Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Have you ever had STITCHES For anything?
me when I was little fell on my chin off the sidewalk and got stiches, How about you?...

Arm Pain/Weakness?
Arm Weakness?
I think i could have a virus. I have had a headache for the past 5 days and it has been going through the back of my neck and head,i have also just recently been experiencing some ...

How long should it take to fully recover from a bad electric shock?

AGHHH! I just cut myself with a very sharp knife! Help!?
I was just cutting a tomato, and the knife slipped and cut my middle finger n my left hand. its very very deep, and wont stop bleeding. i just did it a few minutes ago. please hel me, i'm in ...

How do I get rid of a charlie horse?Besides flexing it and excersing it?
I have a major charlie horse and I cant get rid of it!I flexed it and exerciesed it nothing is helping! let me know a.s.a.p thanks everyone!...

Toe Injury: Unsure of what this is.?
Hi. About 3 years ago i was in the military and I stubbed my toe really hard while trying to open a huge heavy door really fast. I remember it hurt like hell but i jsut though it was a bad stubb, I ...

Lips really hurt!!!?
i dont know what is wrong with me...i was outside and i slipped on ice. i fell on my butt but my lips really hurt now. They are all cracked and feel dry! should i go to the ER? im sooo scared! ...

What to do if you took five vicodin at a time?
My boyfriend took five vicodin at one time and he's feeling scared and shaky. I dont know what to do, cus im not there with him....

Broken nose problem?
ok so i broke my nose when i was 11 after going over the handle bars on my bike. when my parents took me to the hospital the doctor said it is broke but will heal over time. iam 19 now and have a ...

How can I avoid getting a bad pain in my calf muscle??
Last night while I was asleep, I moved my leg and my calf muscle just twisted somehow and moved to the side of my leg instead of where it should be... why does this happen? About 5-10 minutes later ...

Do anyone know of any strech mark cream that really work (had a baby abnd they are terrible)?

I have a pain in my right hand help?!?

EXTREME HEALTH QUESTION regarding my anus area.?
For the past 2 weeks my ******** area hurt went i peed and was itchy and it was a very uncomfortable feeling. Ive drank massive amounts of water which has helped that out but as that got cleared away ...

Is it ever to late for stitches on a cut? I fell off bike injured palms, It has been ten days cut still open.?
One palm was just skin damage, but the other had a deep puncture in a half circle shape about 1/2 inch deep- down to fatty tissue about 3/4 inch long. It is on the base of my palm where all my folds ...

How long should it hurt?
How long should the pain of a sprained finger last?
Its been a over week now and it still really hurts!!...

Natural alternative to anti-inflammatory?
I've injured my shoulder and been prescribed pain-killers and anti-inflammatorys. The ibuprophen if making me really ill and I was wondering if there was an alternative anti-inflammatory.

I hit my pinkie toe on the door frame I think it's broken but my entire foot is purple. should i go to the dr?
It has been four days, I am just too cheap to pay a bill for nothing!!!...

Does anyone know what a "wide mediastium" is?

That was my eye!!?
My son whacked me in the eyeball yesterday with the edge of his report card ( on accident ), and it still won't quit watering. It feels like it is scraped or something, and every time I blink ...

I don't have health insurance, and get hit by a car, the driver has no auto insurance, who pays my med bill?

anj
How long will it take until my sprained ankle heals and I can walk?
I just sprained it yesterday (or i think it's sprained). Well it's swollen, but it hurts when i stand up. It's not really bad i guess it's just that it hurts a bit when i stand. How long will that take to heal, because I have to dance next week. I think i could stand if my foot wasn't numb, because it is and that's why it starts to hurt.

DOC Holliday
relax , sit down , call them and let them know that you will not make it>>>

when I sprained my ankle , I didn't let it heal all the way......well long story short I HAVE TWISTED MY ANKLE MORE THAN 11 TIMES, since then.so take good care of it now , if you want to be dancing in the future. (It might be fractured or even broken, for all you know .... and in that case 2-3 month rest should be about right.

childofevil2003
Rating
If you have not gone to the doctor................stop standing on it for a few days. Keep elevated and use ice 15 minutes off and on until it looks normal. If you want to dance next week you will need to stay off it as much as possible and it would help that if you need to go to school or other places wrapped it up.

For next week.......if it still hurts do not dance but if you must you can get stuff to numb your foot but is highly not recomended and it could end up getting worse.....hopefully you just sprained your foot.....I think you should see a doctor to make sure nothing is broken before you follow my advice because it can easily make it worse and you won't be able to dance for at least three months!!!

dancegrl4ever02
Rating
I just sprained my ankle on sunday and they put an air cast on me and I have to use crutches for at least a week. The hospital said that I have to keep off of it for 1-2 weeks....it really depends on how bad the sprain is... Hope ya feel better :)

Harmon
Stay off of it and keep it elevated.

I have had sprains that took two months to heal and I have had them heal in a week.

If you must walk and get around I suggest a pair of high top boots, tie them tight as you can stand them, the support will help. There are a number of home remedies but most do not work.

Best advice- stay off of it, otherwise your ankle will look like mine, be stiff and sore in the cold, and sprain quite easily.

firephotodude
ice rest and a compression bandage could help it heal in 2-4 weeks enough to get around functionally. as for it to fully heal, it would take another 2-3 weeks. while it heals though, walk with as little pressure on it as possible, limp or even get crutches if you have to. you heal, plus you just might get a sympathy appeal that might help to reschedule your dance.

marenkakittytea3
A few days, but only if you don't walk on it and get a brace for it from a doctor.

favreervaf
Depends on the severety of it. Most likely around 4-6 weeks to get back to normal functionality.

|Soldier|
Rating
With care, Im guessing 3-5 days. Without care, it will swell and last longer, for about 1-2 weeks.

Put ice on the specific area and lay off the leg. Slowly move your ankle around in a circle for blood flow and daily movement.

Hope it helps.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy