Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What would happen if a man chopped his privates off?
coz I seen this happen and I'm not sure if its real, he was left with a mangled mess and didn't seem to be in any pain, unless he was numbed!!! (I seen it on a video on the internet not in ...

I wake up today and found out that I lost one ball, Please Help!!!!?
Everything is still intact but I have only one ball now, what happened to me?...

How do i get down...?
...from the loft where i appear to be stuck due to a rather painful posisbly broken knee?
Additional Details
...from the loft where im stuck with a possibly broken knee?

and ...

I was in a car accident just over a wk ago- my ribs were bruised. Ok if they make popping noises?
They aren't as sore as they were before, but are more sore after a day of more exercise and moving around. Besides this, I have noticed in my chest, where my ribs were the most sore before, when ...

I know i shouldn't be asking something this serious here...?
about 2 years ago i hit my head and was in the hospital with a concusion. since that time my memory is TERRIBLE: my husband will tell me something... like he is going to the neighbors for a little ...

I know my podiatrist is worng but who do I see now? Plz answer? Easy 2 or 10 points!!!?
I hurt my ankle badly 3 weeks ago and on Monday I went to a podiatrist and he said it was probably just a sprain and said continue with the crutches. He also reccomended physical therapy. My mom made ...

Ear problem?
I have a "cracking" sound in my right ear that is really starting to bug me. No pain, just a cracking noise with a slight "swooshing" sound on occasion. Any suggestions on what ...

If a doctor told u that u only have a few months left to live what things would u do?

Ow.. I just walked into my desk.. It is at groin level.. Can someone tell me how to get the swelling..?
..in my p4n.ts to subside?...

What is a soft tissue injury?
how to heal it ...

Purple toe?
Today i banged my toe on my bed! Then just a bit ealier (5-6 hours after) i took off my shoes n socks n found out that my toe was purple! Every time i walk it feels like my skin is pulling on my toe ...

If you sprained your ankle What in your own words do for it?
I sprained it yesterday just wanting to get some info. I know most things but want to ask....

HELP!!! MY UNCLE GOT ELCTRICUTED!!! I DoNT KNOW WAT TO DO! HES UNCONSIOUS! and 911 THOUGH I WAS JOKING!?
My uncle was screwing in a light bulb except I didnt know so I flipped the switch and he shook for a few minutes and fell off the ladder on his head and then smoke came off of him...He just laying ...

I dicided not to jump off the building, did i make a good decision?

I had a head injury ...?
I got hit by a filled sippy cup my husband got mad at me and through it at my head as hard as he can and I got a lump about the size of a gulf ball but the next day it was the size of a softball, I ...

When someone hurts you what do you say?

Q to those who have lost limbs, arms, hands... Do you still have it? Do you keep it in a pickle jar or stuffed
People sometimes keep teeth that have fallen out. Or the occasional long finger nail. But would you keep a leg that had to be amputated in a car crash, or a thumb cut off by the school lathe?
A...

Is it okay if I take a bath after 10 minutes after I had an exercise?

How bad is a fracture on your head?
If a baby fell off a bed backwards and got a fracture on his head what can happen? This is a serious question so please answer seriously....

How painful is an injection/injection shot?
sorry for the scaredy cat question...i have gear in needles and stitches
Additional Details
do i need to undergo tests before taking the shot?...

slave2luv_xxx
My mom broke 2 ribs on friday and the doc says there is really nothing that they can do about it?
she's 58 and any idea how long this would take to heal and the pain to be gone

coco lopez
Rating
you can wrap it which seems to help a lot of patients. wrapping the area can relieve a little bit of the pain and also prevent you from taking large breaths. unfortunately, the ribs heal slowly because they are always moving when you breathe. a fracture normally takes 6 weeks to heal and a full break can take longer, but there isn't much you can do about it. you just have to let it heal like any other broken bone

Angel K
My mom had the same thing happen at age 58. If they gave her a brace to wear around them, make sure she wears it, this will help more than anything. She also needs to make sure to take deep breaths several times a day. Otherwise she could develop a lung infection. With my mom, after the initial soreness wore off she felt a little better everyday and was much better in a couple of weeks. It really didn't take long at all until she was well.
Hope this helps!

binaroxthebeach
Rating
deal with it

MISSY
Rating
don't worry. just be there for your mum when she needs it. listen to your doctor and if you are still worried, then take a second opinion

Help???
Yep he is right nothing you can do for it... maybe try some ice and Tylenol or Advil for the pain... also make sure she is breathing regularly... sometimes your lungs can be effected when you break a rib(s)... hope this helps

beezbmble
there isnt much they can do when you break your ribs...my boyfriend broke one a year ago and it still hurts

rhodesj2
yep nothing they can do but let it heal on its own. Broken ribs can take a long time to heal to where there is no pain.

usher_hot_mama
hey my name is chantell miller i dont know how long it will take to hill but i know who does his name is jesus all u got to do is get with your mom and pray to him well hit me back at this e-mail
usher_hot237@ncmentor.org bye tell me how it goes

scottythecomic
That is correct. I played semi pro football and broke some. Then last summer at the Ted Nugent concert I broke another. What I did was use an ace bandage, though not wrapped too tight. This provided the ribs from jostling around, but too tight cut off my breathing. You have to find what is comfy for you. By the way, it took me about 12 weeks to heal. And be careful not to become addicted to the pain pills. I tossed them after 2 days and toughed it out.

dog_hell_red
Rating
Its true they cant repair the ribs. But with time it will heal. When bones are broken, you have to keep it straight so it can heal and not keep bending it or cause any strain to it.For example I know someone who broke their back. They are told to keep their backs straight which is hard so they wear this thing that keeps it from bending and as time goes it heals.

darkling1k
Rating
get an ace wrap and wrap her ribs thats about it.. well .. painkillers too 6 weeks if they heal right..

goatboy
The only thing you can do is rest and painkillers. It should heal in about 3-4 weeks, but it might hurt for a little while after that. Try to get her to avoid exertion for as long as possible to assist the healing process.
Hope she is better soon

Ponokahontas
Rating
unfortunatly they are right- the pain will last a while but they should be healed to the point of function within a couple weeks depending on how quickly your mom heals- they didn't give anything for the pain?

creativereading
I have had four broken ribs. There truly isn't much they can do about it. I also had a punctured lung. I hope your mom is doing okay. For all four of my ribs to completely heal, it took about 6 months. I still (5 years later) have some tenderness in that area. Since your mom is 58, I would give even a little more time for healing. I was 23 when I broke my ribs.

When I say completely healed, I mean no pain. I refuse to put drugs, especially narcotics, into my body which may have caused the pain to last a bit longer. I was up and about in a few weeks. I still had some problems breathing (probably due to the punctured lung)and did not have full mobility back and still pretty painful though.

morrowynd
Depending on which ribs are broken they may wrap her chest but that's it. Tell her to just take it easy for a couple of weeks. Ribs tend to heal without help.

a kinder, gentler me
Rating
You can't really put a cast on a rib, can you?

Milton a.k.a. the building pyro
Rating
I'm no expert, but I would recommend minimizing her torso movement as much as possible. Icing the area could help as well, but do it carefully. No more than 10 minutes at a time, or else you can actually do more hurt than good with ice.

I don't know what the doc recommended for pain reduction, but most of the time it's either heat or cold. With a back strain or spasm or the like (muscle problem), it's usually heat applied. With a break or sprain or the like, it's usually ice. I'd double-check with the doc before you do anything. Minimizing movement is important, though. Any movement of a broken bone is painful...ribs will likely be more so.

I hope you can find something to help her. :-) Broken ribs are a difficult injury to deal with.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy