Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Can anyone that knows about wrist pain diagnose my problem? Video included PLEASE help =(?
This is slightly long but I just want to be very detailed

So I went to the gym last night and did chest (laying down with my arms strait up and out) I did 3 sets of 65 which was not all ...

What does it feel like if you ve torn a muscle ?

Broken Jaw?
I just found out that my jaw is broken, and that I have to contact a surgeon on Monday. Does anyone know what I am in for? I assume a possible wire job, but does anyone know for how long? Is there a ...

My wife pinched me on my upper arms, how to get rid of the bruises?
I got intoxicated from somthin and my wife was very mad at me. she pinched my biceps and now I have bruises that may never go away. what it a good way to get rid of bruises?...

Normal pain after workout??
I worked out for an hour on Friday and its now Monday and myl left side of my rib cage area is still having some sharp pains when i breath...I dont work out regulary however im only 120 lbsnot like ...

What are the names of ligaments behind the patella?

How can i still exercise with a broken ankle?
i was on a role with exercising everyday, an dieting, but then i broke my ankle how can i still get in shape for the 2 weeks im ...

I have this cut on my leg...?
Its been there for about two months, and it hasn't gone away or scared over. It wasn't a bad cut (it was an accident with a razor) when it happened.
Right now its pinkish and sort of ...

Back of foot hurts?
I woke up yesterday and got out of bed. The back of my foot , part above heel (Achilles tendon?) was in extreme pain. It got a little better when i started walking some. Same thing happened today and ...

What are growing pains in your leg and how long would it take to go away!!!!! neeed to know?

Got my ear pieced and is sligtly swollen, a little warm, and red...infection?
I have ben slepping on the ear that hurts and the other ear is perfectly fine (earlobe). I just got my ears pierced 4 days ago for the first time and I am using Clairs antiseptic twice aday. What ...

Is it true that all firefighters have big hoses?

I know this is a weird question to ask but..?
I NEED to break my wrist by tomorrow morning! I know this isnt healthy but it is very important. U have no idea how much i need to break my wirst. Please dont start with all the ur stupid stuff cause ...

What could be causing my wrist and hand problems?
I have had problems with my right wrist and hand for a while and have been diagnosed with carpel tunnel. Recently I injured my wrist more severely over the course of two falls. In the first I ...

I got in a fihgt yesterday and today my i fount out my thumb was swollen and it hurts real bad.?
i can still move it but slow. if i move it fast it gives me a very painful shock. wat can be wrong wit it?
Additional Details
my thumb was outside my ...

How can i tell if i tore my ligaments in my ankle?
okay i sprained my ankle today while playing basketball. right when i hit the ground i hurt cracking sounds. like if u were to pop ur knuckles. it was really painful but i can still kind of walk now. ...

I dropped a tv on my toe around four weeks ago how long does it take for the bruising to go away?

I posted a question earlier about my dad and a bruise after getting blood test. It's been 4 days and...?
the bruise is extending down his arm and is getting worse not better... now should we be conserned?!?...

Has this ever happend to you?
About a wk ago i was talking on the phone with a friend when all of a suddan my jaw POPPED and i felt the pain all the way from my jaw to my head. It hurt so much i could barley open my mouth,then ...

I wrecked my snowboard and my pelvis area is hurting.. Help?
Well i was snowboarding in my yard and i jumped a about 3 foot jump and it was pretty icy. I lost balance and landed right on my left side and i can barely walk. It's been a day and when i woke ...

*Bride to Be* 11/01/08
How soon after hitting your head can you go to sleep?
I was sitting on the couch and my 21month old daughter knocked a heavy statue on my head. Boy did it hurt. It was funny but omg do I have one heck of a head ache?! As soon as it hit me she leaned over and gave me a kiss on my "boo boo" lol. There is a bump and its tender when I touch it. I was just wondering how soon will I be safe to go to sleep?? It just happened like 30 minutes ago. Thanks!
Additional Details
ok yes I know your not supposed to go to sleep if you have a concussion... that was my question... in case I had a concussion... I guess I should have put that in there, but I figured that was obvious.. and you can have a concussion without being knocked out...

Olivia J
It's safe so long as you don't have a concussion..

Michael A
Rating
If I get hit in the head hard enough I will go to sleep immediately. :)

Crystal W
You may have a concussion. I would call an emergency center and ask. Im pretty sure it is 24 hours. I know that is a long time but better safe than sorry.

kevin d
Rating
Ouch that would of heart ..
first of all put the statue in a safer place .
I think like every body else you will be OK .
If you want to be sure stand in front t of a mirror with a torch ,and shine it into your pupil . If it retratcts normally you are not concussed.
A bit of ice on the bump might help to .
Or a frozen pack of vegetables is just as good.

Sandra B
You should be okay, as you did not pass out

Rae
if you didn't pass out, you didn't get enough damage to hurt your brain. a bruised brain = concussion = don't sleep.

you'll be fine, just ice it!

Pass it on...
Rating
The only time you have to worry about going to sleep after a head injury is if you lost consciousness. About 20 minutes with an icepack to the area should do you fine!

Kids....gotta love em!!! lol

swimmergirl247
Rating
oach I would wait for about 4 hours. last time I had a concussion (swim staight into a wall, I can't remember if I pass out or not) my mom made me stay up for 4 hours then woke me up every 2 hours after that. I don't think it serious. your going to have a headache for a while. you'll be fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy