Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How do you make it stop?
Oh my gosh!!! Seriously it is the most annoying thing ever. My eyes have been doing this thing for the past couple of months where they will randomly twitch.

What causes an eye to twitch? ...

How do i fake injury?
how do i fake a really really sore ankle or actually half break it. I need to know I NEED to get out of winter inter school sports. Because everyone always laughs at me. Oh and i want it to kind of ...

Help Me this is serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
My knee has been hurting me for about three weeks now. I first noticed it when I was playing in a softball game and I slid into second base. The next day it hurt very bad. And every day it has been ...

How do I know if this is a paper cut?! NEED HELP FAST PLZ?
I cut myself on paper and it huuuuuuuuurts
WHAT DO I DO?! please ...

Where can i brake my arm?
I had a bet with my friend that whatever experiences he goes through, i do too. He broke his arm a month ago and now im thinking about honouring our deal. Any ...

VERY mysterious question! please help!?
I was with my friends one staurday night, way later in the
evening, say 11:00 pm - 2:00 am, and we were walking on the sand right on the beach. My friend was walking closest to the water, when ...

If i were to hit someone around the head with a melon would it hurt?

Ok ouch! i have a cut?
i got mad becuz i didnt wanna g2 skool in the morning, and my dad said i had to go
i started arguing
but it ended up with me getting really mad
and taking my hand and slamming it into ...

10 POINTS TO BEST AnSWER!!!?
ok i dont know what it is and I am not a doctor but you can hopefully help.
ok in december i really felt tired all the time and I had pain in my bones. I would sleep most of the day, however to ...

My gf says that only whimps go to the hospital, but I think I've broken my finger. What should I do?
She used a lot stronger word than "whimp".
Additional Details
It's starting to change color a bit....

Ive just had my legs amputated this afternoon and was wondering what to do with all my shoes. Any suggestions?

I smashed the tip of my finger with a hammer and now the nail is falling off. Will it grow back?
I was not born to be a carpenter....

Is its true that if you slice up patatos and put them around your arm you can break your arm(pls read details)
I heard from somewhere that if you slice patatos and put them allll over your arm and wrap it in cloth and leave it there for 24 hours then wack your arm againest somthing it will be a pain free ...

When you get a cut, what do you do to make it heal?
A regular cut takes a very long time to heal completely. What should I do? I want it to heal fast. And yes i do eat a lot of fruit so i have enough vitamins.
When my hamster bit me 2 weeks ago, ...

Can anyone figure out whats wrong with me?
i dont really know how to describe it but basically my head somethimes feels like its guna explode and feels really tight, like if i bend over to pick something up of the floor it really hurts, it ...

Have you ever had an accident at work?
I did today, tripped over a hoover, and fell on top of my work mate, I hurt her back, and i have a bruise on my leg, but it is recorded in the accident book, we had a good laugh about it!
A...

Can you break a bone in your hand if you punch a wall?

I've got the same pants on as I had on yesterday....is this really bad for me?

My friend sat on a toilet at work, and it collapsed...?
it fell with her on it, shattered everywhere, and she is sore from the fall, but not cut(luckily)... does she have a case???...
im not sure where to catagorize this one......

Ive burnt my little finger how do i stop it hurtin so much?
its in a cup of iced water at the moment but wen i take it out it ...

adamkukoc
I got bit by a dog. What are some of the symptoms I might have if the dog has rabies.?

vasu
Rating
i think your activities slightly changes to that dog..............

destructinforceguy
well go to a doctor... but that is not a good idea but no if the dog had fur missing you know the white stuff... and lets not forgetthe bats have rabies too maybe you might die but you wont

DesignR
Rating
Well if you got bit more than 3 days ago and dog IS positive for rabies, you're in trouble. Almost always 100% fatal after it gets past the 3 days stage of incubation.

whateva
i would go to the doctors and ask them!! they could tell you!

Linnie
Please please go to the emergency room!

chickenlil7000
Oh dear......well, if you are in the process of contrcting rabies from a dog bite you may not know for acouple of weeks. Then you may start running a fever, hallucinations, feeling lethargic behaving in an odd manner etc etc. If you got bit by an unknown dog you need to talk to the owner. If the owner if uncooperative then call the ani,mal control officer in your area and they will handle it.

Wishee
Rating
Frist,did you report this to the police? Was it your fault? Is this dog going to bite someone again? Has the dog had all it's shots? These are the questions you need to be asking first. Now if you want the symptoms for rabies,use the internet.

lsenn
You best see a doctor right away. I have heard once symptoms start to occur that you are dead without falling over yet.

sandy62_37
Foaming at the mouth

celine8388
Rating
The first symptoms of rabies may be non-specific flu like signs- malaise, fever , headache which could last up to 4 days. There maybe discomfort at the site of the exposure which could progress within days into cerebral dysfuntion..anxiety ,,,confusion,,,agitation..and delirium,abnormal behavior, hallucinations and insomnia. A rabies bite if not treated could be fatal

GIR
Sickness or going crazy.....craving burritos...foaming at the mouth......craving burritos

-ZIM

SuNsHiNe
Rating
You will get rabies and if not treated you could die.

evilxevelyn
Well, find the dog's owners, or tell the pound what dog bit you and they can test it for rabies.

starting over
Go to the emergency room! You need a tetanus shot. Antibiotics proably would not hurt. If you do not know the dog, you will need shots for rabies.

No doubt. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again!

Alex Trabexk
I hope you realize that "Rabies" is fatal. As in you could die cause it will eat your brain. (Seriously) The dog that bit you could be tested, then you'd know. However if the dog is not available you will need to undergo a series of shots the make sure you are not at risk. Get the dog that bit you and get to the doctor ASAP. You could die by the time you have symptoms. Didn't you see Old Yeller?

chiquita958
If u don't know if the dog has rabies or not and u don't know the dog u need to go get your rabies shots NOW!!!!!!!

Valkyrie
you would be afraid of water.

tabs
Rating
Don't wait for symptoms, go see a doctor immediately! Most dog bites lead to infections so you're going to need an injection (Tetanus) and most probably antibiotics.

loligo1
A short period of mental depression,
Restlessness,
Abnormal sensations such as itching around the site of
Headache,
Fever,
Tiredness,
Nausea,
Sore throat, or
Loss of appetite.
Stiff muscles,
Dilation (enlargement) of pupils of the eye,
Increased production of saliva, and
Unusual sensitivity to sound, light, and changes of temperature. >>>>>>>BUT>>>>>
1. Do not wait until you have symptoms
2. Get the wound treated by an MD [health provider]
3. You may require antibiotics.
4. Call the police and identify the dog.
5. Find out if the dog has had it's rabies shot.
6. If the dog has not had a shot go back to the MD and tell him what happened.
7. You will be inoculated against rabies.
8. Present the owner with all the bills.

thale138
rabid use of yahoo answers

mojomuppet
where is the dog?your gonna need to know if its shots are up to date. if they are not then he needs to be watched for a few days at a vets i think maybe the spca.if the dog shots are not up or you cant find the dog you need to get a set of shots to make sure you dont get rabies it is very painful it curves your spine and will kill you so take it serously.dont wait go to docs or call the er and find out how soon you need those shots

Willy S
Rating
The dog will be foaming at the mouth!

http://www.total-knowledge.com/~willyblues/

tinkersfolly
Rating
restlessness,itching,headaches,fever,mal... throat, decreased appetite,irritability,stiff muscles,pupil dialtion,increased saliva,drolling,sound sensitivity,light sensitivity,temperature sensitivity.

spottedpuppytoes
Rating
...Foaming?...

aleandan
Rating
If it was a stray dog, dont take the risk..go for the injections immediately. If it was a friends or neighbours dog and one which is been taken to the vet regularly, just check whether the dog is showing any symptoms as foaming of the mouth. Otherwise, it should be fine. If the bite wound is skin deep make sure that you take a tetanus shot atleast! Good health!

CHRISTOPHER COX
Rating
This website had very useful information regarding dog bites:

http://www.fpnotebook.com/ER5.htm

There are various potential infections that can result from a dogbite, but primarily the main concern is rabies.

pherypher
Rating
foaming at mouth

pghmarty
Rating
If you wait for symtoms it is too late.
Was the dog crazy or did you do something that would cause a normal dog to bite?
Clean the wound with peroxide then apply an antibiotic cream and bandage.
Leave dogs alone.

H
Rating
if the bite broke the skin then go see a doctor just in case. it is not only rabies you have to be concerned about

oh, yes!
Click on the link, it lists symptoms in dogs and then in humans. I hope you reported this. Generally the dog will be picked up and then monitored. It is important you see a doctor and see what they would recommend. Another concern would be general infection stemming from the bite if it is not cared for properly. Take care of yourself!

RN MSN
Most people first develop symptoms of pain, tingling, or itching shooting from the bite site, fevers, chills, fatigue, muscle aches, and irritability.
Gradually, you will become extremely ill, developing a variety of symptoms, including high fever, confusion, agitation, seizures, coma, and eventually death.
You MUST find out if the dog has been vaccinated, the police can help you. And you MUST get to an Emergency Department NOW!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy