster, and stop the burn from itching. If there is a very deep wound, there are creams OTC that prevent scaring. Hope your both feel better soon. Happy New Year.....

just me!
neosporan

Ell
Rating
OUCH! neosporin (cant spell) trust me iit works ;)

Patient Paws
I don't think rug burns can scar, but I may be mistaken.

Put on anything that will prevent scars, neosporin will work well. A bandaid probably isn't a good idea for a toddler, but you can try those liquid kinds if you like, as long as he/she doesn't have a runny nose.

gfl1996
Rating
???? you should probly take him to the doctor.

2Cute2B4Got
Rating
Aloe Vera. It is good and soothing for the skin and it is edible; but I agree with proedu, this is your baby, you want to do everything right.

Lilith
Ice it down if u can most won't let u or at least a cold rag then get some neosporin or even some diaper rash cream but only one of those and rub it were the rug burn is. It should clear within a day or so no big worries my kids fall constantly they rough house and they are both girls

Ren
Rating
nose i would say neosporian.... i dont really know about the lip cuz since he's two he will prolly just lick what ever u put on there off

mrs_angel_vb
neosporin , and dont bandage it , neosporin will help heal it faster and also prevent a bad scar , a bandage will keep it moist and hinder healing , also they sell neosporin + pain relief , that should help with the burning

Monica K
Rating
neosporene

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy