Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Hey guys!! yesterday i got really sunburnt sitting next to the pool?
i was just wondering - how to stop the sting?? I know moisturiser helps with peeling - but what can i get that will just take the sting away?? and before anyone says it - i know i should have been ...

My back is killing me between sholder blades anyone got a cure!?

What will happen when you don't eat for a long period of time?
i was thinking of doing it......

What do I do with a broken thermometer?
it went "snap" while it was inside me and I'm afraid to pull it out.......

I think my husband has a broken nose??
I think DH has a broken nose. We got the bleeding stopped and it is only swelling a little bit at this point. His right cheekbone hurts to the touch and has a headache thru his sinuses up over his ...

Can I get my stitches wet?
i just had a small surgeory on my cheek like, three hours ago, and i want to know if i can get it wet. i forgot to ask the doctor...?...

I Thought I Had A Sti, BUT ITS WORSSTERR!!!!!!!! help?

i thought i had a little sti on my eye, but after one day it got a little swallon, and i couldnt sleep on my left side because it hurt to much!

now this mornin as ive woken up and ...

When was the last time you skinned your knee and what age were you?
How'd you do it??...

Okay. This "thing" in my hand is really starting to bug me.?
Okay. A few months ago, I went to the doctor conserning this little bump in my hand. He whacked it with a book (Yes.. really) and said it was only a packed bit of calcium or something, and that ...

What injuries would a person sustain if they were hit by an 18-wheeler going about 55-60 mph?
Not thinking of trying it--just curious....

HELP!!...LADiES!!?
I have on fake,acrylic nails. Well, today I punched my brother (because he hit me first) and my pinky finger nail cracked ( the fake nail and my real nail) and my real nail started bleeding..Should I...

My loft ladder just whacked me on the head.?
OUCH!!...

Please only serious answers I have a lower back pain. What should I do?

Ok,I fell off my horse......?
Saturday I fell off my horse and slammed into the wooden gate and it pushed my head down into my neck.And now this morning my neck hurts and I tried Tylenol and it didn't relieve any of my pain.+...

I broke my arm?
Hi, well i broke my arm 6 weeks ago at work anyway can i just soak it in water to get it off or do i have to go to the doctors they are 60 miles away and have a long wait in the waiting room. i heard ...

Please please please answer im sore.?
Okay i had volleyball tryouts today, and it hurts.

im not exactly in shape...

im 13. 151 pounds and 5'5

we have to do a lot of running tommorow.

and ...

Do you soak a sprain ankle in hot water with salt or just leave it soaking with ice?

How should you respond if a dog bites your arm and won't let go?

What are the symptoms of a sprained ankle??

Cracked tailbone?
a few years ago i went on a water ride, and i hit my tailbone really bad. then like a year ago i did it again. it felt like i was being poked through my skin. lately i have been feeling pain if i sit ...

Jordan
People have told me that when you get your belly button pierced you can be paralysed if they hit a wrong nerve
is that true? can you like die from it or anything? im only 14... i was jw.... can you get any other problems?

toy trains for brains
Rating
thats the least of your worries

Selena B
No you can't unless you get an infection which gets septic.

lainie loo
Oh is that why i cant feel my legs!
Erm never heard of that one. Get all my piercing done by a professional, they did tell me you have to get the needle positioned correctly when doing tongue piercing as its poss to hit the main vein thingy which can lead to you bleeding ALOT and worse. Just don't be stupid and get ya mates to do ya belly button,get it done properly!

Maddie
Rating
I have heard of there being a nerve near that area but never of anyone being paralysed. If still considering getting it done please go to a professional!

caffsans
I don't think you would as they pierce the loose skin above or below the hole =which ever you prefer

saylavee
Only if you have your belly button pierced by a large object (such as a lamp-post) would it end up hitting a nerve!!

Greeney
Rating
That it nearly as absurd as the whole 'if you pick your nose your brain will fall out comment'. People often make things up to try and stop you from doing things. This is one of those times.

jdiddley
Rating
No, that's not true. The only way you could die from it is if it became infected and you became septic.

howdoileave?
Rating
NO. They lie. Keep it clean by salt-water bathing it twice daily. it will swell & be very uncomfortable for a few days, but not REALLY painful. Make sure that the people doing it know what they're about. If it does hurt & weep, go to Doctors for infection, then back to shop for advice/moan.
Some things for a quality check;
Is someone you know happy with the work done by them?
Are they members of a trade association?
Is the shop clean?
Do they use fresh, sterile kit?
The best thing to do is;
Go into the shop & talk to the staff about why you want the piercing, the procedure, & your fears.

Jacqui
Firstly, you will need parental consent to get it pierced, even then many reputable piercers wont do it until you are older.

No, you cannot be paralysed through such a procedure, but as others have said, it is possible to die from an infection.
The reason being, that your umbilicus (belly button) carries unused wbut still active veins/arteries that were used while in your mothers womb.

Should you get an infection, it can spread very quickly around the body and to all the the major organs.

The other problems: it can hurt alot, and can also migrate (move from where it was inserted)

[life is peachy]
I've never heard of someone getting paralyzed because of getting their belly button pierced...but if it isn't done by a professional that uses sterile needles, there is a much greater risk of infection.

A few of my friends have had their belly button pierced and they didn't have any problems with it. If it's done by a professional there should be minimal problems with the piercing.

Big K
Rating
Well, those people are wrong. Not possible.

fitzy
Rating
i never heard of anyone to die from this, if that was the case nobody would be getting it done . make sure you go to a professional

fiteprogram
Rating
*shocked face* then I guess I won't be doing that. LOL

Skyhawk
False.
Your spinal cord is nowhere near your belly-button.
There are some risks like infection, or minor nerve damage.
But, no, paralyisis is not one of them.

usafjw197
Rating
absolutey not. your nerve stem runs down your spine so unless you pinch/cut/whatever your nerve stem you wont be paralyzed. yea they can hit nerves but thats what makes it hurt. your biggest concern is infection which is painful nasty

homemanager22
people my not thin of this, but in reality this is a minor sygicial procedure, i wouldn't think that it's possible to be paralysed as most of the nerves that affect this are found at the back of the body along the spine.

however the area could become infected, and sevear infections over time could cause death, however this will never never happen in this case

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy