Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

If you fall asleep in the bath will you wake up before you drown?

Should i have my finger amputated?
I was in a motorbike crash in january and was very badly injured. I broke 19 bones. I have made a good recovery but still have problems with my right hand. the most notice able is that my little ...

Underneath my left eye you can see it beating!! help!!?
and when i touch it , i can feel a pulse and its scaring me!! it looks like a twitch, but its not, its like a beating vein! and its noticable!! please help!! im so freaked out!!
Additional D...

Is it bad if i get hit in the head everyday?
Well I'm 14 years old and i get hit in the head pretty much everyday. I get hit in the head because my sister hits me every day. And HARD too. She is 16 years old and hits really hard.My mom ...

What is the worst injury you have ever had and how did it happen??
and don't say a broken heart!...

I woke up with a scratch on my arm?
I have no idea why. I have this big gash on my arm and i can't figure out what it's from. I didn't have a dream last night either... and I don't think I scratched myself. Does ...

Is you second toe longer than your first toe?

What is it called? Please help!?
When you brake a leg or legs, and doctor gives you those two things, that you have to walk with, what is it called?
Thanks!...

Do you think you would die if?
you recieved all the injuries you ever sustained at once?...

I hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen?
i hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen. I am not sure if I can still use some ice bacause this happened over 24 hrs ago. any ideas?...

Can you die from any internal bleeding? this is important..?
My boyfriend went to the doctor the other day because they said that they found protien in his urine and he may have internal bleeding. He went back today and it was positive that he does have ...

What is the worst injury that you have ever suffered and how did you do it??????????????

I got bit by a dog. What are some of the symptoms I might have if the dog has rabies.?

What happens when you swallow a quarter?

Additional Details
For those of you wondering ,it was'nt me, it was my boyfriend,his friend thought it would be funny to put it perfectly on top of his beer bottle,and he ...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH Me!!??
I was in class and we were working on a class play when i was pushed and i hit my head HARD on the cement floor. I went home after that and i feel: REALLY tired, its hard to walk straight and, i am ...

Finger help!?
This Friday, I had got my right middle and ring fingers caught in the part of the garage door that bends, I got it treated immeadeatly, but I still have little little purple-ish pink marks on my ...

My bruise doesn't hurt!!!?
I have a bruise on the very bottom of my thumb and it doesn't hurt at all! I touch it and even rub it but it doesn't hurt. And yes it's a bruise because it's purple....

Whats wrong with me??sick?
jan 2nd my throat started acting up, it only hurt on my left side to swallow. i managed the pain and would spray cepacol and take ibuprofen then i would feel better.got but on jan 4th it got worse. ...

I have a small burn on my leg from a motorbike exhaust pipe which has now blistered.should i pop the blister ?

Red Srcatches on my husband's back. He said he got those from working out or he cheated on me? Please help!
Hi,

This happened last night that I happened to see scratches on my husband's back (I did take 3 pictures of the scratches). The moment I saw those red scratches on his back, I was ...

Kirstin xO
Ive gone mad!!please answers this!!!?
I hate myself and I cut down my arms all the time whenever i eat and then i throw it up please help because im 13 5ft 3 and weigh eight and a half stone I know that is fat please help
Additional Details
That is me in the pic i know its ugly but please dont leave abuse cause i get enough of that on my bebo thanks

Reggie girl
.Being 5ft 3 and weighing 81/2 stone does not sound fat to me .Do you know why you are abusing your body , is someone else abusing you ,are you being bullied at school what is worrying you You are a beautiful young girl whos life is just beginning dont throw it away.
YOU NEED TO GET HELP GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR .Get your self an appointment or contact
Eating Disorders Association (EDA)
103 Prince of Wales Road, Norwich NR1 1DW
adult helpline: 0845 634 1414, youthline: 0845 634 7650
email: info@edauk.com, web: www.edauk.com
Support and understanding around eating disorders

Kristie is my name
I am the mother of a teenage daughter that did this. She hid it from me & her dad and was having a terrible time hurting & cutting herself. She was depressed and hearing voices, too. Her friend saw the cuts on her legs and made my daughter go to the school counselor, who then called us. I was heartbroken that she felt she couldn't talk to me and that she felt so badly that she had to hurt herself. Believe me when I say this, sweetie, your parents will ALWAYS love you no matter what you do, say, think, etc. You need to let them know that you need some help before this goes any further. There is help and hope for you waiting there. All you have to do is take that first step -- I know it's huge, but please talk to your parents. If you just can't, talk to another adult that you trust.

My daughter was diagnosed as bipolar. She takes one little pill each day and feels 1000% better. She hasn't cut in at least a year and is so much happier and not depressed at all any more. So, there is hope for you! Please talk to someone who can help you!

yummymummy the 1 & only
i think from all these answers its obvious you could have a lot of people to talk to at thirteen things seem hard dont let it get to you talk to some of these girls on here get some help

Rating
You need support and counciling be strong and fort right

rickymeo
Rating
Pull yourself together and open your eyes to the REAL problems in the world.Harming yourself is merely seeking attention. You don't need therapy, you can do this yourself. To quote a passage from some guy, ' This will also pass '.

soccachickk18
maybe there are some reasons for why you do that to yourself.... but that is never a good thing, you should find help, there are alot of people around you that would hate to see that happening to you... you should tell someone and let them take it into their own hands... someone older than you, like an adult., i dont know what 8 1/2 stone means, but i am sure you are a beautiful young lady who just cant see it, alot of girls have this problem, and its just they look at others and see them as so beautiful and then they look at themsleves and see nothing... its a problem, everyone is beautiful and special in their own way, and you just have to see that, focus on the positive things in your life instead of the negative

Boudica Warrior Queen
Rating
Is this what we have to look foward to now that the schools have broken up for the holidays. I hope not!

I can recall what is was like this time last year and I will be staying away for the duration this time round.

alana
Dont listen to jack A** down there he has no life... Listen dont worry about Weight try diet pills or like my freind did she was so over weight so she road her bike 3 times a day and within the first week she was losing weight and u could so tell... now the cutting prob I can see where ur coming from Iv had emotional probs too and cutting seems to make it better... Listen heres what I do instead of cutting...well one thing... well I go to my dads salvage yard and take a bat and break windows lol u can like find stuff in the garbage and go some where and beat the sh** out of it and scream its fun... or read it takes ur mind away its fun... And I think ur pretty I am so not photo genic and u really are and I dont think ur fat dont worry hang on

x♥Huni♥x
Your not ugly at all!. in fact, your really pretty! Those people on your Bebo must be being so cruel because they are jealous! Seriously! Do not listen to them, you are as good as anyone else and always remember that. I have been through both, and trust me, it seems like a 'quick fix' solution but cutting yourself does not change anything or make you feel better in the long run. You don't deserve it. So when you feel like you wanna cut yourself,think about the things i have said. If you really feel angry, shove your hands in freezing water as this gives the same 'release' effect but does not scar you. It sounds weird but a counsillor suggested it and it works for all the self harmers out there. After a while, you will stop. Please talk to a close friend when you feel this way instead, or a member of your family you are close to. You are sound a lovely person, please dont continue to harm yourself. You might be better shutting down your Bebo page from these jealous bullies. Maybe you should go to a counsillor, they do help. And from the your details, you are definetly not fat, but if you really want to lose weight, do it healthily, Go for walks, Eat less chocolate, more fruit etc this will help you lose weight though you dont need to as you are so young. Making yourself sick will rot your teeth, so dont please it's really unhealthy. i was anorexic, it has messed up my immune system and im ill most of the time now even though my eating's fine now, i am not fat but a healthy weight. but i was anorexic when i was 13 and i am 16 now and it has damaged my body, too late to repair so dont do the same please. I wish i could turn back the clock! I hope i have helped you best wishes, remember your beautiful, good luck! go out there and make nice friends, join a club etc you will be happier and feel better. be positive, positive things happen to positive people! x

laura l
Sweetie I feel your pain. I have cut myself for 10 years now and I have so many scars I cannot wear shortsleeves anymore. I do it to take emotional pain away. I have made myself sick in the past too as it gave me a feeling of being in control. I am taking citalopram for depression and panic attacks and I attend an anxiety management class once a week which is helping. Please don't let this take over your life. You are very special and I do not want you to hate yourself. I thought I had hit rock bottom at one point but things are actually looking up now and I know they will for you too. My email address is laura.lewis6@btinternet.com so please drop me a line if you want to talk. I am here. Please don't give up.

Stelluci
Check yourself into an institution immediately. It may sound cruel, but they'll be able to help you, and they won't keep you longer than necessary. They don't torture you there, either.

You need to learn to love yourself as you are without worrying about how others see you. A lot of the time, you feel like no one will ever love you because of the way you look, but that's not true. If people are willing to be that shallow, you don't want anything to do with them, and putting yourself through so much pain just to meet their petty standards is horrible.

Unless you can honestly tell me what you're doing makes you feel good. And then you really would need help.

But that's the bottom line. Get help. Let someone help you. Because there's no sense throwing your life away, not when you've got so much of it left to live, when you've got far more potential than what you're showing now.

kittykat
Hi there,
ok , first of all , this is not all that uncommon. A lot of people who have a eating problem also cut themselves .It is an expression of self hate.
Your going to need to talk to a professional about how to change the way you feel about yourself, and accept yourself for who you are. Your very young to feel the way you do about yourself and this breaks my heart.
Somehow, your going to have to break this cycle of self hatred and find that you are a value able human being. Your body does not deserve to be punished like this. Your are doing great harm to yourself and it is very dangerous.
I have done the same things to myself, and trust me it will not get you anywhere and it will cause you more pain .
Please get help for yourself and be kind to your body.

scorpionbabe32
You look really pretty in your pic, you obviously have no confidence or self esteem. Is they anyone you can chat to about how you are feeling, a family member or a teacher ? Hunny your weight is definitely not what I would suggest is fat you sound the ideal weight for your age and height.

Try to chat with someone about how you feel you need to stop this self harming and throwing up.

Edit*only1duk you disgust me.

Rudy
Rating
My heart goes out to you... You're only 13 and already feeling this way. I would just suggest that you stop and ask these questions to yourself. You need to dig deep and find the answers. You are only as beautiful as you feel... not by someone telling you that you are. Beauty is something that we all view differently and it seems to me that you are just judging yourself by what you see in TV and magazines. First off, If you are fat or chunky that doesnt make you ugly or unattractive. I know some hideous women with nice bodies. They may not look ugly but they are ugly because all they care about is themselves and what they can get out of life for them. I also know beautiful people that may not fit the TV description but are sooo into helping others and not being selfish.... That's beauty! dig deep and find that about yourself and you'll finally give yourself a break. Also, stop hurting yourself. The world is full of people that want to hurt you. Why should you help them?? Like the total idiot that answered you earlier... Those people belong in jail for their lewd behaviour.

Well, I hope I helped. Please feel free to contact me if you want more advice... I've been around the block a few times and I have advice to give...

take care and good luck!!

paola_uranga
please don't do that because if i was you i rather have sum extra weight rather than doing anorexic actions... just exercise and have a good healthy diet plan!!!

Dominoes
Rating
i think you got to go see a cousellor

Kit
It's all okay. Just talk to your parents or other trusted adults about it, they can find someone to help you out of this bad situation. Your friends might help you feel better, too. I know it is hard, but just hang in there! Somebody in real life can help you more than I can. Just remember this: You are beautiful, and nobody can tell you anything different, even yourself.

diydi
hello you are certainly not ugly or fat. but you don't really want to be told that, if you were here with me now i would give you a big hug and a cup of tea, its what I'm known for in my family when someone is upset. I have a niece who was like you but now with a bit of help and a lot of love she on the road to recovery.

You need to find someone you can trust to talk too. please take care of yourself.

Amanda F
Rating
get help!

Clarissa J
Rating
Get help ASAP>

randy
Rating
first off, stop the cutting, it doesn't help. in fact it makes things much worse. Hiding it from family and friends, scars, infection etc. Second, stop blaming yourself for not being some idiots version of a barbie doll. You only have to be yourself. I saw your picture and you don't look fat to me. Stop thinking that you are. Just enjoy life, be who you are. A woman can be physically perfect in every way, and pur evil too. Beauty comes from inside, let that person out, you'll be much happier. If your weight bothers YOU ( the heck with others) than see a counselor, start a SIMPLE ( not difficult diet) and easiest of all, walk for 30 minutes every day. In 6 weeks, YOU will be able to see a difference. Meantime, Miss, find yourself some new and real friends. You need a real friend. The kind that ALWAYS have your back, never put you down, and make you laugh!! Also, you're not alone. Many others have found help thru talking with a parent, a school counsler, a nutritionist and friends. Talk to a doctor about the vomiting too.
Don't wait, start today, and don't give up. Your worth it.

Emmy
Talk to your parents... they can talk to a doctor or a therapist.

Rating
You need to see a doctor fast!! Good luck. lol

freewebs.com/fashionform
Rating
ok first of all..
YOUR NOT FAT.
ok?
so give it up.
&& second.
why would you wanna hurt yourself??
sheesh.

hi ! plz answer my question?????
omgg u shudnt do stuff like that u are at a perfect weight for 5ft 3 dnt worry ,dnt hurt yourself it is also dangerous to be sick after food it can really damage your body!!

DRae
Rating
Okay sweety this has gone past getting help from the internet you need a doctor. If you can't talk to your parents talk to an other adult and ask them for help.

http://www.teenlineonline.org/

I hope it helps

mashley
Are you serious? Honey please go get help. You are NOT ugly. You are beautiful just the way you are. God loves you if you feel no one else does. All cutting will do is leave you visual scars. It does not help you emotionally at all. And vomiting your food will only make you sick. This physical stuff will not help you emotionally. Find someone to partner up with to help you get over what you're going through. A good church with loveable people will help. I know, myself and a few of my friends have been there.

loscachivaches
if you really honestly feel that way about yourself you should talk to someone you trust that can help you instead of asking strangers online

`inspirational :]
im 13 :] i have bigger problems. i have social anxiety, and its much worse. i think you aare pretty! you shouldnt do this to yourself,you are beautiful. i recommend you to go see a doctor, or a therapist :]

i will pray for you, and i wish you great luck!

if you need help, or you need to talk to me, my aim screen name is aeritrea05

Or

my email is aeritrea05@aol.com

Hendo
Rating
I know it's easy for me to say but get help, go and see your doctor or your school councillor.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy