Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How can i tell if my toe is broken?
about 10 min ago i was going to take my contacts out, but when i went to hop over a pile of stuff on my floor, my big toe hit an etch a sketch, but i thought it was just another injury. but i couldnt ...

How can you break your arm on purpose?
I need to know how to break my arm on purpose..... I'm only 13 so I don't need help!!!...

What cures a VERY bad sore throat?
I just got my nose done and they had to put a tube down my throat which caused me to have a SUPER soar throat! IT's been three days and I can still hardly swallow water. I've been using ...

How do i stop feeling like this?
feel down and peed off all the time i cut my wrist due to this i see a councoller but it still is hard to smile any advice ...

What's the best thing to put on a burn spot?
I burnt my leg on the hot exhaust pipe of a motorbike on sunday..so what's the best thing to put on it..I've been using honey, but i've heard suggestions like putting butter on it or ...

How can I tell if my wrist is broken or sprained?
I fell on my right wrist twice in football, and now, it has less mobility than my left wrist. I don't want to go to a doctor just yet, but besides icing it, is there anything else I should do?...

Is it really possible to die from being bitten by another human?
A couple of people told me it could kill me. Now someone has bitten me....long story. But yeah is it possible for me to die now?
Additional Details
Everyone is asking so...my friend and I...

What do the doctors do to fix a broken rib?

I have a freshly (well 10..) open wound thats a lil deep... should I put salt on it?
I enjoy fightng with my dog. s I get him mad and then we fight. and he bites REALLy hard. so I have like... 16 small, and large wounds. and now I have some new. shoudl I put salt on t or just keep ...

I think I broke a bone in my hand?
ok so, I had a peice of furniture fall on top of my hand, It hurts sooooo bad, but, i am not 100% sure its broken..... there is a bit of swelling, and I can move it in certain directions, I CANNOT ...

Dog's Wrist may be broken, advice urgently needed...?
Okay, I'm not quite sure if his wrist is broken, but my beagle has been experiencing serious trouble walking, lately. The wrist of his front right leg is swollen and hurts to the touch, and when ...

How do you kno if your toe is broken?
and if it is broken what do they do to fix ...

My back........................
My lower back really hurts when I try to stretch or do sit ups?

Cause and how do I get rid of it?

(In pain)...

What was some of the worst injuries u have gotten?
I have broken my color bone, have gotten attacked by a dog, and i have fallen down a mountain on roller blades in new hampshire not lying, will have a pic of my injury in a few
Additional D...

I just hit my pinky toe with a hammer?
it did'nt break though and i hit it pretty hard
does it crack when you break it?
its all red and kinda swolen but i dont think its broken
Additional Details
it didnt ...

My head wont stop!?PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!?
Everytime i stand up my head pounds really really bad but its only when i stand up and after i have stood for about five minutes it wont hurt anymore but everytime i stand up its excrutiating.........

I need to find some exercises for my left hand due to an accident I had?

My dads feet swollen cant hardly walk what could this be?he also has poor circulation?

Do you put cold or heat on a sore knee, maybe a pulled ligament?

I am still aching from the Gym 2 days ago!?
I started going to the gym, last time I went was 1 year ago.

I worked out for about an hour at the gym 2 days ago, I am still aching from it though! >=)

Should I go again ...

stone_angel11
I got bitten by a wild field mouse this morning,that my cat had brought me.the drs cant fit me in till friday?
i have to have a tetanus jab,as it broke the skin. my cat is always bringing me mice,but this one was still alive so i carefully picked it up to stop her killing it. the ungrateful little sod bit me,lol.
am not up to date with my tetanus jab so have to have one,they cant fit me in until friday. will it be ok to leave it that long? or should i go up to the A&E and get it done sooner. i have a very weak immune system so am worried that i could get sick. i washed the bite immediatly with anti bacterial hand wash several times. is it safe to leave it that long?. would appreicate some kind genuine advice please. thanks to all who take the time to answer xx

juology
go to A&E

Chris E
Rating
wild animals can carry a lot of different bacteria. maybe you should go to the e.r.

blair
You need to go to the Emergency Room for an evaluation as soon as possible.

Many animal mouths contain the deadly staff virus and there is also the concern of rabies to contend with. If you have not had a tetanus shot recently you will need to have one of these as well.

This summer I was bitten by a stay cat and had to battle infection from the bite. I also had to take rabies shots too. I wrote an article about it. Heres the link if your interested but please, go to the doctor and do not wait.

Bite Results in Painful Rabies Injections as Precaution
http://decenturl.com/associatedcontent/bite-results-in-rabies

*~*taraaucoin*~*
Rating
OMG I got the same thing!!Except mine was a rat and my fingernail fell off!But it grew back of course and you should put proxide or cream on it FAST!

tabitha
Rating
yes, go to a&e for a tetanus jab, it's not worth risking your health

bymearose50
Rating
You should call your Dr. back and explain to them how important it is to see the Dr. today. Bites from animals are not anything to mess around with esp. wild ones. If they refuss to work you in go to E.R. or to another Dr.

grodno
Rating
Some surgeries will see you if you are prepared to wait, but I should go to A&E they will attend to it for you.

blue dolphin
Just go up to your local Accident and Emergency hospital or walk in centre. they will give you the Tetanus jab.

¸.•*¨)Sweet Sinner¸.•*¨)
Go to A+E. Don't wait until friday. They may want to give you antibiotics too. My fiance had to have some after he got bit by our dog.

Or give NHS Direct a ring 0845 4647

lilmissdisorganised
Rating
I would phone the doctors back and explain to them. They should try and fit you in. If they can't at least ask for the doctors advise on how urgent it is. Alternately you can phone nhs direct and ask the advice of one of the nurses there. The same thing happened to me a few years ago, but I didn't get mine done and it was fine.

Its coming to something when you have to give 3 days notice to see a doctor!

oh geez
I'd go to the hospital right away. Even if you have to wait for awhile in the waiting room at least it'll be taken care of today. Good luck!

bluedot
go to the ER...better safe than sorry ...especially if you have a weak immune system

Cari
Do you have an NHS walk-in centre near you? If so, that's your best bet. You can check on the NHS Direct website by typing in your postcode.

If you don't have one nearby then go to A&E. I definitely wouldn't leave it until Friday - you say that your immune system is weak; well, even if it was normal I wouldn't leave it that long.

hecarte_1
Apologies for this stupid reply but it was the first thing that popped into my head :)

Spiderman became a superhero after being bitten by a spider...

Hope you smiled Mousewoman :)

ms sensible
Rating
A&E today.

randyandy_uk
You should have a tetanus shot as soon as possible, go to A&E, have the bite checked immediately in case of any infection. It is never safe to leave a wild animal bite as they can carry various different diseases and bacteria. The small risk that the animal is carrying Lockjaw especially if your tetanus immunisation is not up to date, a ten year booster is advisable, the disease is particularly nasty, link below.
Be safe and go to A&E immediately
Andy

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy