Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Lloyd
How to relieve soreness?
I started training to be a caddy on 4/5/08 and on the second week of training we had to run and ever since then my legs have been very very sore...and now every time we have to run i'm always behind the rest of the training group. I sometimes here the trainers whispering "i don't think he's going to make it as a caddy, i think he'll fail the test" and i don't want the trainers to keep thinking i'm lazy or not paying attention.

So can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the soreness in my legs?

Tracy
Stoop down on one leg and extend the other one out adjacent with your hip and bounce on it . You will feel the stretch in your inner thigh. If you do this with both legs before and after you run you will not be sore. During the stretch if you stretch your foot in one direction and then the other this will also help.

Giggles-for-life
Try a warm compress.

steven
Rating
make sure u stretch a lot
u may have pulled a muscle
use some heat wraps
eat lots of protein

good luck with the test =]

Yikes
Rating
Take some medicene before the run and be sure to stretch before and after. Also try using hot compresses to relax the muscles.
Good luck!

blkikit
Besides rest,(your muscles need time to recover,you need to make sure that you're warming up before the strenuos exersize,make sure you're well hydrated and eat a banana,your body needs it's potassium.Good luck!

Cassiekiss
Fill a tub with warm water and add Epsom Salt....you can find it in the medicine section at most stores....or a pharmacy...then just soak in it...its amazing...I almost died when I first started running and it was the only thing that saved me and kept me going.....i think I used a cup or so the directions are on it.

soccermom
Rating
Take a hot bath in Epsom salts It always helps me
after a workout or strenuous activity.

Adventure
Rating
Short answer to your question: take time to heal those stressed muscles.

When you're legs ache, your muscle tissue has been broken down and needs time to regenerate. If you then go and rework on healing muscles you are doing yourself no service.

You may have developed shin splints, which take even longer to heal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_splint... this link has some info on conditioning your muscles, that may be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy