Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Im trying to get rid of my swollen lip bye tommarow please help i dont know wat to do?
I GOT HIT IN THE MONTH YESTERDAY AND GOT STITCHES INSIDE MY LIP AND I NEED TO RID MY SWOLLEN LIP HALF MY BOTTOM LIP IS BIG AND THE OTHER IS SMALL PLEASE HELP IM SUPPOSE TO GO TO A FAMILY FUNTION TOMMA...

Does anybody know about the treatments for ingrown toenail and toenail infections.?
I have been suffering from thinckening of my toe nails and ingrown nails since football days and i really want to get rid of them now....

Is it true if you can walk on its not broken?
is it true if you can walk on its not ...

Bad ankle sprain?
Is it true that it is better to alternate between icing and keeping warm to help a bad ankle sprain heal better/faster?...

How much should I tip after getting a massage?

My daughter eye is pink all around it?
I looked up pink eye, but it's not the white of her eye that is pink. She was walking along a wall today tripped, and fell into some monkey grass type grass then started rubbign her eye. The ...

I keep getting bruises on my arm and probably legs. Whats wrong with me??
I get these bruises during my sleep. So far I have 4 bruises; 3 on my left arm 1 on my right arm. (I got them all in about 2 weeks)...

What does the symbol,#,stands in Medicine?

How can I stop grinding my teeth at night?
it's not just teeth- this morning I woke up with a painful cut in my mouth....

Swelling tips?
I hit my foot really hard on a metal pole( brilliant, I know) but anyway, I need to get the swelling down in the next two days or else I can't play in my game on wednesday.. any advice? I'...

What kind of injuries can you get from being hit by a car
I'm doing research for a story idea of mine and I don't want to go out and get hit by a car to find out. LOL! but the person in it has to go through a bunch of physical therepy....

Please please help!!! ?
help!?
ok, so yesterday i was visiting my grandma in the hospital, and we were leaving. so we went down the stairs to get to the parking lot and my shoes slipped and i felt right on my butt on ...

Do you think it's bad to...?
cut?...

Should I quit and walk out on my employer of they are pushing me to do things that ar detrimental to my health
I was in a rollover almost two years ago and got thrown out of the vehicle and suffered multiple injuries some of which i still suffer from today. I recently got hired as a night auditor at a hotel ...

If a well hung man has broken his back and been paralysed ... ?
what percentage of nurses would take advantage of the fact he can't feel anyrhing and have a play with his willy?...

What can make scabs go away very quickly?
I fell down today running for the bus and I tripped over the concreate step and scraped my knee to my ankle up very badly. It hurts. Theres a dance coming up and I want it to go away by then! thanks!...

I just swallowed a small chicken bone am i going to be okay?

Ok i know this is weird.......but help....?
ok so yesterday it rained.after it stopped raining(bout 5:30 pm)i went biking.and the breaks didnt work real well and i hit a concrete parapet wall.so i dunno how but i kinda flew o ver the wall and ...

Why did i black out today?
okay well idk if this makes any difference but im 14 yrs old.. anyways.. i woke up this morning and i was fine, i went outside on the patio where my mom was and was talking to her and all and then i ...

Would you rather be deaf or blind? and if you were which would be better from birth or later in life?

Asker
I stubbed my toe, and now it's black. Will it go away on it's own, or do I need to do something??
I think it's blood in there... there's a hint of dark dark dark maroon

Pizzazz<3
ya its probably blood. Try soaking it in Epsom salt, then ice. If that doesnt work, run hot hot water and put a wash cloth under the water and put it on the toe and squeeze. Hope I helped!

Shauna
Rating
that happened to someone i know, and it went away a bit but it's still a bit blackish. you should probably get it checked out.

Fast Papi
The black indicates trauma with subcutaneous hematoma - yes, it's blood :-)
There is little that can be done, or should be done, unless there are chances of complications from continued bleeding or obvious and serious fracture such as when the toe is pointing in a different direction than before, etc. The toe will heal by itself whether there is a fracture or not; more likely than not it is not fractured. You'll just have to bear it for a few days. It helps to tape the injured toe to the one next to it to limit its mobility; that's usually what they will do at the E.R.

bigchucka
Might be broke.

Kevin U
Rating
You may have a broken bone. I don't believe you can do anything except put a splint on either side of the toe to immobilize it and then wrap it with tape. Don't cut off the circulation. You must allow it to breathe in order for it to heal. Wear a loose fitting sandal or slipper on the foot when traveling. If you don't see any improvement in a weeks time, have a doctor examine it.

Maverick ®
Rating
It is blood under the skin layers below the nail. If it wasn't stubbed to hard, the nail will grow out the discoloration. If it was pretty hard, the nail will gradually fall off with a replacement nail. Nothing you can do.

Anonymous
Rating
My nail became bruised when it got crushed under a hockey stick. There was a large black spot on it. However, as days passed, it grew out as I cut my nails. If its similar to that, then it should just grow out. If it is almost completely black, it may actually fall out. That would be pretty painless and a new nail will grow back.

mitchell
that happened to me once
theres nothing a doctor can do
it will be there for quite a while like a long time and it is dried up blood you could try to cut the nail down to get to the blood but trust me all you will find is dried up blood and it will go away after a while!

Godzilla Gal
Rating
Take a pain reliever and use an ice pack . If you think it may be broken have an x-ray taken at a medical clinic . It may just be a soft tissue injury ... Could take a month or so to heal . Sorry to hear you got hurt , take care .

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, December 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy