Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Ive been bit by a black widow at work should i tell my boss?

MY EYE HURTS EVERYTIME i BLINK..DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING? LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED AND THERE was a bump on
my eyelid. and the doctor game me this eyedrop..do you know what's its called?...

Wast the worst injury u ever had??
I think for me it was the time my hand got stuck in the elevator. my fingertips got mangled and two fingernaisl were ripped off..ouch!!it was the worst one
Additional Details
I think i ...

I've got a lovely gash!?
Its on my knee, I fell off my bike this morning and gashed my knee. Would you recommend Savlon or Sudacrem
Additional Details
For the US viewers "gash' is also a term used for ...

Why do we need toes?

What is your idea for a cure of a broken heart???

Do you have any advise?
approx. three weeks ago i stepped off a step wrong and heard my ancle snap. went to the med center and the dr. x-rayed it and said i had an avulsion break. he even drew a diagram of the break. later ...

What do i do about my grandma, she had a horrible wreck?
shes in the hospital, her whole left leg is broken, her right ankle is broken, her second vertibrae is broken. shes in very bad shape. this wreck happened on sunday december 10, 2006....

Have you broke any bones in your body & was it painful? i broke my right wrist twice & it was not that painful
ive broke my ribs too, the pain was unbearable
both my big toes very painful
fractured skull, felt nothing!!
Additional Details
Crikey Rosie, them horses sound dangerous lol

My feet hurt?
during the summer i mainly wear flip flops and in the winter i wear uggs. I know that they are not the best types of footwear to support my feet. However, they are the most comfortable. Recently, my ...

Who do I believe or trust...Doctors or instinct?
7 weeks ago I fell down my cement steps outside, trying to bring my bike in out of the rain. fell down3 steps,&bike fell on top of my ribs. Was rushed to the hosp. ER and they said no broken ...

Should i go to the emergency room?
well, i am really sick.
my head is throbbing,
my throat is itchy and soar,
my nose is severely stuffed.
and my ear hurts really bad,
and i cant hear out of it.
i took ...

Hit My Head On Ice. HELP!?
Two days ago I was sledding. As I came down the hill and landed on the frozen pond, I fell and hit the back of my head on the ice. It hurt and I when I got up, I tasted blood. My vision and ...

If a doctor's office told you this, what would you think?
A month ago I injured my back, went to the work comp doc. and he said I had a middle and lower back strain and contusion. He gave me some meds and put me on a restriction. Eventhough he gave me a ...

Friend dropped a chair on me?
We were playing in the pool and he sat on a chair while i was holding it up but the end of it jammed into my hand lol
Additional Details
ya hes a cutie:) just thought id share a story ...

I have a cut on my foot and its red... any way to get rid of the redness fast?
the cut was just a little scrape.. its already closed up but its still really red.. i have physical therapy 2morrow- and i know its not a big deal- but i was wondering if theres any way to get rid ...

I just burnt my thumb.....please help!?
I've kept it under cold running water and I have kept ice cubes on it all day...but it still burns like hell and its strarting to swell up. What should I do?...

What is the best thing to use when u burn your hand with a frying pan?
I accidentaly picked up my frying pan while i wuz making pancakes and my skin got burned.. but its not bleeding but its along line and everytime i put water or sumthing on it it makes it worse and it ...

I hurt my thumb in a football game, and one doctor says its broken and the other says its not!?!?!?
what should i do? who should i believe?
Additional Details
i did get xrays!! and both doctors looked at the same xrays!!!
one was the emergency room dr, and the other was an ...

Will staring at the microwave really make me go blind?
You all know what your mom always told you

If you stare into the microwave, you'll go blind!

Truth, or just a mother's bull?...

little s
My mom dropped a heavy metal chair on her foot.help!!!!!!!!!!!Hurry...
My dad is on his way from work. What should i do to keep the situation from getting worse.. PLeese help[. I gave her ice and wrapped her foot in a cloth, what else should I do ??? Pleese help.
Additional Details
thanks to everyone who helped. Yeah i certainly calmed down and gave her an advil. It was unexpected so i mean, I kinda freaked out. I think its really sad how people still find room to make nasty comments when I was soo worried.!!!! IT MAKES ME SOOO MAD. but thanks again to everyone that helped. i really apprecitae it. : ) My dad is home and he is taking her to the hospital.

Anastasia
Rating
lick it
calm her down

SmileLaughGiggle
Rating
Ambulance! ASAP!

jordan m
Rating
nothing else to do but wait til ur dad get home to take her to the hospital i hope she gets better

lemo_07
You did the right thing. I know that it is very hard to deal with when it is your mom. You did great! Hope everything works out fine.

Topaz
Rating
Hospital.

cestlavie44
You've already done the right thing with an ice pack. You might want to keep her foot elevated to help the pain and to keep any internal bruising minimal. Feet are pretty tough so hopefully all she did was bruise it. If it swells immediately and the swelling stays for a long time she may have a broken bone. Give her some Tylenol and keep her calm. I'm sure she'll be fine.

Samurai X
Rating
Get pressure off the foot, consider how heavy the chair was, something might of been fractured, stop any bleeding if you haven't already or there isn't.... give some pain medication (Tylenol ect..) call a doctor if they go into shock... ok

I wipe my own @$$
Rating
have her put it up too, and if she is in alot of pain give her tylenol or advil or motrin, something like that.

owl
Rating
comfort her, tell her it'll be allright, and put ice and kinda rub it (if it doesn;t hurt too much)

Kate M
you did the right thing just when your dad gets there make sure she goes to the er and gets seen by a dr . good luck .

CAT
Rating
She needs an Xray, if pain continues. You are so sweet. You did great!

keezymama
Ice the foot
Elevate the foot
Keep her warm

rezster0900
Rating
Im sure shes not going to die from that so first of all you gotta calm down. the worst case is that her foots broken. just keep ice on it and keep it elevated.

live4eternity
give ibuprofen...to reduce swelling, elevate, and keep ice on it!!

hiyaihopeicanhelp
u need rice Rest Ice Compresion and Elevation

o and phone an ambulance to b on the safe side

YouGotMe
Rating
Sorry for the late response, but the last thing that you should do is give her Advil. Advil thins the blood like aspirin...not good if she happens to need emergency surgery. Elevation should have been the correct response.

***In any case where a break and/or internal bleeding may be an issue, NEVER give aspirin or Advil (Ibuprofen) until the situation has been evaluated by a physician***

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy