Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How much pain can you take.. Whatever causes it. from -0 to +10?

Additional Details
Mind over matter....

How do I stop cutting my wrists?
I'm 15 and I been cutting my wrists for about 8 months and now I can't stop. I do it when i get sad or depressed which is pretty often. I've tried seeing a counselor but it only helped ...

Dont call me stupid or i need help but how do you brake your arm my arm?
my arm is really sore and its clicking i went to the hospital and they said theres nothing wrong with it and i cannot move it please help me brake my arm ...

I stopped smoking 9 days ago i have lots of questions?
ok i smoked 10 -15 a day since i was 12.
Since i stopped ( cold turkey no patches etc) ive noticed
A,harder to get to sleep
B,hot flushes
c, I can't stop eating which i'...

Should I be ashamed?
Since I was younger I've had a long scar running down the side of my face from an accident. Also I have scars from my more dangerous (let alone unexperienced) skateboarding days.

I�...

How can i make myself sleepy?

If you had broken your leg and your foot was itching how could you scratch it when you have a cast on?
Just interested to what you would do........

How to get rid of a hickie fast?
my boyfreind gave me two relly bad hickies like i had a vacuum attack me lol but i was wondering how to get rid of them ...

Define loneliness for you?

Pray for my son?
My son Troy is in the hospital because of a car wreck. He is only 10! It happened yesterday,right now he is doing okay but I just ask everyone to please pray for him! Thanks guys!
Additional D...

I hit my head very hard and now I am keep falling asleep but I'm not tired?
What is wrong with me?
Additional Details
I dad have a concussion, I also have a cracked skull. : P I ahve to back for a CAT scan tommo. They have to take precautions because my brain is ...

Could my foot be broken?
i stood on a stone now cant walk on my foot so ...

Have you ever got anything stuck in any of your orifices?
I once got a little green bead stuck right up my nose. It made me cry because my nose started bleeding. The doctor took it out with a giant pair of tweezers....

MY FriendS EYE FELL OUT!! WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Why don't birds get electrocuted when they sit on pylons?

If you had to be knocked out, how would you like it to happen?

I need help men only !??
I hurt my privates playing rugby, I expected the pain to leave but it's been a week and the pain seems to be getting worse. It feels like it's inside like a tube or something.

P...

Heal cutting scars/cuts faster?
~How can I make the scars go away?
~How can I make the cuts less noticeable?
~If possible, how can I prevent the cuts from scarring?
I have them on my hips, arms, and ankles, if you ...

Hurt my knee at work , heat or ice ?

How can I hide my cuts?
I used to cut myself. I'm trying to stop... but Iam going to an event Friday that requires no sleeves. I have marks still on my arm, and I've been using neosporin to try to heal them faster....

alexfashing
I cut myself for the first time...?
I did it for the first time ever today...and when i did it, i blacked out. I dont remember anything except looking at my bloody wrist...im scarred because i dont want to do it again.

cc
Rating
that was dumb

justin r
Rating
y did u cut ur rist???

ask me ?
Rating
So did you enjoy it? There's actually other ways to get attention, be more positive. Do something that'll impress your parents or family, not depress them. PLEASE GET SOME PROFESSIONAL HELP.

hi peeps
Rating
please dont cut urself. it doesnt really solve anything but giving u scars. r u upset or depressed about anything? if so, u dont need to cut urself. there iz help out there. if u r too embarrassed or whatever to tell anybody, then look for stuff online. there r a lot of things online that can help u. also, i dont know if u already do, but try finding a church. not just any church, but a good, bible believing church. before i started going to my church, i was constantly thinking about suicide and crap like that. theni started going to church and felt loved. sadly, i cant guarantee that at every church, but if u can find a good loving church, it is so helpful.

sarahmuaaz
Cutting" is a serious and dangerous condition that should be taken seriously, and not ignored. The following tips might help you stop the cycle, but if you feel you need professional help, then do not be ashamed to seek it! In addition to steps you can take towards self-healing, you'll also find a list of helpful sites.
Steps 1
Keep a hotline number with you at all times. When you feel the urge to cut, pick up the phone and call the hotline. Crisis Hotline staff are trained to provide support and offer you alternatives to cutting yourself. However, you should remember that a professional crisis clinician will be clear that it is NOT his or her job to "talk you out of" cutting yourself - you make your own choices, and you must take responsibility for cutting or not cutting. Do not be ashamed to ask for support when you need it, as this affliction affects people from all walks of life.
Remove cutting tools from your immediate area. If you have to take the time to look for something with which to cut yourself, you may find you have just given yourself enough time to deal with the impulse.
step2.
Scars remain foreverIdentify the 'trigger' that gives you the urge to cut. The moment you have the urge to cut, stop and think of what has just occurred. Remember it and try to avoid these situations! When they do occur, try to create another outlet. Walk away, eat ice cream, take a shower or bubble bath, go out for a jog, go for a swim, call a friend for coffee at the local coffeehouse but do not cut.
As soon as you feel the urge to cut yourself, take a deep breath, fold your arms, close your eyes and relax. Tell yourself that you are not going to cut. If possible, lie down somewhere. Stay like this until the urge goes, then quickly phone a helpline or use another means of getting help.
Find another way to vent. Cutting is a way to release some type of pain or frustration. Try painting, writing about your feelings, singing, dancing, playing an instrument, or playing a sport. Try anything you can (as long as it's legal and healthy) to stop the urge to cut.
Release the pain without cutting by using your voice. Talk to someone--a doctor, teacher, friends, your parents if you can. You will be surprised how relieved you will feel after you talk about it. If you chose a doctor or a counselor, they can get you the help you need to heal the underlying cause. Speak out loud about what is causing you so much pain. Talk about it - even to yourself, in the privacy of your bedroom. Yell or scream - anything to release the tension inside of you - but do not cut.
Help yourself by imagining that you are your best friend. If she was just about to cut herself, what would you say to stop it?
Try snapping elastic bands on your wrists. Rubber bands can be used to give that sharp shot of pain you get from cutting, without being dangerous to your health. (Note: wider rubber bands can leave marks which eventually fade away but not for a day or so.) You can also try holding an ice cube against your wrist, and/or drawing on your skin with red marker. The ice will hurt, but it will not cause any real damage. Note that while this helps some cutters, for other cutters it triggers thoughts which encourage cutting. In addition, it does not eliminate the drive for self-harming behavior and therefore some people recommend against using this technique at all. It is listed here only as a temporary alternative to more damaging activities.
Recognize that cutting is just the symptom of a root problem. Follow the above steps to stop yourself from cutting, but also seek help from a doctor, parent, or counsellor to address the deeper problems that make you want to cut in the first place.

Tips
Ask your guidance counselor if your school has a weekly group session. If they do, join it, it will help you make it through your situations and tough times. If your school doesn't have a group, then start one by talking to your school counselor about starting a group to be held after school. If you are not in school, you can start a group yourself or find an existing group locally usually through local crisis centers and clinics. You can place printed ads in your school and in public places. This in itself can be therapeutic.
If going to a group session in "real life" seems like too much for you, you can join forums or cutters groups online to help you.
If you cannot stop yourself from hurting yourself, make sure you use clean blades to prevent infection, and take good care of the wounds by cleaning them.
If you have no one to talk to, get a tape recorder and talk into it. The pain will be released, and you might not need to cut to feel relief. You can also release your feelings by writing poetry or raps, painting, or other art forms.
Cutting is as much an addiction as smoking or alcohol. Stop it one day at a time, or one moment at a time. Give yourself time and determination to stop.
Your cutting may stem from a natural inclination to deal with stress in a physical way. Turn this into a good thing by exercising or cleaning the house when stressed. Not only will you feel better about yourself, you will feel great about the weight you lost, muscle you gained, room you just cleaned, or the bathtub you just scrubbed.
If you cut yourself out of a need to take control of your appearance, try drawing on yourself with washable markers. Draw the war paint you need to do battle against your sadness.
You may want to look up a twelve step program like Self Mutilators Anonymous, or a support group and see when and where they meet in your area.
If someone you know is cutting themselves, it is important that you reach out to them and help them find out what led them down the road to cutting in the first place.
Talking to another person is the best way to get help, but if you do not feel comfortable with that try journaling about your feelings.
Think about how it will affect your relationships with others.
Think about whether or not this is where you want to be 10 years from now.
If you have stopped cutting, and would like to hide the scars, buy theatrical makeup, in a color close to your skin, and use it when you wear short sleeves. I know for a fact that this works.
When you have stopped, and find that the school teachers or students make fun of you, I would suggest that you speak to a Counsellor, and ask her to assist you in starting a Cutters group at school. I am sure that there are many more, who are trying to hide the fact.
One of the best ways to vent anger is to take up a martial art. Karate, Jeet Kun Do, Judo, Ju-Jitsu... Any form of physical martial art will do.

Warnings
Self-mutilation can lead to infections and permanent scars.
Cutting is dangerous. It is NOT out of the realm of possibility that you may accidentally hit an artery and possibly bleed to death.
The visual effects of the cuts could inflict pain on the people you love such as friends and family.
Cutting is often addictive.
People love you, both friends and family. You need to go to at least one of them and tell them what you are going through. It will be the first step you will take on the road to feeling better.

p.s i hope i have answer your question and if you need some one to talk to you can e-mail me. sorry for the long notes i really hope it help you stop cutting...

ginger13
You have a phobia to seeing blood. Go see your doctor to run some tests and he can also recommend professional counseling.

DayCandy!
Rating
Dont cause you'll do it agin, then you might like it. and its not a drug so you'll reallly like it. and your addicted like a ******* meth addict. and you just start to lose control. if you dont want to do it again. DONT. it'll **** you up emotionally, and you'll have really shitty scars on your arm

Movie writer(and Novelist)
Rating
Why the heck did you do it? Are you crazy or what?

Kayla
This isn't really a question, but I'll sympathize with you anyway because it looks like you just wanted someone to talk to. Have you told anyone else? Anyone who cares about you? That should probably be your first step. It's a good thing that you don't want to do it again! If you are not feeling better soon, I'd advise professional help. You might have depression that can be treated with medication. Good luck with everything!

brookesingsalways
Rating
ok ??? so why did you do it to begin with ??? do you have a problem with depression or do you just enjoy the pain ??? maybe you should seek some help. do you have anyone you could talk to ? I will be glad to talk if you need someone just to listen email me anytime.

Rageling
Rating
Then don't. If you didn't enjoy it then there is no reason to do it again.

GORDO BLAKHART
Rating
THEN DON'T! RUN TO YOUR DOCTOR AND GET SOME HELP! Nobody out here can help you and you are obviously crying for help. Turn off your computer and go to an open walk in clinic and talk to somebody. Don't waste any time because you might not get a second chance to get advice.

NONAME
you need to specify what type of cut like was it an accident or did you do it on purpose with a razor or something. from what you wrote it sounds like you did it on purpose...well if its by accident go to the doctor and if you did it on purpose stop because your wrist is very sensitive to cuts and theres a certain place in your wrist that if you cut it you will die so you need to be careful.

collgegrl11
Rating
dont do it again. that is a sure way to kill yourself. why would you want to destroy something God made so beautiful? you. if you dont want to do it again don't don't mutilate yourself for others or to get rid of pain. when im angry or hurt i go to the gym and punch the punching bag. it gets all of my anger out and is harmless. please don't cut yourself and if you cant stop get help and tell somebody.

kasey06
You need to talk to someone. This is a serious problem. You might need counseling but it works. I was in the same position and my life is so much better now that I had conseling and I actually talked to people about it. Don't do it again, seriously it isn't worth it.

ILuvMe
Rating
don't do it... it's not good for you... you could get addicted to it and once you'll go too far and might not wake up... think of people you would hurt especially ourself... don't do it... find enough will in yourself to resist it...

Special Ed. Major
Rating
I would recommend talking to a professional ASAP. There was probably a reason you cut yourself. Cutting/self-mutilation can turn into a serious addiction that is really difficult to stop. It is also really dangerous and can have serious consequences that the individual may not have originally intended. Good Luck. Please go seek help. At least call an anonymous hotline. There are a lot of people who struggle with self-injury. It does not have to be a silent or lonely struggle.

Bill
I gather you did this deliberately.

You're on the right track with your feelings and this question, because you're scared and you're asking about it and you know this is bad for you.

Go further: Tell someone in your life. Open up about this to someone in person whom you can trust. An adult, not a teen.
ASK FOR HELP. A parent or school nurse would be good. If the first person doesn't understand, keep going til you find someone who does. Don't give up on this.

Identify what's prompting you to do this. There has to be a situation or feeling that triggers it. If you can figure out the trigger, you will be that much closer to beating it!

You don't have to do this alone. There is help out there. We just can't read your mind. You have to take that first real-life step and reach out.

Don't put this off. Tell someone immediately.

?
Rating
Well, then don't do it again

Liz
Than doon't do it my love.
Call a suicide hotline, talk to your parents, close friend, or a trusted adult.

Erika
Rating
Go to teenhealth.com! It is great. I just did a projest on cutting, I got great info from there.Good luck!

spoiledbrat8649
Rating
thats so scary why did u do it?

tapeball45
you should probably seek professional help, not the populus of the yahoo answer forum.

It's not a phase, many people enjoy inflicting harm upon themselves. That it relieves stress and emotional pain. There are far more healthier ways of doing this.

Cutting your wrists can eventually only result in one thing.
And trust me there is nothing worse than that.

No matter what your situation. Living through it is far better than quitting.

The Craig
Rating
See a doctor and talk to him about why you did this. He will refer you to a counsellor. Don't not go!

Diana S
Please find somebody to talk to immediately!! If you can't talk to family, find a counselor of some type or a minister. There are people out there who can help you so you don't do it again. Good luck and God bless you. You will be in my prayers tonight.

Birdman
Get Help!

VJ
Rating
good, then dont do it again

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy