Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen?
i hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen. I am not sure if I can still use some ice bacause this happened over 24 hrs ago. any ideas?...

Can you die from any internal bleeding? this is important..?
My boyfriend went to the doctor the other day because they said that they found protien in his urine and he may have internal bleeding. He went back today and it was positive that he does have ...

What is the worst injury that you have ever suffered and how did you do it??????????????

I got bit by a dog. What are some of the symptoms I might have if the dog has rabies.?

What happens when you swallow a quarter?

Additional Details
For those of you wondering ,it was'nt me, it was my boyfriend,his friend thought it would be funny to put it perfectly on top of his beer bottle,and he ...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH Me!!??
I was in class and we were working on a class play when i was pushed and i hit my head HARD on the cement floor. I went home after that and i feel: REALLY tired, its hard to walk straight and, i am ...

Finger help!?
This Friday, I had got my right middle and ring fingers caught in the part of the garage door that bends, I got it treated immeadeatly, but I still have little little purple-ish pink marks on my ...

My bruise doesn't hurt!!!?
I have a bruise on the very bottom of my thumb and it doesn't hurt at all! I touch it and even rub it but it doesn't hurt. And yes it's a bruise because it's purple....

Whats wrong with me??sick?
jan 2nd my throat started acting up, it only hurt on my left side to swallow. i managed the pain and would spray cepacol and take ibuprofen then i would feel better.got but on jan 4th it got worse. ...

I have a small burn on my leg from a motorbike exhaust pipe which has now blistered.should i pop the blister ?

Red Srcatches on my husband's back. He said he got those from working out or he cheated on me? Please help!
Hi,

This happened last night that I happened to see scratches on my husband's back (I did take 3 pictures of the scratches). The moment I saw those red scratches on his back, I was ...

Don't say I'm stupid........?
because I really want to break my arm! I've got a perfectly good reason to but I can't say why!!! Could someone please give me an idea?!!...

How come people don't type the full word?
What I mean is; people using the shortcuts of words/phrases. For example, u, lol, ppl any1, r etc. I just want to know why people are lazy when they type.
Additional Details
I put it in ...

Oh my God, I'm in my office. Someone just walked in with a gun and shot Ms. Stephenson the recptionist?
OH God what should I do, he's killing everyone OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME. I have a Beretta in my drawer. Should I risk going out there?
Additional Details
I killed him. I actually ...

How do you make it stop?
Oh my gosh!!! Seriously it is the most annoying thing ever. My eyes have been doing this thing for the past couple of months where they will randomly twitch.

What causes an eye to twitch? ...

How do i fake injury?
how do i fake a really really sore ankle or actually half break it. I need to know I NEED to get out of winter inter school sports. Because everyone always laughs at me. Oh and i want it to kind of ...

Help Me this is serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
My knee has been hurting me for about three weeks now. I first noticed it when I was playing in a softball game and I slid into second base. The next day it hurt very bad. And every day it has been ...

How do I know if this is a paper cut?! NEED HELP FAST PLZ?
I cut myself on paper and it huuuuuuuuurts
WHAT DO I DO?! please ...

Where can i brake my arm?
I had a bet with my friend that whatever experiences he goes through, i do too. He broke his arm a month ago and now im thinking about honouring our deal. Any ...

VERY mysterious question! please help!?
I was with my friends one staurday night, way later in the
evening, say 11:00 pm - 2:00 am, and we were walking on the sand right on the beach. My friend was walking closest to the water, when ...

apple pie girl
Is it legal for a hospital to make a 5-year old girl with severe fracture wait for 6 hours?
the 5-yr old girl got fractured and was in extreme pain - the hospital in town couldn't treat her, so they asked her to be taken to another town 1 hour from here. In that hospital the doctor didn't arrive for nearly 2-3 hours & when he finally arrived, the girl's parents were asked to complete the formalities & then the doctor asked them to go to another town even further away...finally, after 6 hours the girl recieved treatment.

I mean even a normal adult can't bear a fracture for more than a couple of hours - but a 5-year old girl was made to do that for 6 hours...

AFox
What??! Thats awful!

alexa rose
Rating
what type of fracture was it? it all depends on why the doctor was unable to treat her. it is legal if the doctor provided transportation and pain medication. if not you could be looking at a potentional malpractice suit â™ 

Liberalism is nihilistic
Rating
what morons

pcgirl2006
I doubt it's illegal although it should be.

Highly poor judgement!

CR
Rating
Get a lawyer fast!! Don't sign anything from Hospital till you have a lawyer.

Hannah R
I don't think it's necessarily illegal, but it's most definately unacceptable. That little girl should've gotten proper treatment right away.

T H
NO!!!

shroty
NO!!!!!

hovering
That is a complicated question and depends on whether or not the treatment facilities were non-profit or private. You didn't say whether or not she went to the emergency room or an urgent care clinic. I cant imagine what facility wouldnt be able to treat a fracture???

butterfliesRfree
Rating
I don't know where you live and that could make a difference but I don't think the hospitals near me are permitted to turn people away for any reason. I don't know how "illegal" it is but it sure as hell is HORRIBLE. I'd, at the very least, file a formal complaint -- with all involved.

Funkstar
yes its legal unfortunately but its only illegal if they ignore the girl then the parents/guardians could sue the hell out of the hospital

sharmel
I don't know about the strict letter of the law, but the real point is, was it reasonable, ethical, and right, and the answer is no, no, and no. It's downright outrageous, and unfortunately it happens not infrequently that some of the people involved in this kind of situations did NOT behave as they should have, and exercised, at best, appalling disregard for the welfare of a sick patient; at worst, aggregious bad judgement that would meet the criterion of patient neglect, and I think a good lawyer might possibly make a case on that basis. If I were that child's parents, I would certainly make a point of consulting an attorney who deals with "medical misbehaviours" and see whether he thinks there are good grounds to go after the hospitals, and the medical personnel involved.

Whether there would be a chance for punitive damages, of course, would depend entirely on whether or not it could be shown that the final outcome of the child's fracture was less successful than it might have been had the child been attended to more expeditiously. But the main purpose of going after those involved, I think, would be to publicize their behaviour in a way that might force them to review their whole policy for handling situations like this. One way to make them straighten up and fly right is to bring their actions to the notice of the public.

Cory E
Rating
no this is one reason i don't go to them

icosrwala
Unfortunatly not its ridiculous.As long as it isnt life threarening you can be made wait for ages.I broke my leg playing hockey and I had to wait 8 hours the pain was severe

little_momma89
Welcome to the real world,a lot of thing's are not legal but it is done anyways

WooleyBooley again
Rating
No but that's the way it is now. Everyone is afraid they will get sued. My experience:

I was in Myrtle Beach, SC at a sales meeting. I lived in Los Angeles. My nine year old son fell on a rusty fence post. I had given our neighbor everything except one thing for an emergency-a WRITTEN PERMISSION LETTER SIGNED BY ME for her to make any decisions if an accident occurred.

He had to wait hours while they got hold of me, needed stitches and wouldn't treat him until they talked to me. It was 2:00 AM EDT when they found me. This was in 1989 !!!

oplsjames
Without knowing what the care providers charted, it is difficult to make educated guesses, but I'd have to say, "Yes." If the injuries are beyond the scope of the facility and staff. Often with children there are many more considerations besides pain. Since a 6yo is still growing, growth plates must be considered during treatment of fractures nearby. Also, it is much easier to do nerve damage to a 6yo. It's always better to wait until optimum treatment is available, if waiting won't cause more damage than treatment. Although distressing, pain in and of itself is not permanently damaging.

steppage
Rating
no it's not illegal, but it would have been nice if they could at least have given her pain meds or something. poor thing.

warrior mama
Rating
where did this girl live.. if ;you live in a country that has sub standard health care any way then thissounds normal... i live in Canada so i would think this child would not have to wait 5/6 hours..

conim2002
Rating
Emergency will usually call you in to evaluate you as soon as possible, take your vital signs and then continue to check your vital signs every 30 minutes until you can be seen by a physician.

Many emergency wards are over crowded, but they still have a system in play to check vital signs and view the patient at least every 30 minutes.

The emergency ward employees are trained to look for the three "B" s. Breathing....Bleeding....and Break. Treated in that order.

rickygodbey
Rating
I don`t think it is a question of legality . It is probably a question of were they qualified to theat the child . I waited in the ER at Parkland in Dallas with 23 fractures to both legs it only took 26 hours to be admitted.

tess
No, it's not illegal. Unfortunately things like that happen.

My son was in a car accident, he broke his femur. The accident was @ 6:30 a.m. He had surgery that night @ 7:00 p.m.

Broken bones usually aren't life threatening. If more serious cases were happening at the hospitals, they would (and should) go first. In my sons case, no orthopedic surgeons were available until the evening. It made for a very unpleasant day, but he's no worse for wear.

I hope they at least gave her some painkillers

I should add too, that all hospitals rate the patients as they are admitted. There's a pecking code.

My daughter was severley injured when she was ejected from a car. So was her girlfriend. Between the 2 of them they took up all emergency Dr's & nurses. The others, with broken bones waited. So they should have. The Dr's were busy trying to save 2 girls lifes.

yyyyyy
Rating
that's terrible, but I doubt if anyone did anything illegal

did they at least give her a shot for the pain??

Megan
Rating
That's how most hospitals are these days. If you're not knocking at death's door, they won't see you immediately. I do believe the girl should've been given something for her pain though. It's pathetic how some patients are treated now a days.

Tim
Rating
They can do whatever they want. There may have been someone in there with an arm cut off or they may be trying to resesitate another 5yr old. Your problems arent the only ones in the world. Get over it

hello!
Rating
they should have at least gave her something for the pain in the meanwhile. but if you care so much why didn't you drive her else where, and your excuse cannot be it would be too far cause in 6 hours you could most likely drive to another state. don't be a lazy

Leslie B
Rating
That's terrible but no, it's not illegal.

Stephen J.
Rating
Go watch the movie "sicko" this happens all the time

amandafofanda66
Rating
Yes, as it is not a life threatening issue. Gun shots and stab wounds and heart attacks come first.

jazzman
Rating
I don't intend to be mean here, but she is quite lucky that she got treated in 6 hours. There have been young kids who have been denied treatment & were made to wait for one or two days to receive treatment... but best wishes to the child that she becomes ok.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy