Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What is this?
I recently had a stomach x-ray, and the tech gave me some stuff to swallow, what is it called?...

Tips on disguising and healing a black eye?
For starters I am female. I got hit in the face 2days ago and now have an unbelievably obvious black eye. Its still REALLY dark and I have to see my grandma tomorrow and go out with friends on the ...

Please Help! I’m having heavy pain in my hand- and I’m only 20 years old. What is it??
When i crochet, play video games or anything else that requires repeated thumb movement, for short periods my hand starts to hurt.
Its the Palm of my hand directly under my thumb. It can be in ...

Left knee cap problem:?
"left knee of a friend around left side of kneecap just below looks swolen, a bit black and blue, no pain, but as the person walks, she says it feels a bit spongy. No health insurance due to ...

My husband had a bad seizure a couple hours ago and wont go to the hospital?
my husband just started 3rd shift a few weeks ago. He decided to stay up all day so he would sleep tonight and be up all day saturday. He drank a redbull to give him some energy, said he felt funny ...

Nose bleeds?
ive been getting more and more frequent nose bleeds.....??
why??...

How do you heal fractured tendens in the shoulders and arms please.?

Anyone have a bad back who can help?
i have got a really bad back, i have tried a hot bath, pain killers and streching it, it is my lower back, i dont know why it is really bad does anyone have any ideas how i can make the pain go away?...

If i plan to sue for injury due to an accident that left me with bad neck pain, should I not go back to work?
rear ended this week.
I don't want to miss work because it would create a problem for my employer....

Injury compensation claim?
I slipped at work on a spillage that had not been reported or cleaned up. My employer has told me that i will not be getting any sick pay what should i do? claim or not?
Additional Details<...

How soon after an operation can you fly?
My husband had minor surgery to his knee 2.1/2 weeks ago and we booked a holiday for Monday 9th July to Turkey. Someone has since said that you cannot fly for 1 month after an operation! If this is ...

Elbow Problems?
I have had this problem for a few years now it seems, in where eventual pressure seems to build up and causes stiffness in my right arm, forcing me to pop it to release that built up pressure. I ...

What do you use to scratch an itch while in a cast?

For how long do you need to keep a plaster for a wrist hairline fracture?
please answer....

How do you treat a burn that had a blood blister but the skin came off and it's just meat there?
I was burned at work from steam and it melted the skin off a portion of 2 of my fingers and someone told me to pull the dead skin off of it so I did and it made it worse. I don't know what to do,...

Something is wrong, please help?
Since yesterday, Ive been having dizzy spells and feeling weak. I was just in the kitchen like 15mins ago and felt really dizzy and fainted. I just remember waking up on the floor. Now I still feel a ...

Why have I lost my voice?
I woke up this morning and my voice has gone. I don't have a cold and I don't smoke. It doesn't seem to be getting any better either. Has this happened to you and how long will it last?...

Are these signs of panic attacks?
This has been going on for the last 6 months. But its only happened 3 times where i actually coudnt sleep. I feel worried and panicky. My hands,feet and my face kind of felt num like i couldnt feel ...

Someone help! my grandmother is in emergency surgery!?
my grandmother is far away from me and she is now in the hospital having emergency surgery because she has blood around her brain. all i know is that she fell, hit her head a few days ago and has ...

Anyone ever had really good ear plugs???
Just ordered the (apparently) worlds best ear plugs!!!! Meant to drown out all noise! Hoping it drowns the sweet smell of snoring out!!!! Before he gets a wack over the head with a frying pan! :-)...

robmurfitts
How long should it hurt?
How long should the pain of a sprained finger last?
Its been a over week now and it still really hurts!!

Mr_Digger
If it still hurts, go to the doc!

Depends how badly you sprained it, but it lasted about 4 days when i did it once.

A J
Rating
If it's broken, then it'll takes 6 weeks, if it's sprained or joint damage then it can take any length of time. (I dislocated my little finger joint about 2 years ago and I can still barely type on a computer using it, ((although that might be because I was half way up a mountain on this expedition so I just kinda popped it back into place myself - I don't recommend it coz it hurt like hell))) Hope it gets better soon.

spacedude4
Rating
Tape a popsicle stick to it and then tape it to the finger next to it. Yo uare probably still moving it and that is why it still hurts. Also take some Tylenol, it will dull the pain. If it still hurts and keeps getting worse go to the Doctor.

The Great Escape
Rating
Get a doctor to check that it is not broken

petunia1
Rating
There is no way you can know what the problem is unless you go to the Dr. and have it x-rayed.Could be a sight fracture or possibly a sprain. If it is a sprain it needs to be immobilized for a certain length of time. It will take weeks to heal. Sprains take longer to heal than fractures.

Old Man of Coniston!.
It sounds like a break to me!. If you cant apply any pressure at all, then I would go to A&E to have it x-rayed.

laplandfan
Rating
A sprain pain can last weeks or sometimes even months. Depends how bad a strain it is. If it is still bad in another week as for a referral to physio.

VixMix
Rating
Depends how bad you injured it in the first place. A bad sprain or fracture could hurt for a few weeks! To be honest, I wouldn't waste your time in A&E, you'll be at the bottom of the queue and everyone will be seen before you. If it is broken then they'll not do anything bar strap it up which you can do yourself. Use ibuprofen or paracetomol to control pain. Strap it to the next finger using micropore tape when your working and doing stuff. Exercise gently using a squishy ball to help blood flow around the injury site and to strengthen muscles. Build up exercise as time goes on.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy