Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Why does my throat itch and feel sore when I eat fresh pineapple?

How did you break your arm or leg?
and was it realllllyyy painful.. ? or whatever you broke? I have never broke a bone and im scared lol
Additional Details
i broke my friends foot bone .. ekk.. that was on monday but he ...

What to do if someone gets acid splashed in their eye?

I spraigned my ankle 2 months ago and its still not better. What can i do to fix this?
i Spraigned my ankle 2 months ago however, 5 days after the injury played football with it and have done since! How can i make it better as it still hurts when i strike a football....

If you have broken a bone in your toe, is it still possible to move the toe?
It's my little toe ...... ouchies!
Additional Details
It hurts like a demon. I stubbed it as hard as it's possible to stub a toe into the toilet door....can't walk ...

Who will be intrested on a story about health care hospital on what they did and let happen to my child.?
how can i let the public know what is happening in hospitals what they let happen in surgery.
Additional Details
basically look on the GMC medical trails dated 26 june 2006 mr mantides ...

What do I do if I dislocated my shoulder?
I was skiing today and fell and landed on my shoulder (I was skiing on ice by the way). I felt it pop out of its socket. I rolled around on the ground in pain for about 2 seconds and felt it pop back ...

Dropped a computer on my foot. It bled a little bit and is now slightly bruised and swollen. What should i do?
I was carrying my computer to move it to a different table, but it slipped out of my hands and fell on to the top of my foot. I cant really touch it because of the pain, and it is very slightly ...

I HAVE A PEANUT BUTTER JAR STUCK in my bum ?!?!?
I slid it in with ky but I can't get it out it really hurts what do I do. i can't go to the er becuase im embarrassed? someone help ...

Bruised ribs?
I bruised the ribs in my back on Tuesday night and the pain is excruciating when i move around or take a deep breath. Anyone else had this or have any info/ideas.....

What would causes someone to black out behind the wheel while driving?
A friend of mine has blacked out twice in the last 2 years behind the wheel. The first time she black out she ran over a mail box and this last time she blacked out and hit a building with her car. T...

Is it true?
Is it true that your more likely to break your ankle or arm when its asleep
Additional Details
I'm not trying to like my teacher was talking about it today and i was ...

What is the worst injury you have ever got?
My niece fell on a chopped down tree and got a branch in her stomach once. the wound after her operation was like an open mouth! It was Yucky....

Bruises???
Okay right when you get a bruise, are you suppose to rub it so it will go away,, or is it true if you rub it, it will get into like a blood clot.... I get bruises all the time bc im pale and enemic ...

I've just twisted my ankle quite badly and I have an important golf match on Sunday -what can I do?

What`s the word when stubbing your Toe,?

What kind of doctor should I go to see about a problem with a sciatic nerve?
I want to avoid the bs of going to a GP so I was thinking maybe I should go to a sports doctor or something along those lines. Let me know what you think. Thanks....

My belly button leaks foul liquid, and when this happens i have sharp pains around my belly button,?
when what evers doing this when it pops itmakes my mouth tingle and my tounge goes ...

What's the WORST. . . ?
...pain you've ever been in before in your life? What caused it and how did you react?

Also, how old were you then?...

Why can't you sneeze with your eyes open?

tragiclovexx
I got hit in the nose...how long until the swelling goes down?

Additional Details
noooo it's actually from cheerleading during a stunt...
but it's not swelled on my nose, it's on the right side right next to my nose, mostly on my cheek and i have a black eye on my right eye.

John Chalinder MT USA GMT -7
Broken Nose
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
A small fracture of the bone in your nose will usually heal in about a month. A really bad break may need surgery after the swelling is gone.

Causes
Any blow to the nose can cause a break. The injury is typically sustained during athletics or in a fall.

Signs/Symptoms
Swelling, pain, bruising, and bleeding can be expected. Your face may feel numb or tingle. If the break has pushed the bones out of place, the nose may seem out of shape.

Care
If you have a bad break, many emergency rooms order an x-ray, and surgery may be necessary. X-rays often fail to detect a nasal fracture, so your physician may delay them for 1 to 4 days after the injury, or until the swelling has gone down. Often, an x-ray is not even needed and a fracture can be diagnosed on physical examination. If skin was scratched or torn during the accident, you may also have to get a tetanus shot as well have the laceration repaired.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
Apply ice to the injury for 15 to 20 minutes each hour for the first 1 to 2 days. Put the ice in a plastic bag and place a towel between the bag of ice and your skin.
When you lie down, rest your head on 2 or 3 pillows so it is above the level of your heart. This will help reduce pain and swelling.
Always take your medicine as directed. Over-the-counter medications may be taken for pain.
If you are given a tetanus shot, your arm may get swollen, red, and warm to the touch at the injection site. This is a normal reaction to the medicine.
If you are given a splint for your nose, try to keep it dry and do not remove it until your doctor gives the go-ahead.
You may be allowed to take the splint off to shower. Ask your doctor whether this is okay.

http://www.drsinha.com/broken_nose.htm

brokEn_Doll
Rating
may be one day!
u can try salt with water to reduce it soon!
cold water also works
good luck!

The Lama
Are you Marsha Brady? Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!

Kat
put an ice pack on it..the swelling will go down in a few hours it works for me : )

crush
Rating
ice...

Mac Boswell
Well if you got the black eyes too, that will take a week or so to go away.Sorry

Q cumber
Rating
it's possible that you broke the cartilage, it's very delicate.

DC
Rating
ice it up and the swelling should go down in several hours...

S0oFreSSh
Put ice on it =D maybe 2 days

Hooligan
Rating
marsha marsha marsha!

♥♪Little Miss Know-it-All♥♫
one word : Ice!! Ice, ice,ice,ice,ice,ice,ice,ice!!!!! It will go down much quicker if ice is on it. Maybe it will take a few hours or 20 minutes or a day. Depends.

inspector4homes
Use Ice, some more ice and when you can't take it anymore...put some more ice on it. That is the only way to keep the swelling down. The swelling should go down in a few hours. I'm sorry about your injury.

MAN ON A MISSION
Rating
ice on for 15 min, ice off for 10, then ice in for 15 repeat until swelling comes down. if black circles form under your eye(s) your nose is broken, I would also recconend using frozen peas, or corn instaed of ice packs or cubes, they don't melt and will form fit the nose more comfortably!

hanksimon
Rating
Get a bag of frozen peas or vegetables to use as an ice pack. If it is just your nose, then it may look worse tomorrow, but should be much better in 48 hours.... keep the ice on it, for as long as the ice doesn't hurt.

If you have bruising, such as black eyes, the swelling will still go down in about 48 - 72 hours, but the bruising may not go away for about 4 - 6 days.

Some Person
a couple of days tops, unless u really got nailed and u broke ur nose. if u broke it it might be a while

coffee
Rating
Depends on how bad the initial injury was. I had a hit on the nose and eye which took abou t 10 days to get back to normal.

n_garcia83
Rating
Hooligan..............................LO... I swear I was going to say the same thing!

Wait it out a couple of hours. Be sure to put plenty of ice on it. Good luck!

sharmel
Rating
Awww, your poor dose. I dote doe how long before the swelling goes dowd. I depeds od how bad you got whopped. But all will be well eventually, and you'll have an amusing story to tell your children some day.

DNA
if it is broken then it will take some time otherwise it will go soon.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy