Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I smashed my fingernail. Now 25% of it is black near the base. Will I lose my nail?
Or will it grow out? If it grows out, how long will it take? What can I do to make it look normal again? Should I grab a pliers and pull it off? Does eating jello for gelatin make it grow faster?...

How to remove objects safely from the anus?
I have a cap (waterbottle) stuck in my anus. My friend pulled a prank on me while I was sleeping -_-.

Should I try to remove it, or just leave it and let it come naturally out?

I just had knee surgery, what can I do for the pain?
I dont have Vicadin or any other medications until this weekend. What else could I do? It's really painful. Someone give me ...

My toenail fell off, can I paint it?
So my toenail fell off, and now there's just a stubby little half nail. Can I paint it so people can't tell? Will putting more coats on the skin help? What color should I use. It needs ...

My husband's eye doctor put drops in his eyes and he hasn't seen clearly since.?
Can this be reversed?...

How do you treat a sprained ankle?

I hit my shoulder on the ground yesterday i heard a crack ...?
and i wanted to know what is wrong ok here are some symptoms

everytime i move my arm theres a sharp pain every time i rotate my shoulder it kills

standing still my arm feels ...

Help! I think i have glass in my foot from a night out?!?
before i start no nasty comment please.....

i was out last night and was dancing bare foot in a club (yes i no i should have had my shoes on!)
and woke up this morning and my foot ...

Accidentally got stabbed in the leg tonight, with a steak knife. . .What to do?
I accidently got stabbed in the leg heigh with a steak knifekitchen knife, it went about 2-3 inches in my leg, it went through my jeanspocket and all. It's stopped bleeding, but is puffed up ...

Is my nose broken?
Last night I had to get up to get my son who was crying, and ended up walking right into the doorway to his room. I hit my nose really hard and it began to bleed from the left nostril. I applied ...

Gotta help me, PLEASE?
I have severe back pain, I had an MRI and it showed nothing out of place. What can be done for my pain. Just because and MRI shows nothing ,doesnt mean Im not hurt. The pain goes into my right leg, I ...

My friend just stuck a pin in my eye , and i cant open it, what should i do???
i cant tell anyone because then my friend would get in trouble. so what should i do? should i just wash it??iam scared tat i will go blind!!!! i took the pin out but now it wont open and alot of ...

Are you worried about dieing?

How can I break my toe or my ankle by in the morning? HELP PLZ!!!!!?

Additional Details
I have a huge paper due in the morning and I haven't completed it however my mom is going 2 make me go 2 school if it isnt broken. Can u please give me ...

I got run over this morning, i had a row with my mom and i am not saying, what it was about.?
the car was only going 10 - 20mph, the soles on my trainers came away and i slipped and lost by balance, the car didn't barely touch me, lucky enough the lady saw me otherwise i could of been ...

I'm embarrassed but?
I have real bad gas and not the burping kind.. I must have to pas gas 50 times a day if not more and not little farts either . Family members say it isn't normal to fart that often. and i'm ...

HELLLLLLLP MAJOR ACCIDENT PLEASe!?
Hi as i was riding to skool like many other days, i jumped a jerb and my wheel came off and therefore landed straight on my face lots of blood. Ambulence came and i was all stitched up and ready to ...

Can I get permanent scarring from cutting myself very lightly with a normal BIC razor?
Well I was in the shower and I was pretty angry, and this only the second time I've self harmed in my life. Anyway, I just basically made a lot of scratches on my skin with the BIC razor. The ...

Stingin hands form peppers HELP!!!!?
My hands are stinging, I cut up Jalipeno peppers up and like a idiot did not use gloves my hands are burning after about 15 hours please helps???...

How do you shower with a cast on your foot and calf?

Ajay B
How long does it take for a bruise to go away?

XXGuitarXplayaX
Rating
depends on how fast you heal. When ever i get one it goes away ussally in a couple of days

summer
Rating
usually 1 to 2 days

hihcsadjkghasP
A week or two, the worse it is, the longer it will take

Charlie B
Rating
Bruises are a sighn of a true parkourest or "traceur"
"even though we seek perfection we wear our scars with pride"
meaning we know we are better because of the pain we have gone through to get to where we are now.

Mae
Rating
It depends on the size of the contusion, but a bruise is basically damaged blood vessels underneath the skin, often caused by blunt force. Blood leaks from the vessels into the tissue, hence the purple/blue/green color. Minor bruises go away in a few days or weeks. More severe bruises take longer to heal. If you wish to speed up the healing, or reduce inflammation, you can take NSAIDs (such as Aleve), and take vitamins, or eat lots of fruit. Vitamin C helps to heal wounds. Arnica gel and ice can be used as well to ease swelling and reduce pain.

Jason R
Depends on how dark the bruise actually is...but def check the symptom checker at WebMD ^_^

Caridee Georgia
Rating
a few weeks :( i have tons and i dont even know where i got them.

foxxx
it depends on the type of bruise

if its extremely dark
a week?

it its light
1 - 2 days

in the middle
maybe 3

Dave
1-2 week usually, give or take a few days, depending on the severity of the bruise.

BrotherRock
Rating
Only a few days.

I recommend that instead of focusing your energy on how bad your bruise looks, you should go out and have fun.

Caring about trivial thinks such as this is dumb.

vikingsman18
if it is a minor bruise i say 1 week, but if it is severe it depends on how you treat it

nint3ndo chic
umm about a couple of days......yeah....

Julie R
a week or two?? no no no!

they can go on for months...

i had one the size of a golf ball simply by bumping into the snow blower... and that was in march... it went away in may

thats 2 months

ripe00
depends how bad it is, i say a week

The Stranger
Rating
A bruise (also known as a contusion) usually last about 2 weeks. You can determine the age of a bruise by the color of it. It usually is:
day 1-5 the bruise appears black or blue
day 5-10 the bruise is lighter and more or less green or dark yellow
day 10-14 the bruise turns yellow and then fades completely

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy