Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

My parents dont belive me...Do I actually brake it to where a bone sticks out so they do belive me.?
we are playing pickelball It is like a wooden pickel ball padel basicly a wooden padel Some kid hit me on the top of my hand with the wooden padel full force and my hand swelled u of course I sticked ...

BROKEN wrist! ICE or HEAT!?
I broke my wrist 2 weeks ago and I have a splint on. It is still a bit swollen and a bit uncomfortable. Should I be applying ice or heat at this period to make the swelling go down? T...

How many injuries does it take before one stops partying so heavy?

Is there any kind of wrist exercises i can do to make my wrist feel better?
i was hit by a car less than 3 months ago and i was taken to the hospital for treatment on numerous things but they only said my wrist was sprained...it does feel alot better than it did the day ...

How can I fix my swollen fingers?
My kind brother "accidentally" slammed my fingers in the car door and now they r swollen. I haved Iced them alot and taken a motrin butthey r still in a lot of pain. I dont thin they r ...

Is it possible to bruise a muscle or soft tissue, with out seeing a bruise on the skin?
I fell snowboarding on my hip. The hip bone doesn't hurt, it is the muscle that is just above it, but there is no mark. I haven't gone to the doctor's since it costs too much, but I ...

Could i have a pinched nerve?
I got pushed off a couch last night and I fell on my tailbone. I can walk (slowly) but when i move my left leg it hurts really bad. Could I have a pinched nerve or is it something else?...

How to recover from bad ....?
rotater cuff injury, as well as two stress fractures, and an out of alignment shoulder all on the right arm. I play volleyball and need help!!!!...

Did I break my finger today?
I was playing basketball today in PE and I went up for a rebound and the ball came off the rim really sharply and smashed into my finger. It hurt really bad, but I kept playing. Then is started ...

Wearing contacts for two days straight...?
any thing i should worry about? i did take them off second day. any tips/concerns towards this would be awwwsome. They were the acuve 2 contacts....

Will a chipped/broken knuckle grow back?
about 6 months ago i flipped out and punched a hole in my door. i know it was immature and i can now control my anger so i dont want a bunch of replys on anger crap. anyway a large chunk of my middle ...

I had a personal injury with some froze food from walmart. I need some opinions everyone!?
OK. In June 2007 I was 8 months pregnant and fixed lunch for my little girl and I. It was Dwight Yokums chicken fries. They are supposed to be boneless. I bit into it and a bone was in it. It went ...

Did I sprain or Break my Ankle?
Oct. 27th I rolled my ankle on a swimming noodle in my garage. At first it did not hurt, but it did take me a moment to get up becasue I could not feel my foot. I did put ice on it and continued to ...

Do you think my eye is OK????
i was riding a snowmobile and i stoped and hit my eye on the kill swich.i could not think right!
Additional Details
i will send you the pic just e-mail ...

MY FRIEND ACCIDENTLY ATE GLASs!!?
She sent me THIS e-mail from China---

I was eating this chinese candy and i figured out that there was a piece of glass in it and now i have three holes on my tongue full of blood. It ...

HELP, I bumped my head and now I look like Quasimoto!?
Is there anything I can do to reduced the swelling, bruising, biggness, and uglyness? Or speed up the process....

I think I've just broken my wrist so please be quick!!?
Seriously I was just feedign my rats and I flipped my wris really quickly for some reason now unbeknown to me, and now it absolutely cains and I cannot move it properly at all. I am not calling 999, ...

Ouch.im extremly sorE( or however you spell it) from working out..it hurts so bad!?
last night i worked out ALOT. and i havent worked out lke that in a while.and now IM EEEEEEEEEEXTREEEMLYYYY SORE..MY STOMACH..I CANT TALK WALK OR BREATHE.THATS HOW MMUCH IT HURTS.
my side hurts ...

Have you ever broken a bone?Which one? Story?
i haven'...

How do i know when im bleeding internally??
so me and my frioned were playing around fihging and stuff and she like kinda pulled my arm (the skin) and then now it hurts real bad....

rainbow
I've got a ganglian on my wrist?
it's been there for years. sometimes its worse than others. when its big i find it embarrasin but i also find it uncomfortable when i flex my wrist. what exactly is a ganglian, will i always have it and is there any treatment for it that won't involve a needle

charmchallenge
A ganglion is lump of soft tissue, sometimes called a ball of fluid that forms on the membranes that cover joints and tendons. They are usually benign. and most of the time just "watched".Many go away by themselves. If they become a bother they can be aspirated with a needle, or removed surgically. In the "old days" people would wack them with a big book and they would usually just dissipate, being absorbed back into the body. This is not recommended because You can do harm to the joints.

CWB
Rating
It's spelled ganglion.
I had one for years, I used to get someone to smack it with a big thick book once in a while when it would flare up and hurt.
It would go away for about 4 months or so.
then I went to the doctor and had it chopped out finally
they are usually a one celled tumor (cyst ) in the synovin gland. it blocks the galnd's duct and thats why it swells up.
the swelling presses on the nerves running through the area hence the pain. the synovin gland makes the slippery fliud for hte joints there are several in the wrist one can be removed without too much trouble . although it hurts like hell afterwards for about three weeks while it heals.

tamumd
Rating
its called a ganglion cyst. its a small sac that contains some fluid- sometimes gets bigger then smaller but will always be there unless you have surgery to remove it.

msj2uk
I think post before mine sums it up.
But just wanted to reasure you that more people than you think get them.
My boyfried has 1 on his wrist that flares up now + again.
Its said if you hit it with a bible it will go away, but i would say see your GP instead.

Thanks for the Yahoo Jacket
Rating
It is a cyst. To remove involves cutting it out.

Coach

Avalon
Rating
wack it with a big book

Weed
Rating
ita cyst, or lump of grissle, i have them on my fingers, they can be very painful, I rub mine with MOVELAT cream or gel, that helps, as it numbs them,

nonethanks
Rating
A Ganglion cyst is a tumor or swelling on top of a Joint or the covering of a tendon and it looks like a sac of liquid. Inside the cyst is a thick, clear, colorless, jellylike material and depending on the size, cysts can feel firm or spongy. One large cyst or many smaller ones can develop and multiple small cysts can give the appearance of more than one cyst. This type of cyst is not harmful. It accounts for about half of all soft tissue tumors of the hand. Ganglion cysts, also known as Bible cysts, are more common in women. Seventy percent of them occur in people between the ages of 20-40. They most commonly occur on the back of the hand, at the wrist joint but can also develop on the palm side of the wrist. Other sites, where they can develop are the base of the fingers on the palm (where they appear as small pea-sized bumps), the fingertip, just below the cuticle (where they are called mucous cysts), the outside of the knee and ankle, on top of the foot etc.

Treatment:
First, it is possible to leave it alone if it isn't causing any discomfort; ganglia are harmless. Once the diagnosis is made and mass isn't cancer or something else which requires immediate attention, you may wish to just watch and wait.

If the ganglion is causing discomfort or mechanical problems, there are two main options for relief:

Aspiration (removal of the cyst contents with a needle) and surgical removal of the cyst itself.

Aspiration involves inserting a needle into the cyst and removing its contents after numbing the area with a local anesthetic. Because it is thought that inflammation contributes to the production and accumulation of the fluid in the cyst, an anti-inflammatory drug (steroid) is often then injected back into the cyst in an attempt to decrease the inflammation and prevent subsequent refilling of the cyst. Recent research found that using another substance (hyaluronidase, an enzyme used in the treatment of certain forms of arthritis to promote resolution of redundant tissue) along with the steroid after aspiration increased the cure rate from 57% (aspiration and steroid alone) to 89% with the combined substances.

If the cyst is disfiguring, causes pain, mechanical problems, nerve complications (motor or sensory loss due to pressure by the ganglion on a nerve), or recurs after a previous aspiration, then surgical excision is warranted. This involves making an incision over the area of the cyst, identifying the entire cyst, and removing it along with a portion of the underlying tendon sheath or joint lining from which it originates. The hand is then splinted for 7 to 10 days. The procedure is usually fairly minor, but can be complicated depending on the location of the cyst and whether it impinges on any vital structures in the hand (nerves, tendons, blood vessels).

It is important to discuss the different treatment options with your physician if you are diagnosed as having a ganglion cyst.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, January 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy