Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I keep feeling really lightheaded, what i can i do to stop it?
i dont just get it when i stand up and stuff i always feel dizzy,

btw dont just say go to the doctors because i cant ...

Why does a paper cut seem to hurt more than other comparable minor injuries?

Stmptoms and treatment for mild concussion?
headache and feel dizzy got apunched in eye 3 days ago and have black eye no bump on head whast treatment can i take what will happen if dont go to a and e
Additional Details
been eatin ...

HELP me plz????
i have done severe tendon damage in my left knee and have been wearing a brace but my left foot has swollen up is this normal??...

Do you know what it feels like?

Need to know answer to this: part of this tree hurts your foot.?

Do you think that I should use crutches?
Last Thursday I sprained my ankle. It didn't swell or bruise but It is still tender and it hurts!
Wednesday I had gym and after my ankle hurt so badly but I also had gym today and my ankle ...

Sever Laceration / Going Numb On One Side / Signs Of Infection?
Two days ago I got a deep laceration into the muscle on my thumb that required 6 stitches to close up. I have been cleaning it with peroxide two times a day following the doctors orders.

O...

What did I do.... ???
My wedding ring finger is swollen so much I barely got my ring off. (Had to, it was making my finger hurt worse!)

Odd thing about it is... don't remember how I did it? (& Nothing ...

How do I get up the courage to cut myself?
Ok.So I've cut for over a month now.However,I've never had the complete courage to actually draw blood from cutting myself.I use knives and razors,and the pain is slowly starting to get ...

My cast got wet what should I do?
i have a broken ankle and i have a cast all the way up to my knee. i got it pretty wet in the shower and i tried blow drying it and it didn't work what should i do? also i just got it put on 2 ...

Numbness on hand and foot on one side, when moving neck around.?
My father experience numbness of the left hand side of his hand and foot, when he turns his head to the one side (sorry I can't remember if it's right or left) but there's no numbness ...

How can you tell if your skull is fractured without receiving medical advise?
i was drunk last weekend and feel straight back and wacked my head off the ground, i never thought anything of it until last night i told one of my friends its still sore. She told me that last year ...

How do I tell my mom that my ankle is hurt?
I decided that she needs to know so that I can get it checked out, but if I don't know how or when I really did it... (because all of a sudden it started hurting in the water a couple weeks ago, ...

When taking a hair follicle drug test from doctors office will it detect a small amount from 4 months ago?
4 months ago I took 2 hits and that was it, but I am worried if it is going to affect the job I have applied. I do not smoke, but it was this one stupid time and now I am afraid I ruined the chance ...

Is it possible to live without a lower jaw bone?
For that matter, can you swallow if your jaw is removed/destroyed? Since the tongue has nothing to brace against to begin peristalsis...

This is for a film script idea I'm working on, ...

Did you wake up with a big spot today?
my nose is killing me, any good creams out there ?...

Fell...knee hurts bad?
I fell earlier down a few stairs and I was walking fine after but just recently I got this pain in my right knee and I can't walk or even straighten it...what could have happened to it and what ...

Is cold or hot better for swelling?

I'm claustrophobic....are there alternatives for a broken wrist?
I freak out if there are things put on me or around me (a cast) that I can't take off...............I know this is kind of unusual, but I think that I broke my wrist and am afraid to go to the ...

lilrosie01
How long should you wait for a boil to go away?
Ok i am scared to go to the doctor, i have a boil on my leg and it hurts i had it for 4 weeks, I goes up and down isnt there anyway it will go away on its own??

Buzzy
Rating
Put hot compresses on it often to bring it to a head. When it pops put polysporin on it to help healing and to avoid infection.

sweetlady206
go to the doctor. it sounds like you have an abscess and will either need antibiotics or to have it drained and packed. if it needs to be drained they will numb the area and make a small incision and squeeze the pus out of the abscess pocket. then they will pack it with some gauze packing so that it heals from the inside out. if they were to just stitch it closed there is a high chance it will come back. don't be scared they have lots of ways to numb areas now and if you tell your doctor up front that you are scared they will take that into consideration.

my2cents793
Rating
You must seek medical attention. A boil is essentially an infection and requires treatment. If the infection gets worse, it can spread and cause more serious problems. See a doctor immediately while the problem is still manageable.

charm1936
do not squeeze it. use hot!!! (as hot as you can stand it ) wash cloths on the boil frequently. keep clothing away that may be rubbing against it irritating it. if the hot cloths dont help it come to a head you have to go to the drs. it may need to be lanced, or you may need antibiotics

mlgable
If it doesn't come to a head and drain within a week then it is time to go see the doc and get antibiotics to heal it. You said you have had yours for 4 weeks so call tomorrow and get seen at the docs office.

grapelady911
Rating
You may need to have it drained, but even if its not drained, you will need antibiotics. Depending on where its located on your leg it could be a clogged gland. I get those, very painfull.

pearl
Rating
I'd suggest going to the doc.I don't think it'll go away on its own. Once its drained I think you'll feel alot better. Keep that in mind. you don't want ot get a serious infection.

live for today
Most simple boils can be treated at home. Ideally, the treatment should begin as soon as a boil is noticed since early treatment may prevent later complications.

The primary treatment for most boils is heat application, usually with hot soaks or hot packs. Heat application increases the circulation to the area and allows the body to better fight off the infection by bringing antibodies and white blood cells to the site of infection.

As long as the boil is small and firm, opening the area and draining the boil is not helpful, even if the area is painful. However, once the boil becomes soft or "forms a head" (that is, a small pustule is noted in the boil), it can be ready to drain. Once drained, pain relief can be dramatic. Most small boils, such as those that form around hairs, drain on their own with soaking. On occasion, and especially with larger boils, the the larger boil will need to be drained or "lanced" by a healthcare practitioner. Frequently, these larger boils contain several pockets of pus that must be opened and drained.

Antibiotics are often used to eliminate the accompanying bacterial infection. Especially if there is an infection of the surrounding skin, the doctor often prescribes antibiotics. However, antibiotics are not needed in every situation. In fact, antibiotics have difficult penetrating the outer wall of an abscess well and often will not cure an abscess without additional surgical drainage.

edit:
Any boil or abscess in a patient with diabetes or a patient with an underlying illness that can be associated with a weakened immune system (such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.) should be evaluated by a healthcare practitioner. Additionally, many medicines, especially prednisone, that suppress the immune system (the natural infection-fighting system of the body) can complicate what would be an otherwise simple boil. Patients who are on such medications should consult their healthcare practitioner if they develop boils. (If you are not sure about your medications' effects on the immune system, your pharmacist may be able to explain to you which medicines to be concerned about.)

Any boil that is associated with a fever should receive medical attention. A "pilonidal cyst," a boil that occurs between the buttocks, is a special case. These almost always require medical treatment including drainage and packing (putting gauze in the opened abscess to assure it continues to drain). Finally, any painful boil that is not rapidly improving should be seen by the healthcare practitioner.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, July 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy