Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

My mouth has been scalded by some hot soup in a hotel. What would you do?
I had a bowl of soup in a hotel today and the soup was so hot that it has burned the roof of my mouth. The staff, in the hotel, were not at all interested. The manager filled in an accident form ...

How Can I get rid of a Black eye by tomorrow?
My dog hit me and I got a black eye ! [He's a boxer ] I really need to get rid of it by tomorrow because I'm going to a family reunion and they are going to make fun of me! Please help I ...

What are signs of a broken rib?

If your partner ended up paralysed from the neck down and was kept alive by machines?
if they asked you to turn the machine off could you do it?...

Could I have a little sympathy please?
I've just fallen over in the garden and my knees hurt - owwww! No one here to sympathise, so I call on you out there in yahoo land. Ow again! (I hasten to add, I don't need first aid, just ...

My husband stepped on a rusted nail today, what Antibiotics are good for infection?
My husband fell off a ladder and landed on a rusted nail. The nail went through his shoe, in the ball of his foot and went in pretty deep, he thinks it hit the bone in his big toe or maybe a tendon. H...

Where is the oddist place u have been biten?
i have been biten on my chest it hurts i have put cream on it but it ...

I think my 2 month old pitbull leg is fractured, What do I do?

What should you do if you had an ingrown toenail?
i have had an ingrown toenail for about a week and it didnt start hurting until this morning when i woke up. what should i do 2 get rid of it or itleast make it stop hurting bcuz i have softball ...

Does pee cure a black eye?

How can I make bruising disapear quicker - I have a black eye!!! :-(?

Additional Details
I had a little clubbing incident for all of you that want to know!!! Thanks for the help by the way!!!...

What is your belly button?
I know your belly button is where the umbilical cord broke off, but what is the point of it? Can it be surgically removed without harm? Why are people so squeemish about them? Just for fun!...

Swollen newly peirced ears?
i had my ears peirced 3 weeks ago, 2 on my ear lobes and one at the top. a few days after getting them done the left bottom one swelled up. went down, with some extra cleaning and was no problem. ...

I have had water in my ear for 2 days?
will it come out by itself or will i need to go to doctor

can it do any lasting damage if i don't go to the ...

Help my dad might die?
my dad was riding his bike and sopemone backed out and hit him and he has to go to the emer room my mom just called to say i have to give the dog food and stuff and please tell me somethign i can do ...

I have cutting scars on my arm, and they are too noticable...?
I've stopped cutting and now regret that I ever did so much.
I really want the scars to fade but they wont I have about 6 of the most noticable scars on ym arm. Thats wht ppl see instead of ...

My Hand hurts, should I go to the ER?
I have a really sore, swollen and kind of bruised hand. Parts are black and blue.

It hurts to move so badly that i have resorted to just sitting and crying. It functions properly, so my ...

He's killing himself HELP!!!?
my best friend has a bloodclot on the bottom of his back. It hurts him so bad that all he does is sleep. Now is exspelled from school. I told him all he's doing is making it stronger by staying ...

Does it hurt worse to be stung by a jellyfish or a wasp?

Additional Details
I'm not talking irakundji (the deadly jellyfish), but I mean the sting in general, size of the sting being proportionate....

I this is weried but in surgery do the let you wear underwear?

alonzo_spellman
My gf says that only whimps go to the hospital, but I think I've broken my finger. What should I do?
She used a lot stronger word than "whimp".
Additional Details
It's starting to change color a bit.

tomiyo
over a finger... dude, strap a popsicle stick to that mug

soxgirl0780
Rating
what a wussy!!! do more finger exercises so they don't break as easy

Angel
Rating
tape it to your other finger and take some ibuprofen

leeanndemon
You should definitly see a doctor.

CHERYL
Rating
DUH! GO TO THE DOCTOR. WHO CARES IF YOU LOOK LIKE A WIMP. YOUR GF IS RETARTED FOR SAYING THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Still_21_nheart
Can you move the finger? If not will it slightly bend? You may just have a severe sprain in which is treated as if it were broken. The doctors usually tape the finger down with another or by itself so you will not move it until it heals.

choo
there is probably not a lot they can do but they can help mke sure it doesn't fix crooked
i'm not in favor of going to the hospital for every ache and pain but i dont think its sissy to consult the doc for a broken bone, finger or not

te'
Rating
go to a pharmacy take some tylenol and get a finger brace thing and keep it on your finger.

rick
If you haven't found an answer to your question then you deserve to have a crooked finger and a whimp calling girlfriend.

nursesr4evr
Rating
You can bypass the hospital by going to a doc in a box. (Doctor's Care) or something similar. Getting treatment is not being a wimp, take care of yourself.

drokk
Not much they can do for it anyway.I would call a docs office and see what they think.Or go to the hospital and don't tell her!

ninapanama
Rating
Why do you care what your GF says?

Lola
Your gf may be afraid of doctors and hospitals. Go to the doctor or hospital and get it xray to make sure it isn't broken. You are not a wimp, you are right. Any injury needs to be examined by a medical professional.

Twitch
First, dump your idiot girlfriend and find someone much, much smarter.
Second, go to the emergency room. An untreated broken bone can lead to serious complications--infection, loss of full use of the finger, etc.
The more serious issue here is why your girlfriend would think that. That has got to be in the top 10 of most retarded things to think. Lose the 'tard.

Ellen N
do what Angel said and also ice it; I've broken 3 or 4 fingers and went to the dr for one because it was swollen and bruised for over a week

♥ღღElke ღღ♥
Rating
Are you going to let someone tell you what to do and what not too? This is YOUR health not hers.... Go get that looked at..... You need to dump her she isn't a very compassionate Lady

Slutlana
Rating
Go to the hospital and get it checked out... and give your number to at least three cute nurses while you're there. I would never call my man a whimp or Pu$$Y or anything other than that for going to the hospital for an injury! I'd be more likely to call him a retard for NOT going!

Ladeebug71
Sweetie don't listen to her, go to the Dr. or hospital. My bother broke his finger and did not seek help now is is permanently crooked and he has a lot of problems with it...

pupunhao
Your girlfriend is being silly. Go to the hospital and have it check out. She is not the one walking around with a possible broken finger.

mpc32
Rating
go to the hospital

Me
haha, she's an idiot. Go to the hospital before it heals crooked and your finger looks deformed for the rest of your life. Otherwise if you hold out you guys will likely break up in like a month anyway. Then everytime you look at your crooked finger for the rest of your life it is going to remind you of her.

tysonrf2000
Rating
Is your finger swollen? Can't bend the joint, or if you can, is it very painful? Does your finger now look crooked?

If you can answer "Yes" to any of these questions, tell your girlfriend and some of the prior posters to piss off, then go see a doctor. Answering yes to the prior questions indicates that there is a fracture or possible displacement of the bones.

nanuk_911
Rating
dump the girlfriend and go to the doctors.

velvet.kevorkian
Wimps don't stand up to their girlfriends, either.

Go to the hospital.

Common Sense
Rating
Go to the hospital..
Find another girlfriend...

Lady Macbeth
Rating
just go to a clinic, its not neccesary to go to the emergency room

polarbaby
Rating
I think you should get a girlfriend that cares wether you are in pain or not!!!!!

daydreamer
Rating
I think you should go to the hospital (or at least the doctor's office)and tell your insensitive girlfriend to go break her finger and see how it feels.

heartagram_freak_unleashed
Rating
i would go anyway. then i would tell her it's over because she doesn't care about your well being

blahblahblahblahblah
break her finger and tell her she is "wimp" if she goes to the hospital, seriously i would get it checked out, she obviously doesn't care about you

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy