Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Mild but bothersome knee pain, any advice?
Lately I have been having some mild knee pain on the outside of my right knee. It didn't seem to come on suddenly and has been bothering me for some time now. I have noticed there is a bump in ...

I am very anxious around needles. Having a blood draw soon. scared please help me. Will it really hurt?
Are nurses used to treating nervous patients?

Will they be able to calm me down, and distract me?

Last time i had a blood test, was 4 years ago, the nurse was really horrid. And ...

Sprain/Fracture/Break?
Today at gymnastics I landed with my ankle turned to the side (as in my ankle was very near the floor when i landed) and I can barely move it now without it hurting and I cannot walk on it. My dad ...

Have i broken my kneecap??
i fell down the stairs and hurt my knee. then i had to do sport and ran 3.2km. also i then slipped in the bathroom. my knee really kills and i have trouble moving it, but it is not swelled or ...

Ok I have a Cut In My Arm And I Need It Gone By This Weekend!! Any Suggestions?
I haven't told anyone yet cause I really want it gone and FAST!!
Additional Details
It's not that deep well not really! I just have this thing this weekend and I can't ...

Tell me what you think?
I think that if we made alcohol illegal and marijiana legal a lot more of us would be alive today, alcohol kills. That's just my opinion....

I've cut my hair like a year and a half ago. Why hasn't it grown since then?
I've heard that fish oil pills can help the growth of my hair and nails!...

How to fake a wrist injury or hurt it a little??
i really dont wanna go climbing on the 1 class trip and my teacher already said that it was madatory and im really terrified of heights and dont wanna embarress myself. im thinking about a wrist or ...

My friend just fell off his bike and twisted his leg and it keeps on hurting?
So wat hapened was he fell off and and from his knee to his ankle it hurts cuase it twisted. We're trying ice, but when he moves it, it hurts alot. Any suggestions wat to do?
Additional D...

Why do I wake in the morning with a pulled muscle in my inner calf?
For the past year or two I've been waking up in the morning with my inner calf hurting like crazy; it feels like a pulled muscle and it hurts A LOT. I used to wake up to these pulled muscles ...

I fell on my wrist, what could it be?
I feel hard the other day, with most of the pressure on one hand. Now my wrist hurts going up the side of my arm by that bone that sticks out. I know I didn't break the bone. And I'm not ...

Knee problem. Should I demand more from my doctor?
I have had a knee problem since I was 12 years old. I was running across the street the next step my knee gave out and I crashed like a ton of bricks. It felt like my lower leg went one way and my ...

Will this affect me playing soccer?
My toenail is basically dead and will most likely have to be removed (its my big toe)
Can I still play soccer if It is removed?
What is the general recovery time?...

I've got a ganglian on my wrist?
it's been there for years. sometimes its worse than others. when its big i find it embarrasin but i also find it uncomfortable when i flex my wrist. what exactly is a ganglian, will i always ...

Does anyone have any ideas of how to break if not just injure yourself, like an arm or leg or foot...?
Nothing too serious, just enough to not allow to play a sport....
I know I must sound insane, but this is an actual non-joking question....I just need something wrong, like a break, maybe a ...

I have a blister type thing on my toe on my left foot..from idk what but its there what do i do???? it hurts?
i walked home today and my toe was killin me so i took of my shoes and socks looked at my foot saw my toe and theres a blister type thing on it... how do i get rid of it??
Additional Details...

Do you have any really great stories about a scar you have?

How do you know if you have broken a bone in your foot?
Earlier I tripped up and my foot is agony! I actually cant put any pressure on it or anything and I think I might have broken a bone :-| although I can move my toes but it is still agony when I do it!...

Should i use this ice pack?
so i work at an office in a hotel, and my foot is swollen (long story, but i cant go home) so room service brought down 2 ice packs...one is an air tight sealed pack full of ice, the other is a "...

I have pulled a muscle in my calf (on the inside)it wont go away has anybody got a cure?

♫♪doubled4life♪♫
Please help my shins hurt?
yesterday i walked about 2 miles on the road. and last night my shins started to ache really really bad and i can barley walk and still hurts. they are not swollen or red they just hurt really bad. i'm 12 and i started school on tuesday. whats wrong with them. and how do i make them feel better.
Additional Details
hey. i'm not out of shape i wiegh 76 pounds. i was also wearing soft fom flip flops.

Emma~lw
Rating
umm the fact you walked 2 miles in flip flops might have something to do with it just rest as much as you can take paracetamol for the pain in the morning your legs probs just need to get used to walking long distances and dont do it in flip flops again xx

Kitty Kat
Rating
Sounds like you have shin splints. This happens when you put physical strain on your body while walking or running. As previous posters have said, you need to heat and then cool them.

Given that you only walked 2 miles, this suggests that you are not physically in shape. (Which is the reason why the first poster suggested you start working on that) By the way, weight doesn't indicate how in shape you are. Someone underweight can be as out of shape as someone over weight. Maybe it was your shoes, but if this is consistent, you should to work on your physical health.

dweller85
Sounds like shin splints to me. Shin splints are a real pain. It's nothing major a lot of people get them. Your best bet is to stay off of it. You may want to massage you shins and use heat to relax the muscle. See if your parents will buy you some Doctor Schulz's gels to help ease the pain when you walk. The pain should reside withing two weeks if you stay off of it.

The Stretch Coach
Rating
There is nothing like a good walk to clear your head!

Do you stretch/warm up before and after (Cool Down) your routines? If not this could be the tightness you are feeling in your thighs.

An effective warm up also has the effect of increasing both your heart rate and your respiratory rate. This increases blood flow, which in turn increases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the working muscles. All this helps to prepare the muscles, tendons and joints for more strenuous activity

Read more about this here:

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/warm-up.php

The main aim of the cool down is to promote recovery and return the body to a pre exercise, or pre work out level. During a strenuous work out your body goes through a number of stressful processes. Muscle fibres, tendons and ligaments get damaged, and waste products build up within your body.

Read more about this here:

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/cool-down.php

Once you implement a good stretching routine you should start to feel less sore each day, if the soreness persists you may be over doing things so have a day off in between your walks.
Good Luck I hope this helps!

aliwali
get ICYHOT and get into shape

Robyn D
Rating
What you have is a condition called "shin splints" I got this ALL the time when I ran cross country in High School. It is caused generally from running and/or walking long distances on hard surfaces (concrete, blacktop, etc) To treat them you should alternate soaking them in a warm bath and icing them. It will get better but once you start to get them, they usually come back habitually.
If I remember correctly I was told by my physical trainer in High School that the pressure from running on the hard surface causes the muscles to slightly pull away from the bone. It is really no serious harm, just uncomfortable feeling.

Lucy
Rating
you probably have shin splints from walking a lot and your body isn't used to it. So you should just ice them for 20min on and then 20 min off. It seems to help me and that's what my trainer told me to do.

b00.m0nkey
Rating
two words. Shin Splints. What it is: when you run flatfooted/walk, or have bad shoes on, the muscle in your shins separates or pulls away from the bone, causing it to be sore. If you have a sharp pain in your shin when you put weight or pressure on your leg, or if you can pin-point an exact spot where it hurts, you have shin splints.
What you can do:
RICE- Rest. Keep off your feet if you can. But, since you are in school, I suggest not running if you aren't in PE or athletics; Ice. Put ice on your shins on the spot it hurts. Keep it on for bout 20 min. Then, you can do heat, but probably is best not to, since it is inflamed; Compression. Wrap your shins with athletic or medical tape if you do have to run. It will keep the muscle firmly next to the bone while it heals; Elevation. Just stay off you feet, and you can have your legs up on a pillow. It feels good, and it can't hurt.

EXERCISE. Bend down to touch your toes. (even if you can go all the way down, just stop with your hands at about your knees.) now, wiggle your toes/ front of your feet up and down as fast as you can. Do it until you can feel your shins warming up. Then, do it a little longer. Do this several times a day. in the morning. before PE/athletics. after PE/athletics. at night before bed.

MEDICATE. Take ibuprofen as suggested on bottle. This will also help the inflamation.

HEALED!!! It will probably take about a week to two weeks to heal, depending on how active you are. the less active you are, the faster you will heal.

PREPARE. Next time, wear good shoes when walking a ways. and, now that you've had shin splints, you are more likely to get it again, so before PE/athletics, do that toe excercise. it will help prevent shin splints.
Hope this helps! Feel better! :)
Wishing you a speedy recovery,
Bek

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy