Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Broken Leg (Fracture)?
My dad fell off the ladder while working and now i'm afraid his leg won't be able to heal properly or completely. I'm really concern for his health and he is getting old soon. He is ...

Please help! Great grandma hit head?
Today my great grandmap came over and had to use the bathroom, next thing you now, she fell over and smashed her head. There is a nasty bump on her head and it had a bit of blood. She does not ...

My groin only hurts when I stretch it. What could be tha cause?

Omg i just ate a piece of my deodorant!!!!?
i was applying deodorant and i lifted the stick and a piece got chipped off and i swallowed it. i know this sounds weird but im serious here. what do i do?...

What the best cure for lower backpains?

My son has a head to toe rash. What could it be?
Starting Saturday my son, who is 7 yrs. old, was feeling tired and complained of a headache, Sunday the same thing. Monday thinking he was feeling better I sent him to school only to pick him up mid-...

Broken Toe What Should I do?
My boyfriend dropped me on the pavment i whaked my toe and screamed in pain. I Limped Home and after 2 days it still really hurting and i am still limping. Its very swollen and bruised i dont know ...

Which one is better,being without legs or without eyes?

I'm about to have knee surgary.?
i tore my acl and muniscas. i have to have the hamstring from behind my knee cut in half and rerouted up under my knee cap for a new acl. i was woundering how bad does it hurt after surgary.
if ...

How can i ask my mom to allow me to?
i have a sprained ankle, and the doctor said to use a splint and if that doesnt work, get crutches. so i was gonna get crutches cuz it hurts really badly to walk on it, but my mom all of a sudden ...

Stomach hurts when i run?
i'm relatively fit but lately when i run i get this tight feeling all over my stomach. mostly just stitches on my left side. i don't feel sick and i get all pumped up but can't run cos ...

Does it effect the baby if you are taking pain medications for serious injury?
a pregnant mother that would be....

Can you really get athritis from popping your knuckles?
just wondering....

Are doctors able to make people live an extra 500 years?
Like can a doctor give you a new heart?Or when you get old and your bones hurt will they be able to replace the bad bones and give you new bones?...

What's the best way to stop swelling of black eye?

OUCH! .. please help me?!?
My breast just for the past two minutes has been throbbing, like painfully. Has anyone expierenced this before? Is it even normal? It's still throbbing.. only one.. and i cannot take it. W...

Have you ever fainted?
If so what happened?

I've fainted 3 times
1st when i fell and cut my fingers open the blood was too much lol
2nd i fainted onto my dad when i was ill
3rd i was ill ...

Is it normal to have bruising after getting your blood drawn?
I got my blood drawn this morning to get some tests done (cholesterol, etc). The lady took blood from my left arm, but because according to her, the blood was not coming out fast enough, she moved ...

Broken blood vessel in eye?
Is it normal for a broken blood vessel in the eye to spread over night?...

How do you know if you have fractured your wrist?
i hurt my wrist the other week when i ended up punching my bedroom wall, due to a tromatic split up between my parents, and due to me my lad of 5 years spliting up on the same night! so i do know ...

Tina C
How long will it take an arm sprain to heal?
My arm was sprained from being twisted forcibly. The first day I could not move it and the second day was only slightly better. By day three I was getting significant improvement. I am at day five and still have swelling pain and have not regained full range of motion

Chuck & Christy N
Rating
6 to 8 weeks like doctor said

Molly G
depending on how bad it was and how clumsy you are probably about 4 months.

Tony R
Rating
a decade

brown eyes
Rating
if you try to work it too hard too soon you will do more harm than good, you need to get it moving but keep in mind that it's still weak... just do "light" lifting with that arm until there is no pain any more. but dont baby it or it wont regain strength... there's a fine line.

?
Swelling... Take Aleve - Pains... Take Advil! Mostly I take both at the same time but don't overdose yourself! Usually sprains last only about a week... two weeks tops... just dont move a lot!

bobby
Rating
2 weeks min

tmboracles
I know you don't want to hear this, however, there are many variables. Your age and overall health. Your physical conditioning, are you sedentary or active. The severity of your injury, are there any associated ancillary injuries.
The big unknown is your diet, that can and does have a very definite effect on your health and your recovery.
A combination of ice and heat (not at the same time) will help healing and not using it any more than necessary, if you can, immobilize it.
If you are young, healthy, athletic and have an excellent diet then you could be essentially back to normal in two weeks. Otherwise you could be eight weeks and still feel tenderness.
I know that is hardly definitive, I hope it helped anyway.

Katze
There could be ligaments involved. You need to see a Doctor.

annie
2 weeks. my daughter took a flying leap off a sled in the mountains and sprained hers terribly. so bad they thought she had broken her elbow. she hadn't and she was back to normal in 2 weeks just like they said. she had a rough first week with it just like yourself. you need to keep your arm in a sling during that two weeks to give it time to heal too. but don't baby it. take it out every now and then and work it easily so it doesn't get weak and stiff.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy