Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I fainted last night, first time ever, could it be from stress?
I have been fighting with my mother-in-law since Thanksgiving and I have been planning a huge event, which took place last night, I was very happy it was over and when I got home, I was just relaxing,...

What is wrong with me?
My stomache has been hurting nonstop, every time I move (even just standing or laying down it kills), im extrmely hot, im wearing a t-shirt.. my legs are cold (im wearing shorts), i have a huge ...

If you cut yourself in a room that had no oxygen in it, would your blood come out blue and purple?
when your blood is exposed to the oxygen in the air it turns it red....

Burn on hand. Very painful!?
about an hour ago I took my milk out from the microwave and all the froth bubbled over whilst i was holding it and onto my thumb. the milk was boling hot and it took me a while to realise what had ...

What's the best wound cleaner that could be found in a pharmacy?
I'm writing a story in which the main character get's a deep cut from a sword. What would be the best thing to clean a wound like that?...

Help! I get bullied for wearing glasses..?
I work in the office and everyone thought I was great. I disagreed with them as I am awfully humble. Now many ladies fancy the ar*Se off me but I just sort of ignore them as I am shy and my mother ...

Have you ever fainted?? If so, reason??

I have a neck pain that doesnt go away,can anybody help?
I have a neck pain that doesn't away. I can honestly say that it has been there for months and doesnt get worst but doesn't get better either.it starts like an inch away from behind my ear ...

What can you do for a BURNT TONGUE?!?
I was warming some sweet & sour chicken up in the microwave, and I was starving, so I checked if it warm enough by sticking my tongue on a bit...Yeah, it was MORE than ready!
I know if you ...

My brother picked his nose and it started bleeding, what should he do?

How do you cut your wrist?
what part of your arm/wrist do u cut and what do u use and how long should it be?...

What would you do if your eye was very swollen and bruised help?

Additional Details
my husband has'nt hurt me the eye has just come up last night its very painful and swoolen and ...

How can you prevent a charliehorse?
I've recently started riding a bike to work and back home, but i have a very poor physical condition, i get tired very easily, and my muscles are always "exhausted". every now and then,...

How long will the NHS keep my dad in if he has had a general anesthetic?
My dad's going into hospital for an operation on his finger. I He has been told that he will be given a general anesthetic. I am just curious as to how long the he will be kept in hospital....

Do I Have a Concussion?
Two days ago I was hit in the head by a flag (the metal pole part). I felt dizzy, but I didn't pass out. I continued to have a bad headache for the rest of the day, and it continued yesterday ...

How Can I Get A Black Eye Without Really Hurting Myself?
How Can I Get A Black Eye Without causing Too Much Pain? Ive Asked Friends & Family, But They Wont Punch Me!! I Really Need Urgent Answers!! Thankyou So Much!!! ...

I'm sick, how to get better fast???
so i have a cold. and its all nice and sunny outside and i want to get well as soon as possible because im gonig on vacation in two days.i have a bad cold and every time i stand up or walk i get ...

How long before I have to admit it's up my bottom?
My wife has just asked me where her hairbrush is. The truth is that yesterday I was a bit bored and decided to put it in my bottom.
I now can't get it out and I'm in a rather large ...

Explain to my mom?
How do I explain to my mom that my ankle can indeed be broken?? She keeps saying, "No it's just bruised".. and won't take me to the Fremont Medical Center to get a X-Ray.. I can�...

This is a spider bite, right?
I got bit on my left arm by something unknown. THe bite is a fang mark with the marks approximately 3mm apart. I have had no sideeffects or anything harmful from this. The bite mark is clean cut, ...

uraloserdotcom
My toenail got ripped off! help!?
i bumped my toe into the stairs and my toe nail got ripped off. right now im cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide but how do you clean with it? i pour it into a tissue and try to wipe the toe. i want to stop using it and use my neosporin ointment. after i cleaned it i put a stertile bandaid over it. what else should i do or sholudnt do?
Additional Details
will pouring peroxide on it hurt?

Freeway Ricky Ross
Rating
Pour salt & lemon juice on it. It builds character.

block
two words

duct

tape

peruviangurly
Rating
you need an operation or go to your doctor.

lolalenox
Rating
Make sure that you clean it very well. Buy some Neosporin or Bacitracin. Once you apply it, the pain should go away within a day or so. Dont rip off the nail completely. If you feel it needs to be removed seek a physicians assistance.

twowords
If you've flushed it with H2O2 and used Neosporin and placed a bandaid on, you've done all you need to do. Be sure to change bandaid after each shower, and take the current bandaid OFF before getting into shower, to clean the wound.

kay_flood
hydrogen peroxide is ok, but it retards healing, good old soap and water is better and kinder to the tissues. Neosporin and a bandage on the first day is good, after that, just keep the toe clean and covered, a new nail will grow out in about two months, until it does, keep the toe nail bed covered with a fresh bandage daily to prevent infection. Neosporin is only essential on the first day, or if the wound starts looking infected later.

ppw1024
Rating
You don't need peroxide that kills the skin sells that are trying to heal. Just wash it with soap and water, then put neosporin on it and a bandaid...Wash it every day and replace the bandaid at least everyday until it heals...Also you may never grow a nail back there just to tell you.

danii
Rating
well first of all to make sure u havnt hurt it really badly if u ahve then see a doctor or ur gp
if u havnt u do wat u were doing at first

♪♫Jay is Sexy♪♫
Rating
dont trip it will grow back!

Mr. Vincent Van Jessup
Rating
Well don't shower or get it wet at bath for a few days, just like a surgical site. I'm serious. Make sure you keep it covered with antibiotic.

Phurface
Rating
The H202 (hydrogen peroxide)should be poured directly on the wound. This will help clean it out nicely. Then put the ointment on it. Dress it in sterile gauze. Change the dressing daily.

cfisher4234
Get a washcloth really soap and wet and wring it out over your toe. Then rinse it under the faucet. After it dries, put the neosporin on it. Leave it open to air dry as long as you can (like at home) and only cover it when you need to leave the house. (Good luck with shoes.) Keep an eye on it for irritation and infections - but soapy water should keep it clean enough.You may want to soak it in a tub of water with epson salts a couple times a week. It will take a LONG time to grow back - but the pain should subside in a few days.

qman
Rating
Soak it in some warm water with epsom salt and peroxide. I've had mine fall off a couple times from doing sports. In fact I have no big toe nails any more.

Steve
Rating
It will grow back. I ripped mine off completely with a hand-truck and about 500 lbs of stuff. It was back in a few months.

BOrAt
Rating
ouuchhhh thats gotta hurt like a !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy