Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What to do?
I have hurt my right foot on soccer playing last week...Its wrist has been sprained... I can't move it easy... Also i feel the pain in all my step on wolking... What am i supposed to do now?...

Numb toes after being hit by a pitch?
i was playing catcher on my baseball team and took a pitch off the foot and now 2 of my toes are numb for about the last 24 hours how long will this last and what can i do to help it?...

Will I be okay?
Yesterday my best friend accidently hit me very hard on my chest with a basketball. I was talking to my other friend and my other friend who was playign basketball accidently thew the ball at my ...

Does some body know an easy and not expensive home remedy of constipation?
My brother is suffering from constipation for a long time and nothing(alopathic,homeopathic and herbal medicines)have worked so far.Please help him by giving some tips or any thing that u could tell ...

Am i too young to get a nose job?
when i was 8 i slammed into a glass sliding door(i know funny) but whats not funny is that it gave me a bump on my nose, it makes me so self concious, its the only thing i dont like on my body

Why can't you take asprin, when you have a broken leg???
My wife's leg is broken in 4 places, just above the ankle and her doctor says that she can not take asprin/advil for pain that she is having for her broken rib. She fell from a laddar, and ...

Ireally think I have broken my?
I really think I have broken my big toe, its all bruised and can hear a popping sound which is very painful. Had to many beer last night and only just noticed it while cleaning my car. Would it heal ...

I sprained my ankle on monday and still hurts a week later, what should I do, don't think I sprained it.?

I have some of the fuzzy part of a q-tip stuck in my ear. What do I do to get it out?
I'm preferably looking for a solution that I can do myself, without a doctor. However, all solutions are welcome!...

Slammed thumb in car door!?
About a month ago i slammed my finger in the car door BOY did it hurt! anyways i ended up going to the emergency and they
released the blood from under the nail, the doctor also told me my nail ...

So lightheaded and i dont know if i should go to the emergency?
So i know i keep asking over and over it's now 3:33 am and i cant sleep all my doctors told me i have anxiety and i had a ruff night tonight(STRESS) So i was trying to lay down i got more ...

I was shot accidentally with a BB gun . . . what do I do?
ok so it hurt right a way and then the next morning it was still red my vision is foggy but i can still see. my parents would flip if they found out wht happened so going to the doctor isnt a option ...

Would you allow someone to knock you out with a punch if that person paid you $500 for it?

Is there anyway i can tell weather or not my foot is broken/fractured/sprained...
Yesterday after jumping 6 feet i landed on my foot wrong and hard and heard it crack. It immediately hurt but not to bad. After 5 minutes it got hard to walk so my mom came and picked me up and ...

When i pierced my nose!?
i accidentally did it at an angle but that didn't really matter did it?

anyway whne i pulled out the needle blood went everywhere all over my hands into my mouth all over ...

I have a simple fracture on my pinky toe?
anyways, my doctor made me an appointment with an orthopedist.

what is my orthopedist gonna do? am i gonna have to wear a boot or anything?...

How can i inentionally fracture my foot without revealing that i did so?
pleaz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

My finger is numb...!?
I'm on crutches and it seems the pressure is causing me to get numb fingers.... what can i do to stop this? Will they get better on their own????????????????...

I had an ear infection about 2 weeks ago, went away, now it's back and my jaw really hurts too?
i just went to my doctor yesterday; she said that i had an outer ear infection/swimmers ear. my ear really hurts when it's touched. it is really clogged now and i can barely hear out of it. ...

Ever stubbed your toe on something while going to the bathroom in the middle of the night?

cutie s
My ankle hurts from jogging?
my right ankle hurts since a couple of weeks due to running/jogging--I think because my sport shoes were getting a little old. I bought a new pair, but haven't used them yet, because my ankle still hurts. I have had this some years ago too and went to a kinesist to massage the painful area. Should I see one again or is it ok to let it heal on it's own?
Additional Details
I wonder why my right ankle is more prone to being injured lik ethat. Once it happened, it's like you willa lways have to be careful with it, what is inside there that causes the pain anyway?

I'm surprised that most of you think it's ok to keep running, couldn't that agravate it?

Anonymous
they dont jog anymore. walk.

Ginger
Rating
I would first go see your Doctor to be on the safe side. But it sounds like you have weak ankles you could try High top running shoes Or put on light weight, Weights on your ankles to build up strength in them..Good Luck

Alan
Rating
Make sure you have some proper Running Trainers for jogging. You can cause all sorts of damage if you don't

Also try to stick to grass if you have fields around your area, its low impact on the ankles than a road.

If the problem still occurs, take a trip to the doctors.

Don't strain your self when you jog. Good Luck!

One other thing, Don't take too much time of to let it heal, or otherwise you may find your fitness level dropping.

Meister
Rating
Let it heal, massage it yourself.

peter w
did you try some inserts

Darby
You are on the right track buying a new pair of shoes. You can try soaking it in hot and cold water, ending in cold water, about 5 minutes in each. What has really helped me a lot is Icy/Hot and Ben Gay. Icy/Hot comes in a clear/odorless application. You can use it 4 times a day. My doc also told me that I should wear shoes with a little heal all the time, even in the house, to take the stretch off the Achilles tendon.

Life is Beautiful.
Rating
You're probably running on it funny. If it's not too painful I'd let it heal on it's own, but if it is... I'd go to a doctor.

slick o
well I have run 8 marathons and have had quiet a few injuries if you keep up with your mileage you should never put more than 400 to 500 miles on your shoes I would start using the new ones and start icing your ankle for 20 minutes after each run

mahboob k
Rating
girlz ar strong just fight it
keep runnin
the pain will soon wear off
trust
if u put pain on ir u should gt used to it
or go back to that palace maybe show a doctr#or
ok

Ginsi Bonsai
Rating
I would rest your ankle by doing low impact exercises like cycling. You can still ice the area to decrease swelling and inflammation. Anti-inflammatory over the counter medications can also decrease the inflammation. Try ibuprofen (if you do not have an allergy to NSAID-Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug). You can take that every four hours and it will build in your system so you can walk throughout the day. You should also apply a bandage for compression around the ankle for increased splint-like support. They can be purchased at a drug store, just for ankles and some for knees.

I would see a Doctor as soon as you can so that an X-ray or scan can be performed to ensure you don't have a stress fracture or a sprain.

Rock Brigade
Rating
You should talk to your doctor about it.

oberhasligirl
Rating
try getting a brace for your ankle. thats what i did when I had a weak ankle and it worked quiet well

gymnasttory13
You probably just sprained something or pulled something in your ankle... but you should use the RICE method to let it heal... R= rest I= ice C= compression and E= elevation. Take a few days off from running/jogging and rest it. Ice it for 20 minutes every few hours and elevate it while icing. To compress it you can use an ace wrap or an ankle brace... once you get back into running/jogging you might want to keep the ace wrap or ankle brace on. Take pain meds. like Ibuprofen (Motrin) for pain and swelling. If it still hurts in a couple of days call your doctor to get it checked out. I hope this helps and I hope your ankle feels better.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy