Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What is the correct name for a Doctor that check "dead bodies"?

What are easy ways to break my ankle?

Help OMG please someone help me !!!!??? =[?
I was blowing up a balloon and then it popped and flicked me RIGHT IN THE EYE. and omg it hurts so bad.i cant even open my eye right now. it happend like 5 min ago. Is something wrong ? Do i need to ...

How do I break my arm?
I need to break my arm to get out of P.E. I need to do 72 hours of physical activity for school, and I don't want to do it. How do I get out of it by breaking my arm?...

What will help a torn hamstring?
It has been about 3 weeks now since the tear. I play softball and really want to go all out, but unfortunately can't. What will help me out when playing softball, so that it will not bother me ...

WHO WANTS 10 POINTS? HELP PLZ!!!! i injured my wrist been been few months now READ ON...?
i use 2 break dance well not dat im a break dancer biggining 2 so i use 2 b able 2 stand on my hands however in one of those times while i was standing on my hands idk how my right arm fractured or ...

Ive gone mad!!please answers this!!!?
I hate myself and I cut down my arms all the time whenever i eat and then i throw it up please help because im 13 5ft 3 and weigh eight and a half stone I know that is fat please help
A...

What is eye doctor called?
eye ...

How do i know if my hand is broken?
it hurts, i cant move it very well, its very swollen but i didnt hear a crack when it happened
Additional Details
im at school and i ...

Has anyone heard of a hospital not wrapping broken ribs?
June of 2006 I fell off a roof and broke my right shoulder, left arm resulting in surgery and multiable broken ribs. Salina Regional Health, a hospital in Salina, Ks never wrapped or administered any ...

Help help a black widow spider just bit me on the arm?
please what should i do it bit me 5 minutes ago and i feel all dizzy and sick i feel like im about to collaspe and there is nobody in my
house at the moment so if i collapse nobody will know....

Dose it hurt to break your toe?
my sis said i dose but i really want to ...

Is it possible to live after being shot in the head?
i ask because i saw an episode of general hospital where someone gets shot in the head but doesn't die......

I've started lifting weights. Yesterday I worked my arms, and today my elbows are very sore. Normal?
Is this a normal symptom of beginning to lift weights, or have I overexerted myself? I did some basic curls, benched a bit, and did some pushups....

How do I get a cork out of my rear?
I fell on a wine bottle, it went up my butt.(it hurt this is not funny) Now the cork is stuck up there. What do I do?
Additional Details

Is it legal for a hospital to make a 5-year old girl with severe fracture wait for 6 hours?
the 5-yr old girl got fractured and was in extreme pain - the hospital in town couldn't treat her, so they asked her to be taken to another town 1 hour from here. In that hospital the doctor ...

Iv`e got in ingrowing pube .............help please?

If you fall asleep in the bath will you wake up before you drown?

Should i have my finger amputated?
I was in a motorbike crash in january and was very badly injured. I broke 19 bones. I have made a good recovery but still have problems with my right hand. the most notice able is that my little ...

Underneath my left eye you can see it beating!! help!!?
and when i touch it , i can feel a pulse and its scaring me!! it looks like a twitch, but its not, its like a beating vein! and its noticable!! please help!! im so freaked out!!
Additional D...

casey
Should I go to the doctor?
I sliced my fingertip open while cutting onions six days ago.It hurt,and bleed an awful lot,but the bleeding stopped the same night.I've been using bandages on it,but it continues to hurt all the time.I know it's too late for stitches now,but should I see a doctor for it anyway? What could he possibly do six days after the incident?

loislanepoet
Well, considering it has been a while and it is still hurting, I would definitely suggest going to the doctor. Even though he can't do much for the actual wound at this point, it may have developed a bad infection or you may have gotten tetanus from the cut. The doctor can give you antibiotics for the infection or a tetanus shot if it is needed. If you don't go to the doctor, you could risk worsening the possible infection and causing many more problems in the future.

Karen W
Rating
Yes, if it's still bothersome after 6 days, you should see a doctor. You may need an antibiotic or antibiotic ointment. That would help with the pain. Sometimes leaving wounds wrapped up for so long and not letting them some air keeps them from healing well. But yes, I would get it checked just to be on the safe side. Good luck, hope it feels better soon.

Stumpy
Rating
Probably give you a mild painkiller and tell you to keep it clean. I wouldn't waste the time to go to the doctor.

sara k
of course you should

Rating
u should rlly go c a dr.

Doc8
Rating
In six days a vascular area like that should be healed. Is there any evidence of infection, redness swelling red streaks?

Alex
Rating
Yes, I would go right away. You could form a serious infection if you don't. The doctor will give you an antibiotic and maybe a shoot to stop the infection if he determines that you do have one. Hope this helps... get well soon.

frisbee72001
Rating
I would still see the doctor. It's an open wound and you could get tetanus. That may sound drastic, but the chances are unlikely, but it's still worthwile to see the doctor.

Fool in the Rain
He/she could make sure the cut hasn't gotten infected. Maybe give you some painkillers and/or antibiotics.

~life sucks~
Rating
save your money. Unless its infected (oozing greenish or yellow stuff, hot to the touch, swelling, redness surrounding the wound, fever) there is nothing to do for it. Keep it clean and dry, apply neosporin. Ofcourse its going to hurt, you sliced it with a knife. Just watch for infection, you'll be fine.

Doc from Bangkok
we would give you anti-biotics, which you may need if it is still hurting, and perhaps a t-DAP booster if you are out of date

BILBO BAGGINS
Rating
FIRST OF ALL, I HOPE YOU USED NEOSPORIN WHILE APPLYING THOSE BANDAGES. I DON'T THINK YOU NEED TO SEE A DOC UNLESS YOU NOTICE THAT IT CONTINUES TO SWELL A/F DAY 3 OR 4. TAKE SOME IBUPROFEN FOR THE PAIN BECAUSE IT HAS SOME ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTION.

pheonixardent
only see a dr. if it is red and swelling. Otherwise don't worry about it. Try useing aloe vera on it or take some asprin.

cats4ever2k1
Rating
have you cleaned the wound? Its good the bleeding stopped but I wonder did you clean it? If you didnt...it could of gotten infected- and you will need to see a doctor for that...otherwise just a cut...depends on how deep- if its deep you may of need stitches.....therefor a doc...if its a flesh wound that would be the only case Id say You dont need to.

Marina F
Rating
the bad possibility after 6 days is an infection, so if you have the finger red and swollen..inflamed and it hurts too bad you should see the doctor because you could need some antibiotics, if not, don't worry and keep it clean ( peroxide is good) and dry.

marquie
Rating
I feel you should go to the doctor. They may not be able to sew it up but you could have an infection which could get worse if not treated. Especially, if there is redness & swelling.

abarmaid4u
Unless you've had a tetanus shot within the last 10 years, you may want to get one of those.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus

Donkey
If it's yellow or oozing bad, I would see the doctor. If it's not infected, the doctor is going to tell you to take some advil, send you home, and charge you for the visit. Rinse out the cut with peroxide (It'll burn, but it will kill the germs) Clean it and put a fresh bandage on it every day, or even twice a day, especially after showering. Once it has mended some, and you don't think it will break open, sleep with the bandage off. It's good for the cut to get some air, helps the would dry out. Also, put Neosporin on the bandage...it's anti-bacterial, and helps cuts heal faster. If, after another week or so it doesn't seem to be healing, go see the doctor because it may be infected.

ssgtusmc3013
Rating
yes

warm_champaign
Rating
I would call your regular doctor and ask him these things. But i cut my fingertip off once and it grew back. I wouldn't go to the doctor unless it keeps bleeding or something like that.
Any cut that you have is gonna hurt. thats what makes it a cut. I suggest you use some neosporion and make sure you give it some air now and again so that the new skin can heal over the dead skin.
I think you'll be just fine.

semi273hemi
Rating
If infected see a Doctor

Medical Assistant
Rating
well if your not healing could be you have diabetes, If I were you I would see a doctor you might need a tetnus buster vaccine

damsca
Rating
If it is a superficial cut, then it will heal in time. But if it is a deep cut, then you might need stitches. Do you notice anything (e.g. swelling, reddish colour, healing, etc.) around the cut? If no healing is seen, I'd say "go to the doctor".

shavenllama
Rating
It hurts because it's on your fingertip. if the cut doesn't smell bad or if you don't have any discoloration under the skin, he wont be able to do anything. keep neosporin on it and let it air if you can.

Rayman
Rating
You should go see a doctor!

Julia
Rating
Go to the doctor!

doctor asho
Rating
yes,u Should go to the doctor.

trazom28
depending on how well you cleaned the wound, you may require an antibiotic. You may have a small infection in it, especially if it's hurting still. It could be irritated from the infection.

You should go see the doc.

Kristy h
Rating
go to the doctor please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?
You should see the doctor in case you develop an infection from that cut. He may give you a tetnus shot or antibiotics to prevent any infection that may occur.

SmartyPants
Rating
It could be infected. Go to the doctor before you get Gangrene. There could be microscopic traces of old food inside the wound since you cut it with a kitchen knife (which has a tendency of retaining small particles of food in the blade). I would at least have it checked out.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy