Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How to heel a ripped, or torn muscle in my butt?
I recently hurt my butt muscle lifting a pallet about 8 mo ago, the pain went away 2 weeks after hurting it and just the other day for some reason started hurting extremly bad again. I need some ...

What's up with my eye?
ok, so yesterday i was washing my face and rubbing my eyes. then all of a sudden i felt like something went in my eye...like an eyelash. but it was hurting so bad that i couldn't even open it. ...

How tall must a building be to garauntee death if you jumped off it?

I scratched my eyeball few hours ago ?
i was playing with my dog and his foot caught my eyeball. I couldnt open it for an hour or so, and even though i cant see (ha) any markings on the eyeball now it still is quite sore. just wondering ...

Torn meniscus, will running/working make it worse?
I supposed to have torn meniscus surgery. I run about 7 1/2 min miles for 3 miles every other day.. my knee hurts but I have to stay in shape for my job, is this going to make things worse or is it ...

What are the qualities of the medical doctor that makes you trust him/her? What bothers you the most......?
What makes an excelletn doctor in your opinion? what qualities do you seek for when you choose a doctor? What bothers you the most about the attitude of some doctors?...

I fainted and fell on my knee?
for 2 days I wasn't able to bend my knee, I felt pain for 2 weeks. Even 1 month after my fall I feel that it is not as smooth as it was before the fall. What might be the problem?
A...

Who has ever gotten a bunch of blood under a fingernail, and it ended up falling off?
I was helpin my dad w/ some granite and got my finger smashed between a couple pieces, luckily, the nail seperated from my finger @ the tip, so the bad part is just growing off, and not falling off....

A black eye question?
I got punched in the eye about a week ago. The Dr. said I need surgery to repair a fracture in the bone around the eye. My question is this: my cornea (the white part) is still COMPLETELY red/purple. ...

How do you decide whether to apply heat or ice to an injury?
I fell over today and landed on my knee cap, although it's very painful and I can hardly walk I don't think there's any long term damage done , having said that I would like to ...

Help...Broken Foot!!?
One week ago, I fell going up one lousy stair.. (can you believe it?) Anyways, I thought I only sprained my foot, cuz the swelling went down and I can walk on it.. Yesterday however, I had an xray ...

Why when you take a bath only your fingers,hands and feet get "pruney"?

Will this ringing in my ears stop?
Well, about 5 hours ago my brother popped bubble wrap by my ear, it was really painful at the time of the incident, and my ear was ringing for about 30 seconds after. Now it rings at random times ...

How do I to fix a lost voice FAST?
My voice was husky yesterday and Saturday night.
Ive been staying in a caravan for the weekend, and now Im back home.
Im going away on Thursday, and its REALLY important I get my voice back ...

Hurt on the job?
back in 2004, my husband was hurt on the job (through a temp agency). He twisted his ankle while he was getting off his forklift. the safety coordinator sent him to the company medical center, even ...

Does a bruise heal faster when left open or when under bandaging?
I fell from my bike and got a minor wound on my knee last day. Today morning, I removed the bandaging and found that the wound was still fresh but the bleeding had stopped.

I haven't ...

My back hurts really bad what can i do?
its on my lower back and its like my back stiffened up and i cant bend it i cant walk or sit down to use the bathroom have any of you experienced this if you have what can i do plz im ...

What kinds of vitamins or remedies should I take to speed up the process of healing a broken ankle?
I broke an ankle from an accident at work. Three bones....

What do i do with a jammed finger???
ok here goes....
i was playing basketball and in the 1st quarter i totally jammed my pinki finger (how? i have no clue). i was trying to block a shot and my hand went up. i was running back down ...

What is wrong with my legs?
For the past few months my legs have been aching, it gets worse in the evening, my muscles sometimes pulseate as well, and my legs feel really heavy, in the thigh area and particulary from the knee ...

SOOZIE
Pain starting in leg 3 weeks after a bad bruise?
Fell and hit shin bone in 2 places. Normal pain at the time and a few day after but after 3 weeks I started having pain that feels like a bad bruise on the whole length of the front and bottom half of my leg.

Roundthread
Rating
Where do people like you come from?

Go to your GP.

jimbob
Rating
It could be a Blood Clot, which is VERY dangerous. Go to the docters, ASP or you may end up Hopping Mad!!!

icewitch54
Worth getting it checked out by the doctor. Chance it may have developed a blood clot, which always needs checking out. If it is a clot and remains undiagnosed the danger is that it could travel. Blood clots can be dissolved with medication but left untreated and it travels toward the heart it could, potentially, prove fatal.

cripple
Might be worth using some arnica or witch hazel although they are usually best applied when you first get a bruise. It seems unusual to get pain 3 wks later but shins have very little flesh over the bone so likely to be more sore.

Evie
Do please go see your local GP and get everything checked out. It could be internal bruising that is causing the pain and on the other hand it could be a clot that could cause DVT so best get some professional advice.

Good Luck.

flippant
could be a blood clot

Richard L
Rating
This happened to me after a football injury, but mine went all the colours of the rainbow, front and back ,I was off work for 6 weeks, its just internal bleeding but to be safe if your worried get it checked out by your gp. He pressed my shin and could feel if it was broke of not, then signed me off cause i couldn't walk lol. I still have a lump now and it still feels brusied some times now and this was in 2000!!!!

honey
Rating
hi. my friend was playing football and she got tackled badly and lots of bruses came up on her leg and they were really bad. eventually it developed into a blood clot. she had it on the shin too and it went all the way down the shin. she went the doctors and they said it is nothing to worry about it just keep an eye on it and it will eventually go down but if it goes worse come back and see us so my advice to you is to go and see your doctor to see if it is a blood clot. don't worry blood clots arn't always bad just a little sore!! but just get it checked anyway. good luck ;)

RM
Rating
Your shin is a very painful place to bruise, you have my sympathy!

Your shin bone (the front edge of your tibia) is covered with a membrane called the periosteum.

This is made of two layers - a fibrous outer layer, and a soft inner layer which has lots of blood vessels in it.

When you give your shin bone a good wallop, you can sometimes strip a little of the inner layer of periosteum.
This bleeds a lot, and the bleeding is trapped against the bone by the harder outer layer.

Over a week or two, this bleeding is usually absorbed.

Sometimes it's not.... and then you can run into problems. This sounds a bit like you.

If the blood is trapped between the layers of periosteum and is not being reabsorbed, after a few weeks the periosteum can start laying down bone cells in the pooled blood.
It can then continue to do this over a period of weeks until you're left with a nice big bony lump on the front of your shin!

This may cause you no problems, or it may cause you serious problems, depending on how big it is, and the kind of activities you engage in.

If you're an athletic person, you might find yourself developing shin splints, particularly if you do a lot of treadmill or road running, or indeed running of any kind.

The best thing to do is let your GP have a quick look, they'll quickly refer you on if it needs to be dealt with.

Now's the time to go though, before the bleeding gets organised and too hard to do anything with.

Good luck with it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy