Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Can I claim for Injury compensation at work?
At the end of Jan 2005 I was working in a nightclub as bar staff. At closing time one evening I was told to operate a hot dog bain marie as the person that normally did this was off (similar design ...

Badly Bruised?
I've had quite a nasty fall this morning, I can cope with the aches and pains, but my breast is very badly bruised and sore - is witch hazel likely to help or a hot bath?
Additional D...

How long does it take for a toenail 2 regrow?
i lost it about about a month ...

What kind of doctor should i go to for arm pain??
my dad's arm has been hurting for two weeks now. the other day my mom squeezed it accidentally, he was in pain real bad. but then he was alright. So what kind of doctor should i go to? i don'...

2 year old, swollen hand?
my 2 year old daughter went to bed last night and wrapped about 6 hair ties around her left hand.. when my wife saw her this morning, her had had swollen to about 3 or 4 times the normal size.. it...

My worst enemy "broke his thigh"???
my worst enemy, john haven't been swimming for a long time and me and him is in the swim team.... but he haven't been showing up.. and so my friend told me that he told her that "he ...

Can anyone here injured themself by accident and the end result was painful?
I ask this because i just crushed my toe under a door (seriously)...

How can i bring down the swelling?
my hubby accidently hit me in the facewith his elbow. we werent fighting. i was tickling him. my lip is swollen. any ideas on how to reduce it
Additional Details
thanks heat in the ...

I have tennis elbow which isnt getting any better, can anyone advise of any treatment?

I am abut to get my leg cast of how do I strengthen my leg in one month?
I am starting middle school and I don't want to be the only sixth grader there limping because of no strength in my leg. And we don'thave lockers and the school is three stories high and I ...

Has anyone ever had a pulled muscle in their back?
I have been diagnosed with a pulled muscle almost 2 weeks ago by an ER doctor. I have never experienced such pain. What did you do for it? I have tried both heat and cold. How long will this last? A...

I have back pain now for a year even though i got a new matress. i should see a doctor shouldnt i??

How to get rid of muscle cramps?
Me and my friends played soccer for about 2 hours straight and in our last game, I got some muscle cramps, at first i ignored it and still tried to play but my muscles still gave way and my calf ...

Will taking calcium help a bone heal faster?
My husband broke a bone in his foot and is in a cast. Would it be helpful for him to take a calcium supplement to help the bone heal better/faster?...

How do you know if you broke your toe?
Yesterday when i was getting up from the computer chair I hit my big toe on the monitor

and it hurt like heck. but it went away.
then when I walked it started hurting. and If i like ...

Bleeding from my bottom?
hi i when to the toilet about 20 minutes ago and when for a poo was a bit tight but still come out then i could feel more coming out but was hurting a bit so i wiped my bottom and there was blood on ...

How should i treat a giant raised scar on my kneecap?
I have a giant scare I got from a laceration 3 months ago. It sticks out quite a bit. Should I treat it or should I leave it alone. Will it ever go away?...

I need help with a big problem!?
I accidently stabbed my uncle in the eye while we were outside next to our cattle. We live in a farm and it's just me and him. There is some stuff coming out of his eye and I'm too scared ...

Yesterday for about 30 minutes, I lost a lot of my peripheral vision from my left eye.?
After 30 minutes, my peripheral vision came back, but with a splitting headache that is still assaulting me. I've taken motrin for it, but I've never had this happen before and it is very ...

If you don't have any family and you have a serious car accident/health crisis, what are your options?

Additional Details
Worst case scenario--say you need months of rehab, lose your job, get evicted and are all alone in the world?...

faith41jesus
Sudden knee pain - can't bear weight! What's wrong?
I have a bad right knee. I've hurt it a few times over the years the last time being about 4yrs ago or so. My knee pain has been on and off but NEVER this bad.

This morning about 10mins ago I was in my closet. I bent down to look at something. I don't remember if I squatted, sat down to look or what. But I got up, walked over to a book shelf to look for something then when I went to walk away I had HORRIBLE pain in my knee. I couldn't even bear weight on it, it hurt so bad.

I sat down on the bed rubbing it. The pain was in the right knee, behind the knee and on the right side of my knee. I caught my breath and went to stand again. Same awful pain.

We homeschool so I called my 11yr old to go get some crutches so I could get to the other side of my bed. While waiting for her I was able to bend my knee outward and inward with out much pain. Yet when I stood to bear weight on it AWFUL pain.

I have ice on it now.

What in the world is wrong?

This is no April Fools joke.
Additional Details
WebMD says it is this -

Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries.

Could it be from an old injury? I mean all I did this morning was walk and one time bend down. (sigh)

This is the last thing we need right now. (sigh) : (

A. R.
broked knee

americacaptain21
Before doing exercise you should stretch

John D
you either snapped a leg ligament or tore a tendon.
Most likely the bone in your knee (tiny piece of bone) shot into a nerve. As you step on it the nerve shoots impulses to the brain saying i am trying to stand but this thing is in me. That's why when you STAND you Feel it hurt and not when you bend the knee.

Ms. Ruffles
Rating
maybe u have a torn ligament. go see a doctor

puffin
Rating
possible torn meniscus...go to ur doctor or urgent care...

annjilena
Rating
could be fluid on the knee it cause great pain go to doctor to check it out.

Happy- Go
Meniscus
edit : I tore my ACL this came from an accident on a four wheeler. You would know if you tore this trust me its like 3 popping sounds and you feel like you broke your leg. I feel you may have tore your meniscus which happens as people get older !!!

Trainhero.com
Consult your doctor.

Then track your results at http://www.TrainHero.com

good luck!

Have~A~Nice~Day
You need to go get it checked. Probably tore a ligament or something. They will give you anti inflammatory meds and tell you what's up with it. Sorry you had that happen.

Dea B
i would go to an immediate care center.. not being able to bear weight is NEVER a good sign..

sounds to me like a meniscus injury but could very well be ACL...

hopefully not...

until u get it looked at stay off that knee.. ice and elevate.. and use the crutches to get around

best of luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy