Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

My friend just stuck a pin in my eye , and i cant open it, what should i do???
i cant tell anyone because then my friend would get in trouble. so what should i do? should i just wash it??iam scared tat i will go blind!!!! i took the pin out but now it wont open and alot of ...

Are you worried about dieing?

How can I break my toe or my ankle by in the morning? HELP PLZ!!!!!?

Additional Details
I have a huge paper due in the morning and I haven't completed it however my mom is going 2 make me go 2 school if it isnt broken. Can u please give me ...

I got run over this morning, i had a row with my mom and i am not saying, what it was about.?
the car was only going 10 - 20mph, the soles on my trainers came away and i slipped and lost by balance, the car didn't barely touch me, lucky enough the lady saw me otherwise i could of been ...

I'm embarrassed but?
I have real bad gas and not the burping kind.. I must have to pas gas 50 times a day if not more and not little farts either . Family members say it isn't normal to fart that often. and i'm ...

HELLLLLLLP MAJOR ACCIDENT PLEASe!?
Hi as i was riding to skool like many other days, i jumped a jerb and my wheel came off and therefore landed straight on my face lots of blood. Ambulence came and i was all stitched up and ready to ...

Can I get permanent scarring from cutting myself very lightly with a normal BIC razor?
Well I was in the shower and I was pretty angry, and this only the second time I've self harmed in my life. Anyway, I just basically made a lot of scratches on my skin with the BIC razor. The ...

Stingin hands form peppers HELP!!!!?
My hands are stinging, I cut up Jalipeno peppers up and like a idiot did not use gloves my hands are burning after about 15 hours please helps???...

How do you shower with a cast on your foot and calf?

Help...........?
my boyfriend got hurt during football practice his shoulder popped out and he was rushed to the hospital/er. When he gets there what is going to happen to him?...

How do you tell if hand is broken?
my ring finger and pinkie are deeply bruised there is a big bump above my ring finger and pinkie knuckles i cant feel my knuckles because of the bruise its kind of hard for me to type my other 3 ...

Dr. said my 3 yr old doesn't need a cast 4 a broken colarbone. Is that true? I'm afraid it won't heal right.

What type of Doctor do I need for a sciatic nerve problem?

Please HELP me!!!!! Bump on my forehead?
I have had this huge bump on my forehead for 8 years now and there is no wasy ni can get rid of it!!! please help me I'll give the best answers 10 oints or more just help me get rid of it. its ...

What injuries have you picked up from doing random things?
I broke both bones in my wrist in two places while falling off a rope swing into a stream....

My summer stinks !!?
So far my summer has been awful . I broke my leg horse back riding and now i cant do anything at all. Any ideas for something to do im gonna be on crutches for another like 4 or 5 months ....

I just got stitches wuts the best way to make them stop hurtin?

My tail bone?
okay i was in shop class and my friend thru my duotang on the ground so i went to get it and went to hop on my seat, well my friend pulled my seat away and i smacked my butt on a hard cement flooring....

How do I break my leg?
I don't want to swim in p.e. anymore & I know it would be messed up forever/ could mess up other things & im willing to deal w/ that cause i have arthrits so im used to it. But I really ...

How can i reduce swelling for a knee injury?(hot or cold)?
I tripped over a dog gate and knee first hit floor ...

breadbox
I smashed my fingernail. Now 25% of it is black near the base. Will I lose my nail?
Or will it grow out? If it grows out, how long will it take? What can I do to make it look normal again? Should I grab a pliers and pull it off? Does eating jello for gelatin make it grow faster?

Jeff W
This happened to me. You will lose your nail, but a new nail is growing underneath. You will be just fine.

amy l
yes

p v
Rating
No. I've done this. The blackness is coagulated blood. Unfortunately the black will slowly move to the end of your finger as the nail grows out. You really need to severly injure the root of the nail to have a chance of loosing it.

*Cara*
Rating
I've done that before and man did it hurt. The nail did fall off about a week after I smashed it. And it takes a very long time to grow back out, like six months. It still doesn't look quite normal but at least it grew back. There's not a lot you can do to make it look more normal other than covering it with a bandaid or something.

mom of 3
Rating
NO PLIERS PLEASE!! Yes, you will most likely lose it. I did a few years ago when the same thing happened to me. It takes about 6 months to look normal. Now I am careful everytime I shut a door.

TLigs
Rating
yep i did this too it will start to gorw witha large depression in it then you will see a new nail grow under that one after a couple of months ur new nail will be as good as new. make sure there isnt any blood building up in there. u will feel pressure but if there is u need to make a whole to eleviate it

Exoilfeildtrash
If ya just did it drill a small hole in the blood part and it should relieve the pressure and pain it may fall and it may not its done don't worry what it looks like.Also if ya loose it the next one will be a lil thicker I know lost many of um.Ought to take about 2 months.

Dizzy
Rating
When that happened to me, it took about 5 months for it to grow out and then it busted off when the bruising got closer to the end of my finger.

Kristi D
Don't pull or pick at the nail, it may not fall off, it just depends how deep the injury is. Gelatin never worked for me, but nails do grow stronger and faster in the spring and summer.

so out of conyrol
Rating
sorrry to hear about your finger. i know it had to be painful. i have had that done to me before also. depending how bad it is. the majority of people will lose there nail if not half of it.but dont get discourage. it will grow back. good luck

claireag
You may lose it. Depends on how bad the injury was. If it just grows out, it will probably take a few months, since it's at the base, so it has farther to grow. It should look normal eventually. Do NOT pull it off with pliers. Not only would that be EXREMELY painful, but you may risk further injury to your finger. Don't think jello will make it grow faster, but it may make it stronger.

greenenvy18
Rating
While generally I would say yes, my father recently smashed his thumb, and almost the entire thing was black, but he managed to keep his nail.

donnellobrien
Just let it heal. It will take time, but you needn't do anything more than keep it clean and protected. It will grow about 1/20th of an inch per week. Drinking or eating products with calcium will make stronger nails, but will not increase the speed with which they'll grow.

pleasethis2
Rating
you probably wont lose your nail but do nothing to mess up what u messed up already, my mom cut a hole in the nail near the center of the black part, the black part is blood, and the blood came out the the nail got infected and he need to see a doctor, it was long ago , he may have needed surgery, but today u cant tell which nail it was........ so either way u are ok.........

gmacwilliams
I smashed my nail last September. About half of it turned black and after a couple months a new one started growing in under the black one. The old one hung in there for a long time and completely pulled out from one side of my finger and was very loose; it would catch on things so I finally super glued it to the new nail which was still growing in under the old nail. I didn't pull off the old nail because I figured it served a purpose- it protected the end of my finger.
My new nail didn't grow completely in until about a month ago.
According to Dr. Dean of radio fame eating gelatin will not help your fingernail grow stronger, etc.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy