Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Quick I forgot how to breathe?
any help?...

Lumps on my finger joints?
About 4 months ago I got a lump on my upper finger joint. It went away about 4 weeks later. It returned after around a month, then went away again. Now I have it on my next finger along. When I say ...

My daughter has been told she has cardio malaysia patella, what is this?
All I know is that its something to do with the bones protection coming away from the bone....

Have you ever fainted?
Have you ever fainted, and if so, what was the cause & where were you? Yesterday in church my friend fainted and then I almost fainted. I was gagging and sweating and everything got blurry....

What are some foods for helping bones heal ?
The bone in my right arm connecting my shoulder to my tricep has been hurt for about a week since I helped move some heavy furniture. I don't wanna keep taking pain pills. Besides protein and ...

Nose Bleed, wont stop?? plz read on?
Ok I slept up my sisters and woke up early in the morning needing the toilet on the way to the toilet my nose bled, not for long and not a lot, next day I was fishing with my boyfriend.

I ...

Isn't it weird how people can carry heavy things & never hurt their back but then they hurt their back ->
By picking up something simple or light? Happened to me this morning. I helped a woman carry har baby carriage at the Train Station & somehow hurt my upper back in the process. And the carriage ...

What makes a bruised groined worse and better?

How long does a pulled back muscle take to heal?
i was rough-housing in the pool on friday and afterwards my back hurt, and im almost positive it is a pulled muscle... how long does it take 2 heal?...

I shut the door on my left ankle yesterday what should i do?
My left ankle hurts when i move it. i keep on twisting my left ankle everyday. After shutting my left ankle in the door. PLEASE HELP ME.

Additional Details
i was holding ice cream in ...

My sister hurt her ankle...I wannt her to quit gymnastics..?
I really really really want my sister to quit gymnastics.
I came home from cross country and she was walking to the kitchen with krutches. She siad that it really started hurting (its been ...

How to stop lower back pain?

Should I Be Worried?
About 2 minutes ago, a hit my elbow on my desk, and now my hand on that arm in numb....

How do I tell if I broke a ligament in my shoulder?
I was stunting in cheerleading practice and a girl fell into my arms and pulled me down. My coach freaked out....

My foot just got ran over by a car (honda accord)?
Will it swell over night, if so what can i do to prevent it from swelling.
Additional Details
Its not broken it just kind of ...

Lump on my coccyx (tail bone) help!!!!!?
nearly 2 weeks ago i fell down spiral stairs and took a blow to my lower back, just above my bum! i have noticed a lump now the swelling has gone down. it was badly bruised and is still very painfull ...

My nose keeps bleeding help?
for some reason my nose keeps bleeding i tried to stop it but i keeps bleeding it just came out of nowhere the last few days i had a cold and a runny nose so i dont know if it was that any tips? ...

Ankle Broken In 2 Places?
In plaster for for the last 5 days, have no pain while lying in bed but when hopping to the toilet on the crutches the pain is just unbearable and makes me cry.
Is this the bones repairing or ...

Answer now! please?
How do u fix an ingrown toenail with out going to the docter?...

How to get rid of brusies and scratches from fight quick!!!!?
i have a knot on my head and i have been putting ice on it but i have 3 little scratches under my eye and a small black mark forming can u tell me what to do to get rid of them ...

silent observer
My ankle is swollen from when i fell on it years ago?
besides going to the doctor or hospital, what can i do to bring the swelling down?
Additional Details
its been swollen for years on and off but if i stand on it for a verry long time, it gets really swollen

Redawg J
Take an anti inflammatory like Advil...and use cold compresses. It's probably arthritis.

flavorlicious
Ankle sprain
Damage to the ankle ligaments.

More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Ankle sprain is available below.

Although sprains can occur in both the upper and lower parts of the body, the most common site is the ankle. Ankle sprains are the most common injury in the United States and often occur during sports or recreational activities. Approximately 1 million ankle injuries occur each year, and 85 percent of them are sprains. (Source: excerpt from Questions and Answers Sprains and Strains: NIAMS)
... whenever ankle pain occurs simply put ice on it for 5 - 10 minutes

sw312
soak it in Epsom salt

just curious
Rating
there is something more going on than just a sprain or it would have healed several years ago...you really need to see a doc and make sure you didn't fracture it

Zebra4
Rating
Alternate between hot and cold packs, 20 minutes at a time. That'll bring it down the fastest.

leb&proud
ill give u lots of things n u choose 1 . get a some cabbages put them in hot water for 1o min then take it out let it cold lil bit just so u can put it on ur ankle lave it as much as u can it n after that ur ankle should go back to normal ,2. u can also put ur feet in warm after get a soap a rub it over the swollen place do that n when u finish n while ur ankle still warm cover it n that will help too

Lady in Red
I injured both of my ankles (separate instances, I'm clumsy) a number of years ago. Mine also still look like a little swollen. I've asked a couple of doctors about it a little while after the injuries happened. They said not to worry. It probably wasn't actually swelling, but scar tissue build-up. Unless it's painful, or you've reinjured it, I wouldn't worry too much.

Catherine
Rating
when it gets cold, the air pressure goes down, making your once broken ankle feel sore and swollen

Cinderella
Rating
ice never heat.

You don't want to have a blood clot and you can get that from Heat. Always ICE!!! I'm an athlete and my trainer's/dr's always said ICE!!!

I'll pray for you, hope you feel better.

FaZizzle
Rating
Did the swelling just pop back up or has it been swollen for years?

You can put ice on it and take some Advil, but honestly the think you NEED to do is see the doctor. There's no real way around it.

dfredholm
Rating
The best way to treat ankle (and most joint) injuries is the use of the R.I.C.E. method, which will limit and reduce inflammation:

Rest: Try and limit the amount of stress and physical strain you put on your ankle. Depending on how severe the pain and inflammation is, you may want to try and use crutches for a few days or, if the swelling and pain is less severe, just limit the amount of walking and running you do for a week or two. This is one of the more important steps, since using the injured joint too soon will prevent healing and only exacerbate the problem.

Ice: Icing the ankle will significantly help to limit inflammation buy constricting blood vessels in the area and slowing the body's response to injury.

Compression: Use an ace bandage or something similar to wrap the ankle and compress the area. This will help to keep fluid from pooling in one spot. You should wrap the joint tightly, but not so tight that it blocks blood circulation.

Elevation: Keep your ankle elevated, on a chair, table, or anything that will prop it up while you are sitting and/or laying down. The rule of thumb is to keep the site of injury above the level of your heart. This will aid in venous blood return and also limit swelling.

Another good idea would be to take 2 or 3 Ibuprofen (dont go over 600mg every 6 hours to be safe). This will not only help to stop pain, but will act on inflammatory mediators and reduce swelling.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy