Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How can you tell if you sprained your ankle or fractured it.?
swelling around ankle bone. tender to touch, hurts to walk on, have trouble bending foot up and down without pain....

Can I take painkillers for a wound?
I cut my finger earlier on a tin can. It bled for a long time and whenever I knocked it, it would bleed again. I went to the NHS Walk-in centre where the nurse put steristrips across hte wound and ...

What do you think? I tried suicide.?
So on December 14 last year I tried to kill myself, I drank 6x the maximum dosage for headache pills containing paracetymol and aspirin. That day I got a headache that hasn't gone away yet, it ...

Should I call a doctor?
Okay, I dont need any "smart" answers.

I live in a rural area, going to the doctor with three kids in tow is a lot of work. I just would like some advice.

Last night I ...

Should my son(4yrs) take Tetnus injection after every wound by iron?
my son(4yrs)had a tetnus injection four months ...

Whats caused you the most pain ever?

This isnt right? LOTSA SERIOUS ANWERS PLZ!!!?
Does this sound right to you?
OK, so I was at cheer practice two nights ago and a girl landed on my right knee from being thrown in the air. I hyper-extended it and i think broke it. But I went ...

How bad is it to have a perforated eardrum?

What is the number to dial 911 for emergency?
I have fallen and cannot get ...

What's the goriest thing you've seen in real life?
Have you witnessed any bizarre freak accidents or injuries? Where were you at the time and what happened?
Additional Details
These stories are really harrowing!

Watching my D...

THIS is a very serious question only serious answers plzz?
i went to barrymoors party last night, i woke up feeling very sore in the lower regions ? i wouldnt mind but someone popped my armbands too.. have you ever had your armbands popped ? im gutted got ...

This is an EMERGENCY PLEASE i need urgent help.?
i need to know what to do to this bruise. it is a huge bruise it is purple and swollen. i want to go to bed and i am really tired but wherever the leg hits at is when it hurts really bad. what should ...

Anyways on how to crack my lower back?

What do you think of acupuncture?

My wrist hurts alot?
hi, my wrists hurts alot when i move it left to right or forwars and back, i dont know how i done it.
what should i do to help relieve pain?...

If you had to go to hospital urgently, what would you be embarassed about the staff seeing?
I know if you were in pain or scared you wouldn't care, but when my hubby went in with a heart scare, all he cared about was the embarassment of not having cut his toenails and wearing his Mr M...

Do you die if you break your neck?

Are you suppose to hold your head back when your nose bleeds.?
Me and my boyfriend keep arguing about this subject. My nose keeps bleeding due to the heat. I beleive you shouldnt hold your head back because the blood rushes to the back. And he of course thinks ...

Some one put something inside me..?
I was walking in the street and suddenly this man with a white coat like the coats that doctors use and he had some sort of gun suddenly he put the gun in my neck and then sothing shoot out of it and ...

What if a doctor drops you when you were just born can tey get sewed yes or no your opion?

jontee
If your right leg aches. Which side do use a walking stick?

Tact is highly overrated
Rating
You use a cane with the weak leg, so the right in your instance.

サマソサ
Rating
your right so you don't put weight on it.

SteveLaw
Which ever feels better for you. I would suggest trying the left for standing so you lean away from the bad leg or the right for walking so you put the weight on the stick not the leg. But have you been to see your doctor?

gutmymindter
Rating
your right side... it "takes the place" of your right leg.
so your right is right !!!

Aryeh
right

Gadis Neutral
Right, to support your right leg.

resignedtolife
On the same side as the bad leg.

Neomaxizoomedweebie
Right of course.....glad you're not my doctor!

Bob Sacamanno
Rating
Right

Glen
"Your Middle Leg"... Hope you fall over

Ellaaaa!
Rating
the rightttttttt one

Clare
I've been using a cane for years and always use it on the side opposite my weak leg. In my case, it's my left leg that needs assitance so I use the cane on my right side.

Outspoken but Honest
Rating
Well that's a good one as my brother is a bit deaf in his right ear and was giving a hearing aid for his left ear?

claire y
The opposite side. So in your case it is your right leg so you will be using the stick on the left. Your physio/doctor should have told you this. If you havent seen one, please do not use someone elses walking stick, it can do more damage than good.

tess
Rating
The people who said the opposite side are correct.

wjohagan
Rating
On the opposite side from the bad leg, so in your left hand. Then you walk good-leg / bad-leg-and-stick.

Otherwise you end up walking like Herr Flick of the Gestapo, with stick and leg moving as one.

private
Rating
If your right leg aches. You use the cane on the "left side" to
take the "pressure off your right leg," when you are applying
pressure to it while walking. I know several people who use
canes or walking sticks.
The walking stick always goes in the "opposite hand" of the
"bad leg. Ask your doctor for verification. MC. *~<}:-})>

Cindy_Meow
I know when I had my left hip replaced, the doctors told me to use a walking stick/cane on my RIGHT side only. You always use it on the side that's opposite of the one that's hurt or injured. When you take a step, move the walking stick and your leg forward together. This will support your bad leg.

Jason
Rating
If it doesn't hurt too bad, I use the cane on my left side to help my right leg. If it hurts real bad than I use it on the right side to support my leg.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 14, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy