Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Did i sprain my ankle or fracture my foot?
I was walking down the stairs when my friend yelled my name and surprised me. This caused me to land on my foot funny in a way that bent my ankle 90 degrees toward the left. This morning I can move ...

Has anyone ever had their foot ran over by a car?
I was crossing the road today and all of the sudden this crazy driver raced out of no where almost running over my foot!! my feet was only an inch away from his car wheels!! i was so upset that he ...

Old injury?
i had a car accident in 2004 it was pretty bad. i did get some slight neck pain on my left side. i didn't go to the hospital cuz it wasn't nothing. but suddenly for the past day and a ...

What does a skull fracture feel like?
I fell like 4 feet through a bush and hurt my head alittle on wood chips. The spot feels alittle sore, only when I touch it. What are other symptoms of head trauma?...

I hurt my knee i need help please?
i was playing soccer and i jump to try to head the ball and i landed on my left leg and i felt my knee wanted to pop but it didn't!! now i walk and is weak and it hurts, when walking it kind of ...

springfairy556
Is there anyway to tell if i broke my toe? i hit it on a table. and it hurts bad,?
I can walk on it, so I though i didnt have a broken toe. cause that would be a obvious sign that it may be broken, but what is making me question is that I cant bend it and it feels numb. I would go to the doctors but my mom doesnt want to waste money if it's not broken
Additional Details
No there's no bruise what so ever just alot of pain.

ladypythonswc
Rating
the only way to be sure is to get an x-ray, however, the fact that it is numb makes me think you've done some pretty big damageit could also be dislocated, is there a huge bruise? if so, you should get it checked, if it remains numb get it checked.

Sarah
It sounds like it's broken and here is the thing - the doctor can't do anything about it. They won't even x-ray it they'll just send you home. It will heal in about a month. I guess there isn't any such thing as a toe cast. You can wrap it in gauze and tape which will help a bit.

payitfwd5
I broke my second toe yesterday and was in severe pain. The pain wasn't bad until a few hours later. The next morning when I woke up, no pain? Now my toe is completely numb? Is this something I should be worried about? Please email me an answer at payitfwd@msn.com

pengfoot
Rating
X-rays will give you the answer. Even if it is or if it isn't, the treatment is the same. Buddy splint the injured toe to the toe next to it and placed in a small fracture shoe for a short time until the pain goes away. If the toe isn't straight, then it may need to be reduced after numbing the toe up. Hope this helps!

marissa
Rating
If there's no bruising or swelling, then it's probably not broken. The fact that you can't bend it and it feels numb makes me think you might have pinched a nerve. My mom pinched a nerve in her arm and for a long time she couldn't bend a couple of her fingers and her thumb and one of her fingers are still numb. You should probably ice it and stay off of it for a few days and maybe tape it incase it is broken, but if that doesnt help then you should probably go to the doctor. If the numbness gets worse then you should definitely get to a doctor.

speedy_me18
You won't know if it's truely broken unless you go to the doctor, but since your mom doesn't want to spend the money, you'll never know for sure. I once broke my big toe during volleyball practice, and it felt like it was going to fall off, that's how much it hurt. They can't do anything for broken toes, you can't put a cast or a wrap on it, so it kind of is a waste of money to go to the doctor for it. You just have to let it heal. Try not to move it to much and eventually it will get better. It took about a month or two for mine to finally feel better, but every once in a while I hit it or if I exercise a lot it still hurts. Take some aspirin or Tylenol and just try babying it for a while. Good Luck!

Michelle S
I agree with all of the above answers, there is nothing that can be done for a broken toe other than ice it and keep that foot elevated. I've broken mine a couple of times from sports and something as stupid as dropping a pack of frozen ribs on it and yes, either way it hurts like hell. So just stay off of it and use and ice pack. Good luck!

ibsawdust
The only way to tell is by ex ray , but if it is broken all they will do is tape it to the toe next to it and tell you to stay off of it keep it elevated and put ice pack on it..I know < I've broken mine twice..

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy