Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Would having nausea after a minor car accident be normal?
It's been 5 hours since the accident, i'm having nausea. is this normal?...

How do i get rid of soreness?
ok so i went snowboarding today for the first time so u all can imagine how well that went so im asking wat is the best way to get rid of soreness from ur back, legs, and tailbone and a spraind wrist?...

Spider Bites????
What are the symptoms of a spider bite? I don't have any bites...i haven't felt any...but I've read up on spider bites..and some can bite you while your asleep and you won't feel ...

Why is my left knee in pain?
Yesterday, I went to the gym and was playing basketball. I think I landed kind of ackward, and I felt a twinge in a muscle behind my knee. The next day, I had pain throughout the back and a little ...

Do you know someone who had brain injury?
My friend has had a heart attack in 2000 (she's only in her twenties), and at the time the brain suffered from lack of oxygen. I met her about 2002, at the time she suffered from severe ...

Could i qualifiy for MTV scarred?
well i was grinding a bridge over a riverand i slipped and fell roughly 20 ft and one of my lungs got punchured by a musle i had 30 of them stabbed into me and i have it all on ...

Messed up kneecap...perhaps bone chip?
I hit my knee REALLY hard a few months ago and it hurts now more than ever. Whenever my upper left corner of my right knee cap brushes against something, it hurts like...well...very bad.
A...

I pulled a muscle in my leg today- what should i do (its painful!)?
I was stretching in Tennis today before playing and pulled a muscle in the upper back part of my left leg. What should I do?...

Im not complaining, my manhood has actually got bigger in the last 2 years, by an inch girth & lenght.?
is this what happens to a male in mid 30's, my father didnt tell me it was going to happen, or i never read about it, is it a secret male surprise or somthing. i never actually really noticed it ...

Anybody really miss the painkillers after a serious injury...?
i'm a week into a cast on my foot for two broken bones...i had vicodien and codiene...and now the last is gone...and im not so much worried about any pain as i am the end to this week long high.....

If I'm walking on a public sidewalk and slip on ice and hurt myself who is responsible?

Hit elbow, now it is painfull and tingly?
My co-worker hit his elbow a few hours ago and now it is still tingly, and quite painful. what did he do, and how can he fix it?
Additional Details
sorry mom... you snooze you loose! lol ...

Capacitor Got Me, Should I be Worried?
It is 330V and 220 uf (micro farad). It was pretty terrifying, I'm not sure how long it was discharging into my body for, but I had enough time to wonder "what the hell is going on!?", ...

How many bones do you have in your ankle because i think i have broken mine?

Bruises! How can I diminish them?
I bruise very easily and have unsightly black n purples any way to reduce thier appearance?...

What if you had no more time left ?

My baby received a spiral fracture to arm and haematoma to scrotum during c section birth and I can't sue!!
My beautiful baby boy was born in September via a c-section. During the procedure he received a spiral fracture to his left humerus and a haematoma (bruising mass) to his scrotum. I am angry that ...

I think i fractured my ankle what should i do'?

What are some signs of a sprained wrist?
and how do you know if it is severe? It has a lump the size of a golf ball....

Any iders on breaking my foot?

chewy
Ok I seriously think I broke my foot? How can I tell?
I'm thinking about going to the doctor, but I don't want to go unless something is truly wrong! Its a really purplish, blackish color and it has become really swollen. I've had it in ice for about 45 minutes but no change. Currently I am sitting on my recliner, on my laptop, and in EXTREME pain. Are there any other signs I should look for, or should I call a friend and tell them to take me to the doctor? Plz help!
Additional Details
Oh yeah, what happened is we were playing basketball and I came down on it. And lots of weight came down on it! ( 6'6, 253 lbs)

bj
Rating
i would go to the docter its better betting safe than sorry coz if it is broken andf u dnt go the consequences could be lethal

linnea13
Go to the dr. There is no way to tell wether it is sprained (probable) or there is a chipped bone, a hair fracture or a full fractuer (very possible). Either way go to the Dr immediately and plan to stay off your feet for a good week or two and very easy after that.

Warren D
Rating
Go to the doctor or emergency room. If it isn't broken it's injured in other ways and none of them are good.

Ice should help with the pain and should also help the swelling. An ice pack will work better than soaking it in ice water, however.

It could also be a sprain, which is another serious injury. Again, ice for pain and swelling. The bruising sounds more like a fracture, however.

Good luck, and chances are it will pretty much heal on its own. You may be like me and able to forecast weather for the remainder of your life, however. That ain't all bad.

equi_star33
Rating
Can u move it?

Kira
umm....go to the doctor

BlueSkyy
Rating
The only time I ever broke a bone, I KNEW I broke it. I always wondered if you would know if you broke something and the answer is positively YES! It would hurt so much there would be no questioning yourself. You could not stand the pain for one minute, so I think you have a very bad sprain. I would still see a doctor.

Chilli
Rating
Hey mate, from what you say all signs are pointing to yes.. there are a couple of checks you can do but if your foot is that swollen and tender it may not help. Normally applying light pressure on your foot in different areas is a good way to find the source of the pain. So my first question would be where is pain specifically coming from on your foot? Ligament damage tends to cause just as much swelling if not more then actually broken bones so you may have a tear somewhere? But if its really swollen and ice isn't reducing the pain or inflammation then an xray is probably your best option. Good luck with it mate!

superintern
Rating
If I was going to explain what a broken foot looked like, I could just copy and paste your question into this box. If your ankle looked that way, there would be a slight possibility of bad sprain, but not the foot.

sophieb
get to the doctor immediately...seriously.

Lab Assistant Beaker
Rating
I'm still puzzling over why you are not in the A&E of your local hospital. So many possibilities: breakage, bruising or a combination. But none of us here can see it or assess it. You need to see a doctor.
Broken bone ends need to be reset properly, otherwise you will have foot problems later, if or when it heals.

Tara` [NYY]
To answer your question, there really isn't too much more you can do. You can maker a homemade splint for your foot to reduce the amount the fractured bone moves, if it is indeed broken. The signs and symptoms you are describing (swelling, pain, bruising, etc.) are all indicative of a possible fracture, but it could just be bruised. The only 100% way to tell if you have a fracture is something we call crepitus, which is a sound that we listen for when we assess wounds. Crepitus is a grinding or "sanding" noise that two broken bone ends make when they rub each other. Otherwise, they only way to tell is by an x-ray. Splinting your foot will help a great deal, so make it a priority. If you don't splint and the bone is fractured, the loose bone ends can create tissue damage in your foot which can lead to infection.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, July 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy