Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Hii Please Answer 10 Points for the First Descent Answer?
as you will see from previous q's i have a lump on my foot what can it be new details it doesnt hurt to walk (it wouldnt its on top of my foot!) but when i roll my foot over and put some weight ...

I was strangled for what seemed 4-5minutes didnt pass out what if any are the side effects?
i am talking with a rasp as if i got a sore throat there is soreness around the top of my neck yet no bruising as yet am slightly worried there mayybe internal injury that i cannot see is this ...

I need advice... Mature people only please....?
About a year ago I experienced what felt like a stabbing pain in my rear when going #2... followed by a small amount of blood.. I went into the doctor and the doctor said to change my diet and it'...

If you sit on your knees will they fall off at the age of 80?

Broken arm, wrist and hand?
I broke my arm, wrist and hand in a motorbike accident 7 months ago. I have absolutely no strength at all in the fingers of that hand, and it is still very painful. My GP says its nothing, but why ...

What would happen?
So the other night I was working on a project(thought it saved it didnt, so had to redo it from scratch) my dad comes in and asks to see my project, and I told him that I thought I saved it, and it ...

How long to recover from a sprained ankle?
I badly sprained my ankle 2 months ago. I rested it and did all the exercises and it got better for a while, but recently started hurting again and remains a bit swollen. How long does it take to get ...

Have you ever broken a bone or needed stitches?
Where and ...

I asked a question a week ago using a normal everyday term. (Va***al). It got cut off. I wasn't using a vulgar
term, just a medical one. Someone had asked about what could cause an infection of a certain nature. I don't understand unless someone saw it as an vulgar term or simply didn't like it. W...

Please help?
ok when I was helping my grandfather load a truck with would wile he choped the logs his chain saw got stuck so when I lifted the long up to get the chain saw out I did somthing to my wrist and know ...

I got hit in the head. I've had a migrane 4 days and been nauseous. Should I go to the doctors?

Is it possible to break every bone in your body at the same time and survive?

How do I treat a broken finger?

What is the remedy for a broken finger that has been broke for months?
I broke my finger 2 months ago. I didn't think it was broke before, I thought I just sprained it. 2 months later it is still sore and now crooked. I went to the doctor, got an xray and it is ...

I have a cut behind my ear and it keeps coming back and i have no idea what it is. can somebody let me know?
Its like i get a cut behind my ear and its there for about 3 weeks and then its gone and then like 2 months later it comes back. can somebody let me know what it ...

Uh. i have a kinda personal question..?
well i was walking on a railing about 2 or3 weeks ago showing off witch was kinda stupid but i slipped and kinda fell on a place a guy really doesnt want to fall on and ive noticed that my ball sack ...

Today a bottle of Crusha milkshake mix exploded in my face...?
I was at work and about to make a chocolate icecream milkshake for a customer- I had to open a new bottle of Chocolate Crusha, (the bottle was one of the plastic ones with a screw top lid, and a ...

I have a lump in my groin that has grown recently and is now painful to touch, your advice?
Had thought it might be from chaffing as I do 2-3 spin classes per week, but it has recently got worse....

How can i remove a ring on my finger,that is to tight?

Ways to end up in a hospital? ( just wondering)?

jones
I burned myself about 2 days ago. Now I have about a huge blister, should I pop it?
there is no pain, and the skin over the blister seems pretty thick. Will it heal quicker if I drain it? It is on the palm of my hand.

FYI, this was an accidental burn. The blister is about 1 inch long by about 1/2 inch wide. Its holding alot of juice!

nickie4awhl
If there is no redness or heat from the wound, yes, pop the blister with a sterile pin and let it drain out. Clean it with a sterile pad and plain water, dabbing. If you can, leave it open to the air. If you feel better , cover with a band aid for the first few days. Check it regularly, if is gets red, simply wash with a little hand soap and warm water.

Marci T
go ahead pop it with a clean sewing needle, let it drain on its own, buy some bactine and apply with cotton ball, This stuff works miracles!!!

Tammy Galli
Rating
Beings on your hand you could lance it a little to release the fluid. But it may refill. I would give it another couple days then drain. Do not pull the skin off let it dry up and it will flake off on it's own. Keep it as clean as possiable, considering your hands touch everything. If you lance it it may be uncomfortable again, but keep it clean and use some bacitracian ointment on it as much as possiable once it has drained.

?
No...you should keep it clean and dry and let the air get to it...it will pop on its own...you could damage the tissue and further delay your healing

Esma
Rating
With a burn blister, popping is a bad idea. It can get infected and scar quite easily if it is popped. I would recommend seeing a doctor for advice, since burns are a special kind of awful...

Brutally Honest. :]
Nope

kiwi_mum1966
No! Don't, whatever u do, pop it! If u do pop it, then infection will be sure to set in. The skin over the burn, though it is dead, and will eventually come off, is helping in the healing process. The palm of the hand, like the inside of the mouth, heals fairly fast, unlike other parts of the body. So please don't be tempted to pop the blister, even though it is really annoying. U'll only regret it later.

ScalpelGuy101
Rating
NOO! Blisters are the body's reaction to heat injuries. They are considered sterile, meaning free of bacteria inside. Popping it will allow the bacteria in your skin to enter your already injured body. The skin is our first defense against bacteria. It will be like letting the enemy in through your front door and handing them your weapons.

Dirty D
No because then you run the risk of getting an infection.

majnun99
Rating
It's more likely to get infected if you pop it. Blisters are a natural process that's supposed to protect your skin.

Miss No-bubby
Rating
I wouldn't. Not just because popping blisters is gross (seeing all that water come out...nasty), but also because it is prone to infection. I'd say just to leave it alone, it will pop when it's ready...put a band aid over it so you are not tempted...

myluvallen
Hi:

DON'T POP IT!

When you get a burn and within a minute or two you have a blister, your body does this for a reason.

So you burned your self and your body has made a blister. Well as gross as blisters can be, blisters are actually good things to happen and here is why:

You burn yourself and blister, the whole reason your body blisters is to protect the underlying layers of skin from possible burning again, but more importantly those underlying layers of skin will now be the outer layers of skin and the skin on the inside doesn't even compare to the durability of the skin we have on the outside. Now it's time to be the outer skin, but it's not so tough. but has to be SOON.

Your skin blisters up because suddenly your body has called for fluids and enzymes to come to the burnt area to

Protect the new skin as it is still very sensitive.

Keep it moist as to be able to flush out any bacteria that gets trapped there so it will not cause infection

And also to help toughen up that new skin that needs to now be on the outside and tough.

The fluid also helps to cool down the burn

By popping your blister, you have now taken away your body's natural healing ability and that area now hurts like heck, is extremely susceptible to an infection, the skin inside is just going to be tossed into the outside world and stings because the natural healing path has been destroyed. There is also now no natural fluid to help to cool down the area of the burn. The here is the gross part..after all the damage above has been done, now to add insult to injust to this blistered area we as a natural reaction end up picking away at the dead blister covering sking which in turn gives a higher chance of infection.

DON'T POP IT

Band Aid products bandages has come out with the cooles "Blister Band Aids" I forget the actual name. They ar a hydroheal bandage. you put it on after cleaning and drying and the band aid basically does what your body is doing but also preventing you from picking at it and eventually popping it. It stays on for days in the shower and all. I have used them and I think they are just wonderful!

http://www.bandaid.com/advanced_healing_prod.shtml

It's worth a try anyway.

I hope your blister heals soon.

Be safe and be well

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, April 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy