Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Will a chipped/broken knuckle grow back?
about 6 months ago i flipped out and punched a hole in my door. i know it was immature and i can now control my anger so i dont want a bunch of replys on anger crap. anyway a large chunk of my middle ...

I had a personal injury with some froze food from walmart. I need some opinions everyone!?
OK. In June 2007 I was 8 months pregnant and fixed lunch for my little girl and I. It was Dwight Yokums chicken fries. They are supposed to be boneless. I bit into it and a bone was in it. It went ...

Did I sprain or Break my Ankle?
Oct. 27th I rolled my ankle on a swimming noodle in my garage. At first it did not hurt, but it did take me a moment to get up becasue I could not feel my foot. I did put ice on it and continued to ...

Do you think my eye is OK????
i was riding a snowmobile and i stoped and hit my eye on the kill swich.i could not think right!
Additional Details
i will send you the pic just e-mail ...

MY FRIEND ACCIDENTLY ATE GLASs!!?
She sent me THIS e-mail from China---

I was eating this chinese candy and i figured out that there was a piece of glass in it and now i have three holes on my tongue full of blood. It ...

HELP, I bumped my head and now I look like Quasimoto!?
Is there anything I can do to reduced the swelling, bruising, biggness, and uglyness? Or speed up the process....

I think I've just broken my wrist so please be quick!!?
Seriously I was just feedign my rats and I flipped my wris really quickly for some reason now unbeknown to me, and now it absolutely cains and I cannot move it properly at all. I am not calling 999, ...

Ouch.im extremly sorE( or however you spell it) from working out..it hurts so bad!?
last night i worked out ALOT. and i havent worked out lke that in a while.and now IM EEEEEEEEEEXTREEEMLYYYY SORE..MY STOMACH..I CANT TALK WALK OR BREATHE.THATS HOW MMUCH IT HURTS.
my side hurts ...

Have you ever broken a bone?Which one? Story?
i haven'...

How do i know when im bleeding internally??
so me and my frioned were playing around fihging and stuff and she like kinda pulled my arm (the skin) and then now it hurts real bad....

My 12 year old foster child has Osgood Schlatter. She had a field trip yesterday, and they walked a LOT!!! =(
i posted this in another section too, but there were only 2 answers so.... i'll try this one!
they walked at least 2 miles. about 1/4 of a mile was going up and down stairs. today her knee ...

Do black people have a special leg muscle?

Inject advil?
what would happen if u injected advil into your skin?
with a needle from the liguid gel tablets.
thanks
Additional Details
yeah
um thanks for answering u guys are cool ...

Should i claim compensation from a car accident?
accident was not my fault car behind did not stop and ploughed into my 6 month old car 80((.
car will be fixed but i have a neck and back injury and pins and needles in my arms. hospital has ...

Has anybody out there lost there smell and taste due to head injury?i would like to hear from you if you have.
I lost my smell and taste just over 5 years ago due to a head injury, i had a fractured skull. I would like to hear from people who have been through the same....

I was in a car accident on Thursday and I hit my nose on the steering wheel. Blood came gushing out instantly.
I didnt go to the doctor bc I do not have medical insurance. Since the accident I have gotten black eyes and the swelling in my nose has remained. I know that I need to go to the doctor to get a ...

I think i have broken my ankle but i am not sure is there anything i can do myself to find out????

Do I have an eye infection? Please HELP!?
the corner of one of my eyes is red and it hurts when i blink or touch my eye. it feels like i got punched in the eye but nothing happend. do you know what this is called? what should I do?...

Was hurt at work and want to sue?
I was recently hurt at work, I dislocated my sholder, the company Dr. says my sholder will never be the same it has a1/4 inch gap in it. my question is may I sue for this and keep my job?Does this ...

Can they do anything for....?
Dose anyone know if they do anything for broken toes? Or how you know it is broken without going to the ER....

jake
My knuckle is badly swollen, how can I fix it?
So about 5 months ago I was testing for a belt in Tae Kwon Do, and while breaking a board I hurt my knuckle and it swelled up and got a little bit bigger. So today I got mad and punched the floor, and now my knuckle is rediculosly huge. I've put ice on it and I took 2 ibuprofen already (and plan on takng 2 every 4 hours for the rest of the day, then1 every 4 hours for the rest of the week. Is there anything else I can do to make it normal sized again?
Additional Details
Also I'd like to add that after breaking it the first time 5 months ago, I didn't treat it at all.

lil' boy blue
stop punching things for awhile

Ezingo
use some ice and go t the doctor and he'll tell you what to do

Rajan S
Rating
punch with your other hand too so it's swollen to match the injured hand. Then you have two normal hands!
Alternatively see a doctor! You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise you need to see a doctor!

yuka m
You need an x-ray you may be dealing with a broken finger dont wait for an infection to crop up.

iluvredsox1
well i would say go to the doctor...
but if you dont want to all you can do is ice it, if u have a heating pad try putting that on it for like 15 minutes ever 3 hours.

john b
Ice it...

dan.harris9
Rating
try going to the doctors, could be broken

Sexy Red
Rating
Well really you need to see your gp or go to your nearest A/E dept where tey will fully examine your hand and knuckle and also send you or a x-ray.You could off either just bruised the knuckle and all the tissues surrounding the area,by doing this does make the area swell,or you have a slight fracture there,this will only show p on the x-ray thou,or you have dislocated your knuckle,the pain is simular to a fracture and can swell alot too.Now for the pain take regular pain releif yes ibuprofen are fine as they have anti-inflammatry in them,keep the hand and arm elevated above the chest this will help with the swelling and the pain,rest the hand as much as possible especially the finger attached to the knuckle,and apply a cold compress through out the day,if the swelling and the pain has not improved in a couple off days go see your gp or the local hospital as you may off down something more then badly bruised the area.Good Luck Oh and i know what im talking about i work with bones etc all day every day.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, January 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy