Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Tooooooooooo much?
i`ve got to much emails i don`t want, pleese help, i`m loosing sleep!...

I gave blood yesterday and I have a massive bruise, is this normal?
I gave blood yesterday at my high school, and during the process my arm started to swell and bruise. Now, I have a bruise about 3 inches long that is black/blue and really swollen. My vein also seems ...

Landed on knee in a fall?
My leg gave out on me while carrying shopping home a couple of days ago and as i couldn't break my fall (carrying stuff in both hands) landed on my knee.
Still went to work but as the day ...

What diagnosis will cause me to end up in ICU?

I burnt my hand last night. How bad did I burn it?
I burnt my hand last night. It was hurting so bad it was tingling. I had to put ice on it all night while I slept. Today it looks really wrinkley and its all sweaty. Should I see a doctor or what ...

I fell down the stairs a few days ago and since then 2 of my fingers have had pins and needles. Any ideas?
I hate doctors so I havn't ...

I got my belly button done 3 months ago and i went to bed and it hurt when i woke up the skin on top was black
This is the second time i had it done i took the first one out due to pregnancy and i had no problems with it at all. this one was healing faster than the first one and now this happens i have been ...

Headaches, PLEASE HELP!?
I'm 14 and for the past 2 weeks I've been getting ATLEAST 3-5 headaches every single day. It's really starting to interfere with my daily routine. I talked to my parents about it, but ...

How can you make crutches hurt less under your arms?????
when i walk around under my arms it really hurts what shall i do????????...

Can sciatica which developes after a back injury be a life long condition?

Anyone know anything about ankle sprains/swelling?
i sprained my ankle 4 weeks ago,followed the rice procedure and have had physio etc, problem is although my ankle seems perfect the swelling is still there,not as bad as earlier but it won't ...

Dizziniess, plz help!??
Okay, I'm only twelve, but sometimes when I stand up I get dizzy and I have to lean against a wall to prevent myself from falling. I just started experiencing this a week ago and it hasn't ...

How long will it take to grow my toe nail back??
Ok so here's the deal. I'm a pitcher for my softball team and our coach got us all matching cleats (Mizuno). Ok so when I started wearing them and during games and stuff, as soon as I would ...

I have just skinned my knees by falling onto a treadmill!?
Please help me i am in a lot of pain, what should i do?

I know it sound rather funny, but my knees are killing me!...

What's the worst injury you've ever had?
I once knocked my two front teeth right out! whats your worst injury?...

If I go into a NHS hospital complaining of a badly hurting elbow what will happen?
if I go into a NHS hospital complaining of a badly hurting elbow that I suspect may be cracked or chipped by a forceful impact earlier on in the day what will happen?
Do I need identification? ...

Painful burn?
I was in my car and i thought it would be a good idea to tough the cigerate lighter(it wasen't...)and i got a bad burn, . What should i do(We dont have and first aid boxes or anything like that)...

My left wrist hurts a lot. What is wrong with it?
http://img384.imageshack
My wrist/hand hurts a lot in the red circled area. ESPECIALLY when I move the hand in the "prayer" position (aka bend it ...

My knee popped out of place i think and its driving me nuts?
Heres the problem. I was going to bed last night and i jumped on the bed all of a sudden it popped and was uncomfortible it dident heart to bad but i got up it popped in place everything was fine now ...

How Can i do it proper?
Well ive been trying to cut my wrists for the last hour? and i cant seem to do it untill my hands go numb ? oh and this isnt a joke ? its a question.......... anyone know how to do it till i bleed a ...

weluvbob
How long does it take to recover your muscle after being in a cast for 3 months?
I just got my cast off. I had it on for about 3 months. I got it off about 2 weeks ago. But I still walk funny, it looks like im limping...is anything wrong? our is this just lack of muscle?

Swimboy5
Don't worry, it should take about 2 weeks to a month to get in tip top condition. And don't play any contact sports until your arm is fully healed. Trust me, I went through it last year.

bollingdave
It takes some people a month before they get used to having it off. As long as there's no pain, you should be alright.

jan2
Rating
Its just normal for you to walk that way. Your muscle shrunk because it has no exercise for 3 months, to that effect it has no strength. It will be back to normal by constant exercise or by walking every day for one month.

fugazi
I was in a cast from foot to hip for 10 weeks in 2004. I was shocked by the muscle loss in my leg. I recovered full muscle back after about 3 months of therapy. Hope this helps.

ace
Rating
The limp is caused by a lack of muscle. It can take 4-6wks to get the muscle strengthened enough and even then there is the slight chance you could still have a limp, just not as noticeable. As time goes by, and your leg becomes stronger, the less noticeable your limp will appear.

spongebobrogers
Normal, it depends on you age. The younger you are the faster you will recover. If you were in a cast for 3 months it will probably take at least 2-3 months to recover if you do rehab exercise it can take longer though. You can do exercises on just you weak leg to help build the muscles of that leg back up.

Ed Teach
It takes several months to regain your basic strength. Walking does make the muscles work again.

Formal rehab is advised. Many people develop bad habits after an injury in regards to walking gait. Can lead to other problems for other joints including your back.

First you need to regain your normal motion in the joints that were locked in the cast. Then specific strengthening exercises. A PT or ATC may see you 3x a week or once every few weeks to update a home program. However the real key to a good rehab is your willingness to follow direction.

It does take large muscles longer to fully develop.

ankpup8
try physical therapy to build back up that muscle

treknext
Rating
half the time it was immobilized is a good rule of thumb...

if you were in a cast for 3 mos, give yourself 1-1/2 months to build your muscle back

don't be discouraged if it takes that long...

Samantha
you have to have physical therapy, basically just excercise.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, April 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy