Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Help my dad might die?
my dad was riding his bike and sopemone backed out and hit him and he has to go to the emer room my mom just called to say i have to give the dog food and stuff and please tell me somethign i can do ...

I have cutting scars on my arm, and they are too noticable...?
I've stopped cutting and now regret that I ever did so much.
I really want the scars to fade but they wont I have about 6 of the most noticable scars on ym arm. Thats wht ppl see instead of ...

My Hand hurts, should I go to the ER?
I have a really sore, swollen and kind of bruised hand. Parts are black and blue.

It hurts to move so badly that i have resorted to just sitting and crying. It functions properly, so my ...

He's killing himself HELP!!!?
my best friend has a bloodclot on the bottom of his back. It hurts him so bad that all he does is sleep. Now is exspelled from school. I told him all he's doing is making it stronger by staying ...

Does it hurt worse to be stung by a jellyfish or a wasp?

Additional Details
I'm not talking irakundji (the deadly jellyfish), but I mean the sting in general, size of the sting being proportionate....

I this is weried but in surgery do the let you wear underwear?

Do I need a tetnus shot? drill bit injury...?
Okay, nice one -- I was drilling a hole and the drill bit wasn't in tight, the bit went at an angle into my finger. Traumatic, lots of blood and quite a hole, but I didn't hit bone, it ...

I cut myself for the first time...?
I did it for the first time ever today...and when i did it, i blacked out. I dont remember anything except looking at my bloody wrist...im scarred because i dont want to do it again....

Ouch! right between the legs!?
we had a big game of basketball today after school. I went for a pass and hit another girl from the other team right in the face causing her to tumble over. I came over and stood above her to see if ...

What's wrong with me..?
I was sitting on my couch, and began to walk across the room. All the sudden, I blacked out.. I grabbed the entertainment center, and next thing I knew I was laying on the floor.. my hands were ...

How soon after stepping on a rusty nail do you need to get a tetanus shot? Can you wait a couple of weeks?
My wife is on vacation in Florida and stepped on a rusty nail. It pierced her shoe and left a mark on her foot, but her foot did not bleed. She's wondering if she needs to get a tetanus shot ASAP...

Do I need to go to the Emergency Room?
I was out in the sun all week long and I still feel nauseous and dizzy. I got really badly sunburned to. I dont want to go into the ER only for them to tell me that nothing is wrong but I feel like ...

How Do You Know If A Bone Is Broken??
Foot went completely under leg, ankle is swollen severely, black, blue extremely painful...not able to fully weight bare, though can hobble.

Sprain or break?...

Big toe stuck in a bowling ball?
I asked this yesterday and its still stuck. What happen was yesterday morning I was sitting in the chair. I was rolling a bowling ball around with my feet and toes. I put my big toe in the thumb hole ...

My principle choked me and i dont know what to do?
my principle choked me slammed med down to the ground and i pulled his tie and then he picked me up and then he twisted my arm back and he tried to break it what to do the police wont lock him up ...

Help with a burn?
i was curling my hair the other night and i burnt my cheek with my curling tongs...the skin actually bubbled and im left with a big mark on my cheek...it will definitely scab...i just need help on ...

After getting a MASSAGE, should the therapist be tipped?

Would you cry?? (continued. . .)?
6. If you got stung by a wasp?
7. If you got a tattoo?
8. If you got a 3rd degree burn on your stove?
9. If your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you?
10. If you cut your hand ...

How much pain can you take.. Whatever causes it. from -0 to +10?

Additional Details
Mind over matter....

How do I stop cutting my wrists?
I'm 15 and I been cutting my wrists for about 8 months and now I can't stop. I do it when i get sad or depressed which is pretty often. I've tried seeing a counselor but it only helped ...

faddyO
If your partner ended up paralysed from the neck down and was kept alive by machines?
if they asked you to turn the machine off could you do it?

retox
Rating
yes, to save the electric.

The Big B
No!

Ms.loanofficer
No I could not. It has been my experience that when man says no...GOD says yes. It's not over till God says so. I would try my best to keep the faith and believe God for his recovery.

Berimar
Rating
Yes, but not right away. I would need them to have time to think to make sure they are certain. But if I knew they were sure, I would do it, even if it meant murder charges.

Anonymous™ ©2008 !!
Rating
I don't think i could do it unless my partner had previuosly stated that he did not want to be kept alive like this if this should happen to him... otherwise, i would have to keep the machines on i'm affraid.. i would go every day and read to him and watch for any flicker of hope and pray that he would be one that did awake one day. I really hope you are not in this predicamant though and pray that if you are you do find the strength the make the decision that is right for YOU. And please make it for you and not based on what a bunch of strangers who may well not have been in your shoes dvise you. Take care,blessings and good luck. xx

nailpolish
i would have to be in that situation to answer this Q

busty bertha
this is a hard one if i knew they was in alot of pain i think i would as i would want them to do the same for me i don't want to be a burden on anyone and i have told my b/f that if anything happens to me and i can't talk or my body and life is dead that i don't want to live so yep think i would even though it would break my heart but if they could have some life then no way would i...

fuzzykitty
Hard one, one that needs to be discussed long before it happens. If I was the paralysed person and I would never be able to communicate nor have any form of real life , as a contributing member of my family, I have already filled out the papers to pull the plug. It's part of my living will.

parfie1
Rating
Yes, I could I'm afraid. In fact I KINDA did by phone with my Father in-law ....... he had a living will and Belgium does not recognize those, and they keep them alive forever I guess. I called them up, and I said, It's what the family wants, it's what his living will states, and even though you are a different country, you must respect someone's decision like that no matter what. A few hours later (without any family speaking with them), the machines were turned off and he passed away.

Rolsy
Difficult question. There are two answers in my mind. The first is do you do what is right for you. The second is, do you do what is right for them?

Ultimately, you should do what is best for them I would think!

Jacob
Rating
If you were maried only...
:)

starbrite.
Rating
YES AND IT'S NOT AGINEST THE LAW.

bmac
Rating
I know how my partner feels about that....and vice-versa. Neither one of us want to be kept alive like that.....so....
YES.

prankstar25
Rating
well i had simular situation except the doctors told my mum if they should turn of the life machine off when my dad was in hospital. it was hard but we said yes so that my dad didn't have to suffer anymore.

Lynn C
my husband has always said i must do it, but i dont honestly know if i could.

Cherish
for them yes, but selfishly i wouldnt want to be without them

Rating
Without a second's hesitation if I knew it to be her wish. There are worse things that dying, and being in that awful situation is one of them; God forbid that my partner would hesitate if the roles were reversed.

Red
Rating
I can only answer this because we have talked about it. My husband would want me to switch off the machine, as the life he once had would not be the one I was trying to keep him alive for.

If you are in this position my heart goes out to you, talking about it and doing it - very different.

Good Luck

kay_flood
Rating
not only could I do it, I did do it. have never regretted it either.

kelly b
Yes cause i would not want my partner to suffer and I would want the same thing done to me.

rock star
yea we already spoke about this scenario

mitteycole
Yes It would be very hard but I would have to do it out of LOVE for her. (Believe me it would hurt).

xCharliex
what a heartbreaking situation for anybody to be in! :(

lans66
Rating
My partner and I have actually had this conversation and the answer is yes absolutely, because they are not really living, and not able to enjoy life. It is one of our requests, so neither of us could torcher the other by keeping them alive in that state.

Rating
very hard situation

mlgable
I could not personally do it and I am a nurse. If he was BRAIN DEAD TOO and they could show me in black and white aka via the x-rays or test results I could have someone else pull the plug in a heartbeat. I don't think it would be me pulling the plug though as I am not that strong..............let the nurses or docs do it. Hubby and I both have an agreement that if we end up in a brain dead situation they have to show us the proven test results and then go ahead and have the plug pulled.

Devikararawr
Rating
yes. to be honest.
i wouldnt want to see someone i love suffer like that.

Maz
Rating
I would as he himself wouldnt want to be like that. He would want to go with dignity.

�♥missblu7♥�
this is a hard one yes and no
yes because then they wouldn't be suffering any more
and no because they are a loved one and doing it would kill me

JanJan
Rating
if it was me paralysed from the neck down I'd want my partner to turn off the machine, but I honestly don't know if I could do it for him. I just hope I'm never in that situation

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy