Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What are signs of a broken rib?

If your partner ended up paralysed from the neck down and was kept alive by machines?
if they asked you to turn the machine off could you do it?...

Could I have a little sympathy please?
I've just fallen over in the garden and my knees hurt - owwww! No one here to sympathise, so I call on you out there in yahoo land. Ow again! (I hasten to add, I don't need first aid, just ...

My husband stepped on a rusted nail today, what Antibiotics are good for infection?
My husband fell off a ladder and landed on a rusted nail. The nail went through his shoe, in the ball of his foot and went in pretty deep, he thinks it hit the bone in his big toe or maybe a tendon. H...

Where is the oddist place u have been biten?
i have been biten on my chest it hurts i have put cream on it but it ...

I think my 2 month old pitbull leg is fractured, What do I do?

What should you do if you had an ingrown toenail?
i have had an ingrown toenail for about a week and it didnt start hurting until this morning when i woke up. what should i do 2 get rid of it or itleast make it stop hurting bcuz i have softball ...

Does pee cure a black eye?

How can I make bruising disapear quicker - I have a black eye!!! :-(?

Additional Details
I had a little clubbing incident for all of you that want to know!!! Thanks for the help by the way!!!...

What is your belly button?
I know your belly button is where the umbilical cord broke off, but what is the point of it? Can it be surgically removed without harm? Why are people so squeemish about them? Just for fun!...

Swollen newly peirced ears?
i had my ears peirced 3 weeks ago, 2 on my ear lobes and one at the top. a few days after getting them done the left bottom one swelled up. went down, with some extra cleaning and was no problem. ...

I have had water in my ear for 2 days?
will it come out by itself or will i need to go to doctor

can it do any lasting damage if i don't go to the ...

Help my dad might die?
my dad was riding his bike and sopemone backed out and hit him and he has to go to the emer room my mom just called to say i have to give the dog food and stuff and please tell me somethign i can do ...

I have cutting scars on my arm, and they are too noticable...?
I've stopped cutting and now regret that I ever did so much.
I really want the scars to fade but they wont I have about 6 of the most noticable scars on ym arm. Thats wht ppl see instead of ...

My Hand hurts, should I go to the ER?
I have a really sore, swollen and kind of bruised hand. Parts are black and blue.

It hurts to move so badly that i have resorted to just sitting and crying. It functions properly, so my ...

He's killing himself HELP!!!?
my best friend has a bloodclot on the bottom of his back. It hurts him so bad that all he does is sleep. Now is exspelled from school. I told him all he's doing is making it stronger by staying ...

Does it hurt worse to be stung by a jellyfish or a wasp?

Additional Details
I'm not talking irakundji (the deadly jellyfish), but I mean the sting in general, size of the sting being proportionate....

I this is weried but in surgery do the let you wear underwear?

Do I need a tetnus shot? drill bit injury...?
Okay, nice one -- I was drilling a hole and the drill bit wasn't in tight, the bit went at an angle into my finger. Traumatic, lots of blood and quite a hole, but I didn't hit bone, it ...

I cut myself for the first time...?
I did it for the first time ever today...and when i did it, i blacked out. I dont remember anything except looking at my bloody wrist...im scarred because i dont want to do it again....

Ryan T
I smashed the tip of my finger with a hammer and now the nail is falling off. Will it grow back?
I was not born to be a carpenter.

surfinthedesert
Rating
Nails never grow back. Once they fall off or are removed, that's it. Sorry.

sexii
yes, eventually!!

retiredslashescaped1
Rating
Yes, almost always. This is a real common injury among real men and real women who actually try to do things around the house or car. A nuisance but all will be well.

When it falls off, there should be a really small nail just forming by the root. It takes time to grow all the way out.

the_kid21186
Do not worry it will grow back but stay away from a hammer for the time being.

Valley R
Rating
yes, it will grow back

bunky 13
Rating
I did the same thing about 6 months ago and the nail did grow back -- it took awhile, but it did grow back. I smashed my big toe as well and the nail is almost totally grown back as well.

Jalena
Yes. Your nail will grow back.

When you shave, the hair grows back, right?
If you take a lighter and burn the hair off your arm, it grows back, right? (I'm not talking about 3rd degree burns)

When I was 7, I slammed my hand in a car door.

My index, middle finger, and ring finger all got smashed.
the nails came off after some time, and I got really scared.
My mom told me they'd grow back, but I didn't believe her.
After 2 or 3 months, it was as if it had never happened.

Don't worry.

As a matter of fact, My dad is a construction worker.
This spring, he smashed his hand with a hammer....lol
His middle finger was BADLY smashed....
Had to get a brace and all...
His nail came off, and now it's grown fully back like normal.

I promise you, you don't have to worry.
<3

free2praise76
Yes, it will. But it may take up to a few months. Be careful.

lilhotrod065
Rating
in time yes it will grow back, but dont play with it and keep it clean

imsoCOOL_bejealous
Rating
no.. if it was the whole finger nail then it wont grow back. if it wasnt then it will... that happened to my uncle...

sheeny
I think it should.

sher7us
Rating
Yes it should.

technical difficulties
yup, sure will.

hey maybe you can take a photo progression of it's process and put it up on youtube!

i would but i ain't going to mash my finger for it on purpose.

:D

pyg
Rating
yep. absolutely should.

choco_tears
No duh... -__-

kara
Rating
Yes it will grow back eventually, just give it some time.

przhm247
Rating
It Will grow back just fine! I lost my whole toe nail eventually.

ggmsixer
Rating
yeah,,actually its the new nail that starts pushing the old nail off. and the new one will be alittle weak at first until it toughens up.

go UCLA bruins!
Yes it will, unless you have cells that don't work properly. It'll heal eventually.

frog
Rating
it will grow back, but depending how bad you damaged the nail bed it may grow back a little messed up

wisrebel13
no your nail is permanety gone next will be the finger the hand arm ect ect

saucylatina
Rating
Unless you damaged the nail bed you should not see a different nail than the one you lost. Give it a couple of months and you'll be good as new.

OU812
Probably.

Geneddly
Yes I know how that feels. I've gone thru that too. Yes it will grow back it'll take time , but it will.

kehkohjones
Let it fall off by itself; it WILL grow back.

Precious Gem
Rating
Sorry to hear about your injury. Yikes! How painful. Yes, your
nail will grow back eventually. May I make a suggestion?
I realize this is too late, but in the future if you a hammering a nail
into something, try holding the nail with some pliers instead of
your fingers. Pliers won't swear it you accidentally hit them.
I saw this done on a craft show. I thought it was a clever idea.
I'm not much of a carpenter myself.

ashly
the nail usually grows back over 6-9 months,the old nail has been giving shelter to the new one in its early stages of growth, and the sequence of events that you describe is perfectly natural. It is important to have friendly footwear that doesn't put undue pressure on the toe – otherwise it might become in-growing. Later in the year, after a hot bath, when the nail has been softened and is approaching the tip of the toe once more, you can gently encourage the leading edge up and over any obstruction that appears in its way.

Jamie
It will but it will take along time

bizime
I lost my nail a few years ago. It took just about 6 weeks for it to grow back

tinka2u
Rating
Oh yeah, it should come back. There is a chance, though, that it might be malformed for the rest of your life. Maybe not.

mrsm72
Rating
Yes, it will grow back. Just be patient and keep it dry always.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy