Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What is it called? Please help!?
When you brake a leg or legs, and doctor gives you those two things, that you have to walk with, what is it called?
Thanks!...

Do you think you would die if?
you recieved all the injuries you ever sustained at once?...

I hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen?
i hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen. I am not sure if I can still use some ice bacause this happened over 24 hrs ago. any ideas?...

Can you die from any internal bleeding? this is important..?
My boyfriend went to the doctor the other day because they said that they found protien in his urine and he may have internal bleeding. He went back today and it was positive that he does have ...

What is the worst injury that you have ever suffered and how did you do it??????????????

I got bit by a dog. What are some of the symptoms I might have if the dog has rabies.?

What happens when you swallow a quarter?

Additional Details
For those of you wondering ,it was'nt me, it was my boyfriend,his friend thought it would be funny to put it perfectly on top of his beer bottle,and he ...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH Me!!??
I was in class and we were working on a class play when i was pushed and i hit my head HARD on the cement floor. I went home after that and i feel: REALLY tired, its hard to walk straight and, i am ...

Finger help!?
This Friday, I had got my right middle and ring fingers caught in the part of the garage door that bends, I got it treated immeadeatly, but I still have little little purple-ish pink marks on my ...

My bruise doesn't hurt!!!?
I have a bruise on the very bottom of my thumb and it doesn't hurt at all! I touch it and even rub it but it doesn't hurt. And yes it's a bruise because it's purple....

Whats wrong with me??sick?
jan 2nd my throat started acting up, it only hurt on my left side to swallow. i managed the pain and would spray cepacol and take ibuprofen then i would feel better.got but on jan 4th it got worse. ...

I have a small burn on my leg from a motorbike exhaust pipe which has now blistered.should i pop the blister ?

Red Srcatches on my husband's back. He said he got those from working out or he cheated on me? Please help!
Hi,

This happened last night that I happened to see scratches on my husband's back (I did take 3 pictures of the scratches). The moment I saw those red scratches on his back, I was ...

Don't say I'm stupid........?
because I really want to break my arm! I've got a perfectly good reason to but I can't say why!!! Could someone please give me an idea?!!...

How come people don't type the full word?
What I mean is; people using the shortcuts of words/phrases. For example, u, lol, ppl any1, r etc. I just want to know why people are lazy when they type.
Additional Details
I put it in ...

Oh my God, I'm in my office. Someone just walked in with a gun and shot Ms. Stephenson the recptionist?
OH God what should I do, he's killing everyone OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME. I have a Beretta in my drawer. Should I risk going out there?
Additional Details
I killed him. I actually ...

How do you make it stop?
Oh my gosh!!! Seriously it is the most annoying thing ever. My eyes have been doing this thing for the past couple of months where they will randomly twitch.

What causes an eye to twitch? ...

How do i fake injury?
how do i fake a really really sore ankle or actually half break it. I need to know I NEED to get out of winter inter school sports. Because everyone always laughs at me. Oh and i want it to kind of ...

Help Me this is serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
My knee has been hurting me for about three weeks now. I first noticed it when I was playing in a softball game and I slid into second base. The next day it hurt very bad. And every day it has been ...

How do I know if this is a paper cut?! NEED HELP FAST PLZ?
I cut myself on paper and it huuuuuuuuurts
WHAT DO I DO?! please ...

forminasage402
I've started lifting weights. Yesterday I worked my arms, and today my elbows are very sore. Normal?
Is this a normal symptom of beginning to lift weights, or have I overexerted myself? I did some basic curls, benched a bit, and did some pushups.

romanov1918
totally normal

#56 of the ACMS Eagles
Rating
Yes, Very normal, your body is probably not used to the heavy lifting and needs time to adjust. This happens to me all the time. It'll be gone in a couple of days.

dee
Rating
the key to a successful work out is that you must stretch the muscles.
the elbows are designed to withstand certain pressure, there are tendons that are connected to ur muscles...so it's strange that you only feel sore on your elbows. However, you out-pressured your elbows, don't take anymore weight than you can handle.

Edward T
you're getting stronger!

gglliittssoonn
Yeah yeah, just started doing 1 day a week of cardio and one of weights myself. Hurts for a bit when u start.

aclyue2
Rating
very normal, its cause ur getting muscles and when you work out, the phrase "burning fat" is pretty true, the reason why you feel a burn in your arm while ur working arm is because acid is being released

Kelly G
Rating
of course it is. thats why runners legs hurt after running. your getting into shape. lol

Hoosier Daddy
Rating
Elbows? Joints should not hurt significantly. You'll need to go slow if your joints are giving you problems. Tendons, ligaments, and bone sculpt much more slowly than do muscles. It is possible to strengthen muscle too quickly for your joints. So be careful.

cungruent90
Yes, this is very normal, and no you did not hyperextend or else you would not even want to get up for work. During anearobic exercises such as wieght lifting the the muscle fibers or the individual myofibirals are microscopically torn, this is the pain you feel, and if you have been in a long period of inactivity it's even worse so take it slow. Also drink plenty of water and take protien and vitamens. this will help you breath better (preventing lactic acid build up) and help you synovial and other wonderful joints move nicely = ) thank you for your time.

stuckboy94
yes, the muscles are broken down and are now healing.

ɷ ɹəɥʇɐəɥ ɷ
Rating
Yes, it is normal to be sore if you had just started to lift weights. Once it is a normal routine, than you shouldn't be as sore.

shawnta23
Yes, this is normal. I just recently started lifting myself. You muscles have to get use to exercise, but after a few workouts it will get better.

Tangarin
If this is your first time then your body isn't used to it, or it could be that you didn't warm up before hand, that's only if you didn't, if you did warm up then you could have over done it, perhaps you used your arms too much.Go slow next time one thing at a time til you get used to it and it doesn't hurt anymore.

rick L
Rating
I think with what I read is you begin very light with weights that are easy to pull and with many repetitions. Then you slowly work up. I heard you should only work out every other day and allow your body to heal from the weight lifting exercises. Use more exercises without weights during those off days.

5zerocool
Its normal to be sore, try only working one thing at a time, arms one day, legs next day, chest a different day, abs and cardio a different day. Don't do everything in one day, and give each body section a full week to recover. Remember to eat food high in protein and whole grains.

http://www.yuwie.com/curvesound

Don't Want to ANswer anymore
Rating
Yes it is a normal! You just need to make sure you are stretching:http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/stretches.asp?exercises=flexibility
Also make sure when you are lifting the weights you don't fully extend your arm. This can tear or rip your cartilage in your elbow. I know all about this being a tennis player. This website gives great stretches for all your muscles in your body. Make sure also that you stretch post workout!! Keep it up:)

chiken pollo
Rating
that's normal it will hurt for 3 or 4 or 5 or 1 days to heal

Scott M
Rating
Being sore after a good work out is normal - being in pain is not.

Proper stretching is a must to get your muscles, joints and tendons warmed up for a rigorous workout. Make sure that your stretches and warmups are appropriate for the areas of your body that you are working out. Check out workout sites on the internet or pick up a few fitness magazines and target your warmups to your workouts and you'll avoid most of those aches and pains the next morning.

One last thing - your body produces lactic acid during and after your workout - your muscles form tiny fissures (cracks) that the acid fills to help heal - that is how muscles grow. Most of the time that is the "ache" of a great workout. If you are experiencing anything worse than that "burn" or "ache" such as severe pain that lasts well beyond a day you need to contact your healthcare provider - it could be a sign of something more severe and your workouts may just be aggrevating the underlying cause.

I hope this helps!

smithersprime
Rating
I feel it between nipples and armpits.

pearl_hoff
yes but you should start slow and work your way up

Mah10
I don't know about the elbows, but everything else sounds normal.

aleksandar_partikov
Rating
These happen often if you havent drink enough watter during exercise. If you wanna lower the risc of musle sore you should drink watter. About a litter wille training (lifting). Normal if you push yourself too much with too hevy weight.

viVianA_vivoOO
yes that is normal...esspecially if it is your first time. as long as you dont overload on weights.

paul c
Yeah its normal its caused from the strain in the joints. Just wait until you start getting forearm splints, talk about pain.

Christopher
The muscles should be sore, but the elbow joint itself should not hurt you. Your form may be bad. Have an experienced weight lifter or trainer check your form and show you how to lift properly. Form is everything!!

*#$*llamajuice*$#*
ya just take it easy try like icy hot or something similar to dull the pain best remedy... lift again in two days

punkie
maybe you did it wrong ask someone how 2 do it right

wen godzilla
you need to position your joints correctly so there is little pressure on your joints but being sore is good it means your making progress

Becky J
You'll probably be even more sore tomorrow, then it'll get better.

Lisa E
If your joints hurt...you need to really concentrate on your form. You don't want to damage your joints, and if you're doing it correctly, they shouldn't hurt. Muscle...yes. Joints, no.

SchoolKid101
No Pain No Gain ;)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy