Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I hit my eye and it is bledding and now sweeling, me head is hurting what do i do?

Whats the worst accident or injury you've had?
I used to be really accident prone when I was younger!! It seemed like I spent most of my youth on a hospital ward!

My worst accident/injury was when I fell from a balcony on a three story ...

Would you be in the hospital long if you shot yourself in the foot with a rifle?
Okay my friend supposedly shot their foot by accident with a rifle and supposedly tore all of there ligaments in there foot...Would that person be released in less than one day to go home? It ...

Is a Broken ankle worse or a sprained one?
My teamate says its better to break your ankle rather than sprain it becuase it will come back stronger if you break it
Additional Details
Im asking becuase i sprained my ankle/foot,...

My kid swallows the chewing gum . is it ok ??

Who should I see about my scratched eye a Dr optician or pharmacist?
I scratched my eye on a stick and it is ...

OMG :: I have NO PEAS!!!?
This is regarding put peas on anke, checked i have no peas!

Will a bag of frozen parsnips do?...

How can i break my leg or arm?

How can i stop my head from hurting?
i fell off my skateboard and i hit my head on the ground ...

Freak injuries?
What freak accidents have you had?

1. I was cutting carrots for a Valentines Day dinner and I cut the end of my thumb off.

2. I was biking with my sister, and while I was ...

At 40 it's still acceptable crying because of physical pain?
Last week I slipped and broke my big toe against a concrete wall
Shocking pain! I wanted to cry but I thought it's undignified for a lady in her 40th and, with indescribable efforts I ...

My Eye Is Swollen.?
Ok. So I woke up this morning and my left eye really hurt so I kept it closed. When I opened it it had this crust on it. I looked in the mirror to find that it is Swollen. It's been about 4 ...

I have numbness, what does that mean?
I was ran over by a car a month ago and my leg was really bruised and swollen on my left shin and on the insides of my knees. It is still a bit swollen but it is also numb there. I have been to ...

This is getting way to serious!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so TERRIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
yes this a repost but there r mor details and its worse. i am 13. i fell off my bike two sundays ago and i scraped my knee. i am pretty sure its infected.
- where the scar's supposed to b ...

Epidurals for the lower back?
Does anyone know if epidurals used for lower back pain (herniated discs) are painful? Do you normally go under? Or is there just local anthesia used? I really need some serious answers and soon! :- T...

Ok my fiance was bitten by a wolf spider about 30 minutes ago.?
Should i put a tournuquet on her leg???...

Can you touch your toes?
I can not :-(...

I lost my big toenail over 3 months ago while playing softball, when will it grow back?
Sorry if this is gross, but i have a small, nasty looking piece of a toenail and it WON"T grow. is this normal? should i go see my doctor or will it eventually grow back?...

Anyone fimilar with this pain?
Starting yesterday i had sharp pains all over my stomach, last night they were so sharp i couldnt lay down. I was up at 5am this morning throwing up. Feel back asleep, up at 8 am with a totally ...

What wood you do if a child was hert?

Emy G
I have something in my eye and can't get it out! help?
I tried everything, I blinked a lot, held my eye open so it would dry out and I would cry, splashed water in my eye, squirted water in my eye, and tried to get it out with my finger! Whatever I do I can not cry! It's 10:18 p.m. over here and I am supposed to be sleeping but I can't sleep with this thing in my eye! Help me please!

Bassoon Guy
This is going to sound really weird....be very careful with this!!!
Get someone with a clean and moist tongue to pick it out with....that person's tongue....it kind of just sticks....I am not kidding...

Granny
you will have to go to your local hospital and go now

Emmarose
Rating
You're too far away, I can't reach

gsxr650
cant reach it sorry!!!

D D
Rating
is your eye watering ?
go to local hospital if its a scratch they can numb the eye and give anti biotic

wordskillreality
OK, here's an insane answer but it works. Light a cigarette and get smoke in your eye. It will make you tear up and the offending object will be "cried out." Or maybe try cutting up an onion; that should induce tears.

Another answer: it could be that you've just scratched your eye. THat can make it feel like something's in it. IN which case the obove two answers won't help.

Jacques
Look in a mirror and try to get it out.

jbm
go to a & e

Ashlea
your eye probably has a scratch on it. it will take a while for it to heal, sorry.

sweet one
Rating
Firstly do you know what is in your eye? If you cannot see anything obvious then it may be that you have a corneal abrasion (scratch on your cornea) which is irritating your eye. I would suggest you go to A & E and ask them to have a look. Even if there was something in your eye at one point it may have come out but scratched your eye causing irritation!
Hope your eye feels better soon

Beanbag
It is possible that you have shifted whatever was in your eye. You may find that you have now scratched part of your eye. It may feel as if something is still in there. Have you looked in a mirror to see if you can see anything? Try filling the basin or a bowl with water and put your face into the water and open your eyes. Ask somebody else to have a look while shining a light.

homemanager22
Rating
i hope your eye is feeling better now.

however i guess the GP could check or A+E or out of hours GP services

andrea
you probably scratched your eye while trying to mess with it so much, and now it will feel like you have a grain of sand under your lid all night. just try to leave it alone.

lei
Rating
Are you sure you have something in your eye? You may have scratched your cornea, in which case you need to get some ointment from your doctor.

bugaboo
Rating
Doctor..

Cy
Use a q-tip with saline solution or water on it and lift the eyelid out until you can get the q-tip in an lightly run the q-tip over where it's at and it should pick it up. I have to do this all the time when I get stuff in my eyes--I always use saline solution b/c I have contacts. It works well--something about the cotton helps it pick up.

Warrington Lass
Rating
You have probably scratched your cornea now hunny. try to get some sleep i know its hard with something annoying you. couldnt you wake someone up to help you. you maybe need to go to A And E but hopefully not. you could always go to 24hr tesco and get eye drops or wait till tomorow for something you never knwo u may wake up and it might be gone

MILLIE
dont mess about with your eyes they are so precious and the more you mess the worse they will be try getting hold of your top eyelashes and lid and pull it down over the bottom one then move your eye about while the top eyelid is over the bottom one then blow your nose if that dont work go to the local hospital you could have what is known as ark eye and will need it sorting out they will freeze your eye and remove the foreign body from your eye bit sore after but needs to be done they will freeze eye with drop good luck

Heathertogo
Rating
If you can't see anything in it, maybe its an inflamed vessel or something like that, if thats it, you just have to wait it out....the less you touch it the sooner it'll be better.

¸.•*¨)Sweet Sinner¸.•*¨)
Rating
Go to A+E!! I had an eyelash in my eye and tried to fish it out unsuccessfully with a cotton bud(stupid I know!) I eventually went to the hospital and they numbed my eye and got it out.But I'd scratched my eyeball and ended up with an infection.So get it checked out professionally :o)

psych_78
Its called an eyeball!! leave it alone!! Hehe!!

No but seriously, you may not actually have anything in your eye!! It may be possible that you have scratched the lining of your eye. This can make you feel like you have something in your eye! Stop agravating it and try to forget about!! Not easy but it is the only way!! If it persists after a few days then go to your doctor to get it checked out!!

laurachick
Rating
firstly try and relax, do not touch your eye as the likelyhood is that there is nothing in your eye and that you have actually scratched the surface. eyes tend to heal quite quickly when it is a small scratch so leave it well alone and go to sleep. if its worrying you tomo then go to the doctors. but hopefully it'll be ok in the morning!

anne b
if you havnt got a eye bath get egg cup half fill with water and hold your head back and blink you eye a few times if anything in will bring it out

gemzalvn
Go to hospital to the accident and emergency department. Don't try and do anything to get it out yourself as you can damage the lens which would be more painful. Go before you hurt yourself. Please.

George23
have you got any eye drops?this may help,
get someone to take a look at it

Figgy
Pull your top lid over your bottom lid, move your eye around inside the closed lids and the bit of grit should wash away,

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy