Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I am going to have a horrible scar?
I got into a bike accident the other day...I have 8 stitches vertically on my forhead right in between my eyes...I would like to know every secret there is to make sure I have as minimul scar as ...

How can i help my cousin?
my cousin plays field hockey and she had a game and she was playing nd she fell and is now in a cast with crutches she tore like a whole bunch of ligaments in her ankle what can i do to make her ...

I twisted my ankle and i dont know what to do?
I was at school in the gym after my soccer game, and i forgot to take off my cleat, so i started chasing my friend Carter and then next minute i know i twist my ankle. I get up and i cant walk on it, ...

How can I heal my wrist after a severe sprain?
More than 3 months ago I broke my right wrist and severely sprained my left wrist in an accident. Now my right wrist appears to be 95% healed where as my left does not seem to be getting better. In ...

OMG im in so much PAIN!?
I was in some 4inch heels and im already 5'7. I tripped and fell last night and my ankle is killing me ever since. i slept on it without doing anything, but everytime i moved it hurt. This ...

Bloody nose?
My friend called me this evening and, told me that he has had a bloody nose for a week...off and on...

and, then he said he had a very bloody nose out of the blue...yesterday...

I have had to have my wallet surgically opened cos it was my wifes birthday. Wot the recovery time....?
.... for such a painful operation. ?????????...

The left side of my face doesn't move right. I'm really worried. Can someone help?
I was at a football camp, not tackling, or hitting, just standing there, listening to an instuctor, and all of a sudden, this muscle on the left side of my neck started to spasm and got stiff and ...

Is my 4 year old okay?
5 days ago my 4 year old daughter told me her head hurts and she couldn't sleep. We were out of Nyquil so I gave her a cupful of alcohol mixed with sweet apple juice. I thought she toddled her ...

I had an accident...?
i fell and now my tail bone hurts like hell, went to the docotr and he said that will go away in a few days with some strange pills, but i cant really stand the pain :(
anything to control that??...

I was in an accident help please.?
i fell down the steps of the holiday inn due to thier rubber guard not being attached i was taken to the e.r. by ambulance and had ct scans,xrays and others test done.i went to my family dr. as a ...

What is going on?
About 2-3 times a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, while im sleeping at night the back of my head becomes numb and i cant feel it. Its so weird. Im scared something is wrong. Does this happen to ...

B-ball trouble and hert ancle, wut should i do?
ok well my b-ball team just started playing games, tomorow is our first game, but yestarday i jumped out of a moving car and tha car ran over my heel.do u have any hints cause i luv b-ball? and ...

Cold or Hot compress?
I just got in a fist fight with a sibling....stupid reasons of course...but anyway. My hands and arms are getting welted and brusing. What do I use to to help prevent brusing? I know cold to help ...

I bit my inside of my lip and now it is like scabed over and it hurts a lot.is there way not to make it hurt?
like inside of my lip i mean like infront of my teeth like that skin ...

Ear Feels Full... No Insurance Please help!?
Okay, I don't have med insurance for a few more weeks. I recently got what I think could be a sinus infection. I am a long time sufferer of bad sinuses. It started off feeling like a cold, but ...

Help!!, my right eye looks like its turned in like and it hurts alot because of?
me rotating my eyes very fast to the very left of me like those eye exersizes and there is soo much pain since November 1st..soo, I have been to two opthamologists and they said nothing is wrong but ...

Do you need crutches for a sprained ankle?
My ankle is sprained please tell me if i need ...

If you get pencil lead in your skin?
I once poked myself with a pencil, and the lead stayed in the skin while it healed. This happened maybe four years ago and there is a little gray mark right where I accidentally stabbed myself which ...

Please help me doctors or anyone with experiance!!!!?
Okay, I know someone that was crazy enough to do Cocaine and i know it isnt good for you. Well, She had also the following night drank a few beers and was doing that on top of it and i mean i was ...

Jerrell N
Is my pinky finger (left hand) sprained, dislocated, or broken?
One month ago, I fell on my pinky playing basketball (I tripped over someone's foot). The pain was unbearable as it began to swell up. I've tried everything from warm water with epsom salt, buddy tape, wrapped, and an ice pack. Though I've shown myself slight improvement with bending it, I can't clutch it into a fist. I'm thinking the ligaments in my finger are damaged as compared to ankles. Otherwise, it's swollen still (never been black or blue, or no bone flapping around). Hands are slow healers I'm assuming, but any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Additional Details
Update: I forgot to mention the swelling is occuring around the joint (the part in the middle of your finger where the fingers bend). From there on down it's swolled and it hurts mainly in that area when I try to bend it. When I open my hand outward, it's fine though...

JM
with a break it would be black and blue

with a dislocations it would look out of place.

sounds like you have a nasty sprain. head to a drug store and get a splint or some tape and tape it to the finger it's next to and let it be for a week or so.

arsenic sauce
Rating
hmm if that was a whole month ago then it was probably a fracture or something.... it sounds severe

you should go to the doctor and get an x-ray so they can see exactly what's going on and you can get a splint or something... so it can heal better.

do go! my dad's pinky is like... permanently scrunched up. he can't straighten it. so go to the doctor so you won't end up with a bum pinky!

CPlatt
Rating
first of all, go to a doctor! you probably need an x-ray to figure it all out. until then, when i have weird pain i usually type in my symptoms on a health Web site that will give you a list of potential answers. Go to:
http://www.prevention.com/cda/channelpage.do?channel=health

Nickole
it sounds broken,if it was sprained ,dislocated or anything not serious,it would have healed,by now...it's been a month,i suggest you go to the doctor ,and see what's really going on with your finger...Don't waste time...

edman2299
Rating
hard to say vist the docter and you can find a docter if you have a computer

OldDude
Sqeeze each joint a little, then sqeeze the bones between the joints.

If you get pain in one of the joints the finger has been jammed or sprained. Cold packs and immobilize the finger with a splint.

If you get pain on one of the bones you have a break, go to a doctor.

Lori P
Rating
if your pinky finger was broken: everythime u bent it it would be in excruciating pain
if it was dislocated: it would look crooked or bent up
if it is sprained: in a few days after the accident it should be almost as good as new

taurus_2_8
Without an x-ray it is hard to tell but after a month splinting is not going to help. Probably wll take a few months to a year to get your full range of motion back and might be bent a bit permanently. Just keep working it out, by opening/closing your hand.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, April 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy