Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

If your partner ended up paralysed from the neck down and was kept alive by machines?
if they asked you to turn the machine off could you do it?...

Could I have a little sympathy please?
I've just fallen over in the garden and my knees hurt - owwww! No one here to sympathise, so I call on you out there in yahoo land. Ow again! (I hasten to add, I don't need first aid, just ...

My husband stepped on a rusted nail today, what Antibiotics are good for infection?
My husband fell off a ladder and landed on a rusted nail. The nail went through his shoe, in the ball of his foot and went in pretty deep, he thinks it hit the bone in his big toe or maybe a tendon. H...

Where is the oddist place u have been biten?
i have been biten on my chest it hurts i have put cream on it but it ...

I think my 2 month old pitbull leg is fractured, What do I do?

What should you do if you had an ingrown toenail?
i have had an ingrown toenail for about a week and it didnt start hurting until this morning when i woke up. what should i do 2 get rid of it or itleast make it stop hurting bcuz i have softball ...

Does pee cure a black eye?

How can I make bruising disapear quicker - I have a black eye!!! :-(?

Additional Details
I had a little clubbing incident for all of you that want to know!!! Thanks for the help by the way!!!...

What is your belly button?
I know your belly button is where the umbilical cord broke off, but what is the point of it? Can it be surgically removed without harm? Why are people so squeemish about them? Just for fun!...

Swollen newly peirced ears?
i had my ears peirced 3 weeks ago, 2 on my ear lobes and one at the top. a few days after getting them done the left bottom one swelled up. went down, with some extra cleaning and was no problem. ...

I have had water in my ear for 2 days?
will it come out by itself or will i need to go to doctor

can it do any lasting damage if i don't go to the ...

Help my dad might die?
my dad was riding his bike and sopemone backed out and hit him and he has to go to the emer room my mom just called to say i have to give the dog food and stuff and please tell me somethign i can do ...

I have cutting scars on my arm, and they are too noticable...?
I've stopped cutting and now regret that I ever did so much.
I really want the scars to fade but they wont I have about 6 of the most noticable scars on ym arm. Thats wht ppl see instead of ...

My Hand hurts, should I go to the ER?
I have a really sore, swollen and kind of bruised hand. Parts are black and blue.

It hurts to move so badly that i have resorted to just sitting and crying. It functions properly, so my ...

He's killing himself HELP!!!?
my best friend has a bloodclot on the bottom of his back. It hurts him so bad that all he does is sleep. Now is exspelled from school. I told him all he's doing is making it stronger by staying ...

Does it hurt worse to be stung by a jellyfish or a wasp?

Additional Details
I'm not talking irakundji (the deadly jellyfish), but I mean the sting in general, size of the sting being proportionate....

I this is weried but in surgery do the let you wear underwear?

Do I need a tetnus shot? drill bit injury...?
Okay, nice one -- I was drilling a hole and the drill bit wasn't in tight, the bit went at an angle into my finger. Traumatic, lots of blood and quite a hole, but I didn't hit bone, it ...

I cut myself for the first time...?
I did it for the first time ever today...and when i did it, i blacked out. I dont remember anything except looking at my bloody wrist...im scarred because i dont want to do it again....

Ouch! right between the legs!?
we had a big game of basketball today after school. I went for a pass and hit another girl from the other team right in the face causing her to tumble over. I came over and stood above her to see if ...

Lauren T
Is its true that if you slice up patatos and put them around your arm you can break your arm(pls read details)
I heard from somewhere that if you slice patatos and put them allll over your arm and wrap it in cloth and leave it there for 24 hours then wack your arm againest somthing it will be a pain free break???? I don't think it's true, and i'm curuios to know, but Im not gunna go try it just to figure if it does.do you think its real or just a myth???

The Man in Room V
Rating
yes its true because the potato peels have some sort of acid in them that really soften and sooth your arms, however; if you put in some delicate places, such as you wrist or fingers and you leave it for over night, and you apply pressure to it, yes it may break, but dont try it Savey (jack sparrow)

protoham
Rating
Myth, But, go ahead and try it, but it is going to hurt like he77. I have broken my arms 3 times and it is not fun.

roxiecat4200
Rating
No, that's not true.

flossie mae
Rating
It's a myth.

butterfly
never heard of that but I'm with you i will not try it but I am sure some one will

just a girl
no way can that be true

redboomerdog
Rating
NO that's not true.I don't know where you came up with that idea,but it sure sounds ridiculous.Not to mention it would still hurt beyond belief.

A Lonely Kitty__♥
potatoes that can weaken your bones with skin and muscles between them??? hmmmm, i'd say myth....

desperatehw
Rating
try looking it up on snopes.com

Dirty D
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Where do people come up with these brainfarts?

O.K. contrary to what all the netterweb Rambos and cyber badazzes would have you believe breaking your arm is going to be painful no matter what you wrap it in or how long you leave it wrapped whether it's for 24 hours, 24 seconds, or 24 centuries.

snowlady
Rating
No it certainly is not true.

jugillet chick
dood your like retarded and thats like a stopid question and who ever told you that are even more retarded

wantsshy
Rating
Myth and a stupid one at that

Hmm....
Never heard it but I don't believe it. I've broken bones and I'm pretty certain "patatos" won't help the pain.

JMHO

Ryan
myth
completely preposterous

lansatx04
I am gonna go with myth on that one. It seems like what you said insinuates that potatoes weaken bone somehow and I just don't see how this is possible.

Spitfire
y would u want to break ur arm?

mary
definitely a myth. whoever you heard this from is a retard.

Twist
Rating
Potato .....and no i don't think thats true at all. i suppose if i found myself suddenly in need of an arm breaking and i had nothing but potato's i would give it a shot though, you never know.

laceandcurls
Rating
Myth

riverrat15666
Do you mean potatos? Yep ...it's true ....So...don't go around wrapping yourself with potatos and wacking against anything. They should put a warning label on every potato sack.

momma T
There is no such thing as a "painless" break when it comes to your bones. Trust me, I have broken my arm 4 times. After the initial pain from the break, your brain releases endorphins that act as a natural pain killer.
That only works until you get to the hospital and they have to set the bone (if it is out of place like mine were). Then it hurts like crazy again.

.Taegan.Emily.
i think its a myth! but you can pass out by holding your knees to your chest for a while then getting up really quick (my best friend stupidly did it)! ill get some one to try this one!

rapid57702
Rating
Find some freak to try it you know people who like to cut them selfs because they like the pain? Oh wait better yet call myth busters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vodkacrazie
Rating
that is the most stupid thing I have read in a while...... I would say its a myth

craker
sounds like a myth to me, i also heard if ur sick u can put potatos in ur socks and be cured

crankyissues
Rating
WOW!!!!

You REALLY need a new hobby! I think Y!A is making you delusional!!! Go get some sleep!

streetlightkodak
if you're that curious, just do us all a favor and try it..and then let us know.

goldeneye007662
Rating
CALL UP THE MYHTBUSTERS ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Moldy Ducks!
Rating
it might be true. Try it!!!! PLEASE

notyou311
Rating
Everytime I think I've seen the most bizarre question possible on YA, something like this comes along.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy