Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Why do I do it if it hurts?
I have had a bike crash and a few cuts and bruises...which I tend to rub and press to feel the pain. I surprised myself enjoying the pain!! Is it normal?
Additional Details

Its all fun and games until??
And please don't say any of that "someone gets hurt" or "loses an eye" BS

Think ...

What is the correct name for a Doctor that check "dead bodies"?

What are easy ways to break my ankle?

Help OMG please someone help me !!!!??? =[?
I was blowing up a balloon and then it popped and flicked me RIGHT IN THE EYE. and omg it hurts so bad.i cant even open my eye right now. it happend like 5 min ago. Is something wrong ? Do i need to ...

How do I break my arm?
I need to break my arm to get out of P.E. I need to do 72 hours of physical activity for school, and I don't want to do it. How do I get out of it by breaking my arm?...

What will help a torn hamstring?
It has been about 3 weeks now since the tear. I play softball and really want to go all out, but unfortunately can't. What will help me out when playing softball, so that it will not bother me ...

WHO WANTS 10 POINTS? HELP PLZ!!!! i injured my wrist been been few months now READ ON...?
i use 2 break dance well not dat im a break dancer biggining 2 so i use 2 b able 2 stand on my hands however in one of those times while i was standing on my hands idk how my right arm fractured or ...

Ive gone mad!!please answers this!!!?
I hate myself and I cut down my arms all the time whenever i eat and then i throw it up please help because im 13 5ft 3 and weigh eight and a half stone I know that is fat please help
A...

What is eye doctor called?
eye ...

How do i know if my hand is broken?
it hurts, i cant move it very well, its very swollen but i didnt hear a crack when it happened
Additional Details
im at school and i ...

Has anyone heard of a hospital not wrapping broken ribs?
June of 2006 I fell off a roof and broke my right shoulder, left arm resulting in surgery and multiable broken ribs. Salina Regional Health, a hospital in Salina, Ks never wrapped or administered any ...

Help help a black widow spider just bit me on the arm?
please what should i do it bit me 5 minutes ago and i feel all dizzy and sick i feel like im about to collaspe and there is nobody in my
house at the moment so if i collapse nobody will know....

Dose it hurt to break your toe?
my sis said i dose but i really want to ...

Is it possible to live after being shot in the head?
i ask because i saw an episode of general hospital where someone gets shot in the head but doesn't die......

I've started lifting weights. Yesterday I worked my arms, and today my elbows are very sore. Normal?
Is this a normal symptom of beginning to lift weights, or have I overexerted myself? I did some basic curls, benched a bit, and did some pushups....

How do I get a cork out of my rear?
I fell on a wine bottle, it went up my butt.(it hurt this is not funny) Now the cork is stuck up there. What do I do?
Additional Details

Is it legal for a hospital to make a 5-year old girl with severe fracture wait for 6 hours?
the 5-yr old girl got fractured and was in extreme pain - the hospital in town couldn't treat her, so they asked her to be taken to another town 1 hour from here. In that hospital the doctor ...

Iv`e got in ingrowing pube .............help please?

If you fall asleep in the bath will you wake up before you drown?

Mello Jello
Is it worth going to the doc after my ex violently attacked me & choked me?
I've already filed a restraining order(well, its in the process), filed an assault charge and he was sent to jail for domestic abuse. The day after he viciously attacked me, threw me all around the house and choked me until i nearly died, I've been feeling a lot of pain in my neck and especially my arms. My neck deosnt feel too bad, it just has swelling... but my arms are honestly killing me.

Should i just wait it out, not worry about the doctor? Im not too sure its worth it but I'll take a second opinion...
Additional Details
i know they aren't broken or anything but it just hurts badly too lift them up, or even when i slightly move them

♥(^-^)♥
Rating
I am sorry to hear what your ex did to you.
I feel that it is better for you to be safe than sorry.
See a doctor and get your wound treated properly.

Avani
Rating
Yes, I think you should go to the doctor before the pain gets worse.Nothing is more important than your health. Just go.Take care and all the best to you.

Amanda C
Rating
They might be sore from being tossed around like that, but a doctor visit might not be to bad. there could be something wrong, or maybe not.

good job on a restraining order. those are very helpful.

Bird
Rating
If you feel you need to go to the doctor, I would go. You know your body better than we do. The arm pain is possibly pulled muscles, and it's probably normal to have swelling after being choked that severely.

Rating
Take your beat up self to the doctor and get checked. Let him take pictures of the bruises. Don't deny yourself because of the idiot that did this to you.

Roberto
I'm sorry for what happened, glad you got a restraining order.

If it was me, I'd go to a doctor and charge my ex for that.

m&m collector
Rating
well you filed a restraining order now go to the doctor and you should of called the police to. don't wait around next time you could be dead don't play games your life is worth more than that

Franky
Rating
First to the police and than to the doc or vice versa. I would not wait until I'm dead. He must get to a violation camp and feel by himself what real pain is.
Don't wait, go.

Franky

koiboy
You definitely should get checked out by your doctor. You may have a fracture and not a broken bone but it should still be attended to. If there is anything wrong with you, you'll have medical proof that he caused your injuries and you can use that against him if you decide to sue him for mental anguish and pain and suffering.

sweetsxygirl2002
Honey I think you honestly need to go see a doctor right away and you need to explain the entire situation. Don't wait on something like this. there could be some issues now with discs in you're back because you said that you're arms are in a lot of pain and that your neck is swelling. could be tissue damages you just never know. listen to your gut and go

happy
Rating
yes go to the doctor and make that sorry husband of yours pay the bill. Never go back to him please it sounds like you were in real danager. Let the doctor check you over its possible to have some pretty sever sprains and not even realize ti. I hope you feel better soon.

renee k
Rating
go to the doctor!! u need everything about this attack documented in case he tries it again

blackfootlady
go--or to er--you need documentation any time he attacks you--going to the dr or er gives proof of how violent he is--and don't ever wait to call police either--they can take reports and pictures of any bruising--everything should be documented for any future court hearings or processes

Miss America
Rating
Absolutely go to the MD!!! You need as much documentation as possible. You don't want the ex to have any room to wiggle out of this.

hsmommy06
You should go and have them document everything and take pictures for the record. This way you have extra proof.

Shelle
Rating
You definitely should go! You're lucky to be alive so now you need to keep yourself healthy. BTW.... I'm so sorry this happened to you. I've been there. Good luck and be well :)

Adrianox
Document everything with pictures just in case. Go and see the doctor too just in case.

orange7770
Rating
Always a good thing to go to the Dr., your body is telling you something isnt right, better safe than sorry.

erink1799
Rating
Yes, you should go to make sure your okay and that i's documented.

tlldob
He should have been charged with attempted murder.

Yes, you should go to the doctor.

suzanne b
Sweetheart,don't walk,run if you are able.......Go by all means to your Doctor,ask to be refered to a Social Worker..............
You must not be at the same residence if at all possible.I don't know your financial situation.I hope there are no children involved...............Because if there are,your baby's will be "IT'S" next victim/victim's...............Your Ex is a cowardly
piece of xxxx.Nothing more ,nothing less...............S

Dea B
Rating
yes u should definatly go to the doc.. if not the ER... since u have already filed the assult charges, any injuries that u have recieved from the attack would help with speeding up the processing of the restraining order and also assist with his charges...

if u havent already i would change ur locks and maybe even add a deadbolt to ur doors and maybe even windows to be sure that he dont come back...

best of luck to u... hopefully its not too serious

Monky Spark (Harry)
As somebody who spent 14 years dealing with domestic violence, go to your doc and make sure he records the injuries.

Does not matter that you don't pursue stuff at this time......the record is there if required in the future.

Second opinion is good, but not necessary if you MAKE your own doc record your injuries..........all good at court at a later date, IF it ever comes to that.

Also, and I'm serious about this.........lay off the golf for a few days.......it can be a ***** with shoulders if they are a bit tender. ;o)

immortality1231981
Rating
YES!! If nothing else, you need it to be documented for the legal case. Every time it happens you need to go immediately (as soon as you can) in order to get the abuse documented to support your legal case.

rich-cindy@sbcglobal.net
Rating
wow....................sounds like you are gonna live after that, however I would go just to have it documented.
because it is a violent act, very often doctors either won't see you, or don't want to cause they don't want to get involved, and they have to report it..
On the other hand the hospitals have to see you..at least thats the case in California

Michaela
YES. You should get photo documentation, and a physical exam. You may not see a need for it now, but if later you wish you had the paper trail, you can't go back. Why not get at least some pictures to document? You can always just keep them or throw them away. Better safe than sorry, and please take care of yourself !

InTheDark
Rating
go to the doc, have them take pictures and document everything. you may need this information if charges are filed and there is a trial.

signman_03743
Rating
You MUST see a doctor immediately, so that the doctor can medically DOCUMENT the attack-you have to have this proof in court-otherwise it is just 'he said-she said' and you can't prove anything he did to you-and he'll be released!
GET THE PROOF, DON'T WAIT...

Nes'ly
Rating
Go to the doctor.Even if a doctor can't make you feel better it will be benificial in your case against your ex.The doctor will probably give you meds to make you more comfortable as well so it's kind of a win win.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy