Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Torn lip piercing?
I had my lip pierced about 4 days ago so it's still very new and healing. I have to sing at a show on friday. today, i was practicing.. and something happened that I was afraid of. I tore it. N...

Whats the worse thing you've ever done?

What does vinegar do to bones? How can it help break something?
I was reading a question that said something about how a girl broke her ankle when she soaked it in vinegar. What does it do? I don't want to break anything I'm just curious.
A...

My knee caps moves around and it doesn't hurt?
me and my friends go to an ice skating rink...but when i accidentally fell down i sit like a " M " shape in my legs then i heard popping sounds in my right knee..but i can walk after that.....

Should I play basket ball with a pulled hamstring?
Can still feel pain, pulled it last week, couldn't walk after.
Been stretching it out, got a little better. Worried may cause more damage. But in a league and really want to ...

Tips for crutches?
I broke my ankle yesterday and i am having trouble getting around my house, and up and down stairs because my room is upstairs. I also am having trouble getting in and out of the car and i am being ...

Who is the surgeon?
Okay heres a questin, A son fatheer get into a car accident, the father dies ismmediately but the son needs surgey the surgeon says i can't do this he's my son....

Why is this done to people?
When people are badly injured in a accident, why are they kept asleep at the hospital? I really want to ...

5yr old son broke his arm ar Mc Donalds playground. What to do? please, nobashing, just need info?
My 5 year old son broke his arm, just above the elbow while jumping off a "log" playset at McDonalds. We filed a report at the restaurant, and left. Insurance through my job is covering 80% ...

We were shooting off fire crackers and one flew up in the air and hit him in the eye, what should he do?
His eye has like a lil gray spot on it, he put in some visine and the spot isn't as noticeable but he says it burns still, what should he do?...

At what age is a first broken bone considered 'normal'? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? (I've never broken one.)

I have numbness in my hands what could it be?
hands go num get swollen, i not cuttin circulatio off but i wake up and cant bend fingers at all i have to force them to bend and or run them under warm water for about 5 minutes then soak them in ...

I've hurt my wrist, do I put a cold press or a hot press on it?
My wrist has hurt for about two years or so everytime I lean on it or carry anything heavy, but on Sunday I did a roly-poly (daft I know) and it did a little crunch and since then I can't really ...

Please help im in a lot of pain?
About 11 days ago I was in gym playing tennis. After I hit the ball I felt tons of pain in the bone right below my thumb on my right hand. It started to swell and change color a little. It is still ...

If an unconcious patient falls to the floor how do i know im not makeing damage to him if i get him up?

I think ive fractured/broken a rib in a fall, how long does it take to heal. it is very painful when i move?

Should you cover a burn?
I have a small, really new burn on my arm and i keep catching the skin, so i want to put a plaster on. But i'm told you shouldn't cover a burn. Could i put a plaster on?...

Pain in the 'Neck'?
Since yersterday morning I have had an awful pain down the left side of my neck, like an ache, and its really painful!!!

Maybe I have slept in a funny position, but I have done this before ...

Sprained ankleand still swollen 5 weeks later...?
I sprained my ankle over 5 weeks ago. I was running and turned on it. The pain was excruciating, but didn't last long, so I continued my run pretty much immediately. After my exercise I'd ...

Why do bones break?

veehazan
My toe nail is almost completely ripped off. Basically attached in the centre. What should I do?

WONDERWOMAN
Rating
My son got his hand slammed in a door and cut off the tip of his little finger, tearing his nail almost completely off. The doctor cut off the nail, stitched his finger back together and placed the nail back on the nail bed....without the nail to cover the nail bed, and hold in the moisture, the doctor said he would not grow another nail. As long as there is no infection, the nail will reattach itself. You may want to see a doctor, but if not, DO NOT remove the nail, just keep it from getting infected by keeping clean dressing on it with something like Neosporin.

You'll Never Outfox the Fox
Rating
THIS IS NOT MY ADVICE...

But it reminds me of a buddy of mine who had a chronic ingrown toenail; the first time he had it cut out was at the campus clinic at Mississippi State University. He had to pay like $40 to get it done, so he just watched them do it, and decided he would do it himself from that day forward.

Unfortunately, he did not have any access to the nifty numbing shot they used. So when the pain got unbearable he would get a fifth of whiskey or somesuch, and go home and start drinking until he got up the courage to cut it out with his pocket knife.

Of course, he would scream like a Banshee while doing it, but he said the second he got it out it felt much better.

But you should go to a doctor.

endust65
Rating
check in with the hospital maybe.

Jeff
Rating
chop the toe off.

SquirrelBait
Get yourself to a doctor and have it removed. Don't try to do it yourself. You want to wrap it in gauze and medical tape in the mean time. You wouldn't want to risk infection on it.

Rating
OUCH!! yeah go to a hospital. Your toe could get infected if you dont.

answer annie
see a doctor, ASAP.

tracystokes3
Rating
See a foot doctor he can help you take care of it

LDYDRGN
If you don't have access to a doctor or cannot afford the doctor or the emergency room: Leave the nail on the nail bed - do not attempt to remove it. Wrap your toe with clean, sterile gauze being sure to cover the tip of your toe as well. You may want to use some water to rinse the toe and nail bed two to three times daily. Change the gauze everytime you rinse and protect your toe from being bumped or jammed. This nail will eventually come off on it's own and a new one will grow in.

The best advice is to see a doctor about it. You aren't going to die from losing a toenail but it would be safer to at least get some antibiotics to be sure there is no infection. He/she may even be able to clip the nail off for you.

karen
Rating
put a bandaid over it so that it doesn't get bumped...when a new nail comes in it will fall off

miss angel
i'd trim around the connected part with sharp clippers that you boiled for a few minutes and allowed to fully cool. use a peroxide water solution to clean it when you are done and apply neosporin+pain relief and an adequate bandaid... good luck!

Nolan due 12/25
Rating
go to the doctor before it gets infected. good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy