Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Thread from sock caught around babies toe compromising circulation?
On Tuesday I noticed my 12 week old daughters small toe was very swollen and red. On investigation I found that there appeared to be something very fine around her toe. I removed what appeared to be ...

Lower back pain?
I started with back pain (on and off) after I gave birth four years ago however it wasn't too bad and I didn't need pain killers. A few weeks ago I woke up with a bit of back pain which has ...

Any advice for pearcin my belly button?
i wana pearce my bellybutton...any advice??
does infection appear afterwards?
does it hurt?
can it cause sometyhin bad?...

Is this a medical malpractice case?
My 13 year old son fell down the dtairs last night, and injured his foot, he couldn'r put pressure on it, and now used vrutches that we had from before...my wife called 911 and they told him to ...

HAS anyone EVER BEEN BITTEN BY A BROWN WIDOW SPIDER?
STUPID ME EVEN THOUGH I HATE SPIDERS I WATCHED A PROGRAM ON THEM TWO DAY PRIOR TO THIS INCIDENT. I SAW A SPIDER IN THE BATHROOM AND THOUGHT I WOULDNT KILL IT - IT MUST BE GOOD FOR SOMETHING - YET IT L...

I slipped over on black ice in the middle of the road, suffering from severe back pain.?
Had to be off work for at least a week, should I complain to the local council for not gritting the road??...

Travelling by air with a broken arm?
i have a broken arm its by my shoulder with no plaster cast on is it advisable to travel by air with ...

What will make scars less noticable?

I have a small wound that has gone grayish blue for the past week. is this gangrene? or infection?

How long will it take an arm sprain to heal?
My arm was sprained from being twisted forcibly. The first day I could not move it and the second day was only slightly better. By day three I was getting significant improvement. I am at day five ...

Puffy eyes?
can anyone tell me what thisis?
ok i aint been to school for 3 days because
every morning my eyes be puffy.Like real
puffy to the point that they look swole like
i just got into a ...

Do you ever feel like you are running on only 3 batteries as opposed to 4 get up and go , got up and went?

Additional Details
The question came to mind when remembering my grandsons statement when he was about 4 or 5 He said he was a fast runner because he had batteries in his legs....

Foot injury... is it serious? RE... PLZ ANSWER! THIS IS ERGENT!?
Well, we were on a cruise ship on thanksgiving break and one late night my friend went swimming in the indoor pool. We had fun until I struck my foot out to push against the water when I hit the ...

Any ideas how to fake sick?
how to fake sick any ideas?...

Pink Eye! What else can I do for it??
YES! I have took my son to his Dr. and we've gotten medicen for it my just wondering, Is there anything ELSE I can treat it with??...

Whats wrong with my jaw?
i had my braces taken off abot a year ago now. About two months ago i was eating when i noticed my jaw clicking on my left side. i thought nothing of it but did stop eating. Since then my jaw tends ...

Help I need to fake an injury!?
Right I've got uni tomorrow and I dont want to do this speech, and I'm thinking of going in with an injury so I cant do ti because if I have an arm one I cant hold the cars anyway, can ...

Why do some scars heal faster?
i'm talking about physical scars. not emotional. i cut myself really bad a week ago washing the dishes. now it's barely even noticeable. it's 98% healed. but, i have another cut which ...

Stiff sore shoulder and neck, help!?
Sometimes I wake up with a really sore neck and shoulder. also my movement is limited and it really hurts! It generally goes away and loosens up after a few days, but i'm just wondering what is ...

Why do misquito bumps swell when you are bitten?

mongoosesaredumb
I cut my vein or artery in my wrist....?
I was working in the bathroom taking down tiles when some bits fell on the hand holding the lump hammer. One pointy bit stabbed me and punctured the vein...actually think it's the artery...black blood and was bleeding a lot and pulsating out. Anyway, stopped the bleeding and carried on working...this was last Tuesday. The cut closed but I found yellow bruising all around the area where yesterday there was none. Is the vein bleeding under the skin? Do veins heal on their own or require surgery? Should I wait for Monday to see a doctor or go to ER now or tomorrow?
Additional Details
LOL...i've gotten different answers ranging from got to ER and "your healing fine". I checked on a chart and according to that it's the vein going down to the hand called the INTEROSSEUS VEIN...if that means anything. I know it cut the vein because the blood was almost black and bleeding A LOT (pulsating out). Anyway..I think I'll go to ER tomorrow morning to check it out....thanks for the advice.

Jazmine
Rating
You cut a vein not an artery. The yellow under the skin is just old blood which will go away, similiar to a bruise.
No need to worry.

rita_alabama
If you cut yourself that deeply, you should see a doctor to get it cleaned up and stitched if necessary.
Bleeding from arteries is bright red and very hard to stop, so chances are it wasn't an artery.
Yellow bruising signifies an older bruise; is it possible there was some kind of a bruise there before?
Hope this helps!

Sugar Pie
Rating
Sounds like you're healing up alreight. Bruising is to be expected since stuff fell on it. But if gets swollen, hot, feels like it has a fever or a puse, see a doc. But if that doesn't start, you'll probably be fine. Veins will heal on their own; you may not even have cut that deep. The skin will bleed, too.

redunicorn
I think you should go to the ER.

Preped
When a vien bleeds in side the skin the blood is usually black or blue. If you want you can go to ER.

Go Mike
Rating
if you got it to stop bleeding then you have no major problem. the bruise is probably from the artery healing under the skin

Heidi
go now -- you don't know what vein you cut plus it takes the ER soooo long to take you as it is. I would,'t want to risk infection or loosing too much blood. Plus, you haven't had your tetanus shot.

chukles
go to the doctor don't WAIT it may be something serious and be careful

sandy h
Rating
go to the er this is nothing to mess with are u up to date on ur tetanus shots?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy