Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I cut myself and im loosing too much blood, what do i do?
i accidentally cut my hand the cut is like 5cm across

its been bleeding for a good 15 minutes now and it won stop

im loosing a lot of blood, what should i do?

im in ...

Is it possible to hit your funny bone by yourself?

Open sore on labia minora! HELP!?
okay so ive been having troubles
down there lately. two days ago
i woke up, went to pee, and when i
wiped i felt the most horrible pain ever.
i took a mirror, spread my legs, a ...

Oww... I have a knee problem...?
I have a knee problem from soccer. I am 13 and I went to the Children's Hospital in St. Louis. The doctor's there thought it might be a heart problem or something to do with my blood. They ...

OMG is this possible? Very simple question? I need help?
I sprained my ankle a month ago and yesterday and school I was just slowly moving the ankle around getting it moving and I heard a crack, a realy loud one. It sounded like a snap kinda but mostly a ...

Injured Ankle?
Well, a month or so ago I fell down some stairs and hurt my ankle. I thought nothing about it, just that it hurt VERY badly! It hurt for about three weeks VERY badly, though I forced myself to walk ...

Is it a serious issue to have a big bruise 3 days after giving blood?
I didn't notice it until today, but I have a large bruise around the site I gave blood on Thursday. Is this a problem or is it a common occurence? The blood tech. said she had to draw from a ...

My left hand is half numb, only the pinky and ring finger. there is slight sensation. can anyone help me?
i have looked a few things up and still cant figure it out. i dont think its caparal tunnel because its starts from your thumb to your middle finger, never your pinky. im so confused. is it life ...

I have a bump right under my chin that hurts when I put pressure on it what do you think it is?
I didn't hit my chin on anything, and it isn't briused....

I have glass in my finger?!?!?
a few months ago we were doing an experiment in science using microscopes. the microscpe cver slides were made of VERY thin glass.

well i was holding one of those and i accidentaly ...

Is it normal for both my ankles i sprained over 4 years ago to still be swollen?
I sprained both my ankles one over 4 years ago while doing cross country and the other about 3 years ago playing basketball. They are both still swollen is that normal....

Son fell off bike cut knee now it's slightly red around the injury and he is saying it is painfull to walk????
he has a couple of pretty bad scrapes, this was a fall from 4 days ago and the cuts are a little red and maybe slightly swollen i have used peroxide to clean them out .unless he had complained about ...

Little Toe has gone purple for no reason (Picture)?
This afternoon my little toe turned purple and has swollen up, I am also in pain from this. The weird thing is I have not dropped anything on it, does anyone know what has caused this and should I ...

Need help pls... wha't this pain?
it's about my neck... lately i'm feeling this pain just before i wake up to bed... i know its not just a stiffneck and i feel like there is a nerve on my neck that's been hurting ...

My head hurted really bad for 3 whole days and now i see blury?
my head hurted really bad for 3 whole days straight and now i see really blury from my left eye.I thought it was my contact but is not please help......

I stabbed myself with a sissors and it really hurts even now what do i do to it my momstoped the bleeding?

Where in/on the neck would a puncture be possible and not kill someone?
This is for my book. I want it to be realistic fyi. The puncture would be 1-3 millimeters in. Thanks!...

Pop pills?
I was just wondering if you popped or took Tylonal or Ibuprofen without needing it would you get high? If not what pills could you get high off of?...

Has your head ever fallen of?

I have a huge blood fetish i cut my arm deep and watch the blood run down my arms the sight of it makes me oh?
im ...

kennyk
Normal? Its been four weeks since I sprained my ankle, and there is still much pain when I twist it gently.?
It wasnt really that bad of a sprain. Only slight swelling, but hard to walk on without it wrapped up.
But I never went to the doctor and just kept wrapping it up for like 2 weeks. It's been four now and it's definitely not healed.
Im curious what I should do, or if this is just normal.
Thank you.

RVP kiki
i dont think its normal. i suggest you go to the doctors and next time go doctors sooner.

nickmydog
Rating
It could be broken. U should go see a doctor.

Andee
Rating
Sprains can be worse than broken bones when it comes to healing up and feeling better. But, since it has been 4 weeks and it still hurts a lot, you should probably go get it checked out by a doctor and have it x-rayed to see if you actually broke or cracked a bone. You may also need a brace for it rather than just a wrap.

jess b
Rating
I sprained my ankle over a year ago (pretty bad sprain) and it still hurts. I still occasionally go over on it if I'm walking on uneven ground etc.

Try strengthening exercises to tighten up the tendons etc, strapping is good to prevent you twisting it again.

But yeah, it is pretty normal.

henjen07
you need to go to the doctor to have x-rays done, and have it checked out for any broken bones or any other damages you may have done to it.

Doug
If you are still having pain with movement 4 weeks later, I suggest a doctor appt to get xrays. A fracture, even a hairline one, needs proper treatment. Some bad sprains take a long time to heal, but admittedly, this was mild. Good Luck!!

indranil m
Rating
Do a X-ray of ankle joint.If it's normal then you probably got a ligament injury.Wrapped it with a crep bandage and put the leg in rest for a week.Hot compress to the area is help full.When in bed keep the limb elevated and loose the bandage.Also take some analgesic for few days but never message the affected area.In most of the cases the above measures help,if not and if there is a fracture then consult a doctor.

Due 7.6.08 with #1!
Rating
I sprained my ankle almost a year and a half ago now, and occasionally it still swells and hurts.

I was on crutches and in a splint for almost 6 weeks when it originally happened. And then after that, I wrapped it for a long time for extra support.

Like someone else said, do some exercises to strengthen those tendons and ligaments back up again. My doctor told me to write the A-B-C's in the air with my big toe. Also, if it hurts, try to give it a bit of a rest. Pain is your body's way of telling you that something is wrong...... If it is a lot of pain, or if it continues much longer, I'd think about going to the doctor to have him/her check it out.

dancerhelen2006
It can be normal depending on how bad the sprain was. You say it wasn't bad, but the only way you can tell is by x-ray. At this point, you really need to see a doctor.
In the time being, you need to keep it wrapped, stay off it as much as possible, and put ice on it. Also, you need to try moving it just a little. Try moving it in small circles very slowly, or try writing the alphabet with your foot, so that you move the ankle, but stop when it hurts. Just doing that, will get your ankle moving just a little and begin to heal it.
But you really need to see a doctor and get it looked at. It shouldn't hurt that much after four weeks.
Best of luck.

DAVE_IS_CRA_ZE
Rating
go see a physiologist it could be more then just a light tap,
about a month ago i was at work and swang a sledge hammer on a piece of wood but missed, the sledge hit the top of my foot
(i was wearing steel caps) but then about a week later it started killing, it took about 3 weeks and it healed.

you should check ya doc, if its just tissue damage then its will take awhile but if it aint you might have to get an x-ray i know its a inconvience but you should go get it checked.... hope you get better soon...seeya

It's Just Me
Rating
I sprained my ankle back in November, and it still hurts!

I went to see an Orthopedic doctor, and he prescribed some exercises to strengthen my ankle. I did them, and it still swells and hurts on occasion.

I also have a personal trainer, and I asked him if it was normal to still be experiencing pain and weakness in the ankle, and he said that it was.

Here are some exercises you can do to strengthen your ankle:

Rotate it to the right (like in a circle with your toe) 20 times, and then to the left 20 times. This helps a lot!

I'll also enclose a link to some info that you should read; they explain why your ankle still hurts, and gives more exercises to do to keep your ankle strong.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy