Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I smashed the tip of my finger with a hammer and now the nail is falling off. Will it grow back?
I was not born to be a carpenter....

Is its true that if you slice up patatos and put them around your arm you can break your arm(pls read details)
I heard from somewhere that if you slice patatos and put them allll over your arm and wrap it in cloth and leave it there for 24 hours then wack your arm againest somthing it will be a pain free ...

When you get a cut, what do you do to make it heal?
A regular cut takes a very long time to heal completely. What should I do? I want it to heal fast. And yes i do eat a lot of fruit so i have enough vitamins.
When my hamster bit me 2 weeks ago, ...

Can anyone figure out whats wrong with me?
i dont really know how to describe it but basically my head somethimes feels like its guna explode and feels really tight, like if i bend over to pick something up of the floor it really hurts, it ...

Have you ever had an accident at work?
I did today, tripped over a hoover, and fell on top of my work mate, I hurt her back, and i have a bruise on my leg, but it is recorded in the accident book, we had a good laugh about it!
A...

Can you break a bone in your hand if you punch a wall?

I've got the same pants on as I had on yesterday....is this really bad for me?

My friend sat on a toilet at work, and it collapsed...?
it fell with her on it, shattered everywhere, and she is sore from the fall, but not cut(luckily)... does she have a case???...
im not sure where to catagorize this one......

Ive burnt my little finger how do i stop it hurtin so much?
its in a cup of iced water at the moment but wen i take it out it ...

My mouth has been scalded by some hot soup in a hotel. What would you do?
I had a bowl of soup in a hotel today and the soup was so hot that it has burned the roof of my mouth. The staff, in the hotel, were not at all interested. The manager filled in an accident form ...

How Can I get rid of a Black eye by tomorrow?
My dog hit me and I got a black eye ! [He's a boxer ] I really need to get rid of it by tomorrow because I'm going to a family reunion and they are going to make fun of me! Please help I ...

What are signs of a broken rib?

If your partner ended up paralysed from the neck down and was kept alive by machines?
if they asked you to turn the machine off could you do it?...

Could I have a little sympathy please?
I've just fallen over in the garden and my knees hurt - owwww! No one here to sympathise, so I call on you out there in yahoo land. Ow again! (I hasten to add, I don't need first aid, just ...

My husband stepped on a rusted nail today, what Antibiotics are good for infection?
My husband fell off a ladder and landed on a rusted nail. The nail went through his shoe, in the ball of his foot and went in pretty deep, he thinks it hit the bone in his big toe or maybe a tendon. H...

Where is the oddist place u have been biten?
i have been biten on my chest it hurts i have put cream on it but it ...

I think my 2 month old pitbull leg is fractured, What do I do?

What should you do if you had an ingrown toenail?
i have had an ingrown toenail for about a week and it didnt start hurting until this morning when i woke up. what should i do 2 get rid of it or itleast make it stop hurting bcuz i have softball ...

Does pee cure a black eye?

How can I make bruising disapear quicker - I have a black eye!!! :-(?

Additional Details
I had a little clubbing incident for all of you that want to know!!! Thanks for the help by the way!!!...

laura
How do you make it stop?
Oh my gosh!!! Seriously it is the most annoying thing ever. My eyes have been doing this thing for the past couple of months where they will randomly twitch.

What causes an eye to twitch? How do you make it stop???

♪Smurfs support the Beatles♫
You don't... actually i have no idea. the ideal person to ask is an i doctor... cause that would make sense since it's your eyes sorry i couldn't help!

eal76
are you drinking too much caffeine like too much coffee or soda? This can be a cause

get some tea leaves and put them like in a cup then add boiling water let it get dark and cool after that get a cotton swab and dap it in the teaa liitle, then just rub it carefully around ur eye and then it will calm the itch down i know it from my experience but if u want it to defenatly stop conact ur doctor

Basieńkaa
Sorry -- no answer.

But this happens to me pretty often. I look at something and, all of a sudden, my eyes twitch and I lose my concentration. My optometrist said it could be because of my astigmatism. Perhaps something to do with myopia??

I have no idea. I could use an answer, too.

B M
Rating
i think the best bet is to go to the GP or go to your optitions

Faz Time
doctor!!!!!

Julia J 2.0
It is a nerve twitching. I don't know what to do.

Kevin M
YOUR TURNING INTO A WEARWOLF!!!!!RUN!!! lol

E.l.i.z.a =]]
Eye docter, it might a be muscel twich

cwis4444
Rating
If you go on the computer, iPod, TV, e.c.t., you should turn away for 30 seconds after a while. That's what my eye doctor said to me.

alex c
consolt your doctor and let him proscribe you eye drops if still twitching consult a phasistion

KameCory
Rating
You May Have A Blinking Disorder Called Blepharospasm. Eye Twitching May Be Caused By Stress...Corneal Irritation..Lack Of Sleep.. Fatique.. Staring For Long Periods.. Eye Strain.. Its Possible To Be Hereditary... Theres No Successful Cure But There Probably Are Ways To Reduce The Twitching

makayla
Rating
i know!!!! it means u didn't get enough sleep!!! that happened to me and i went to the doctor and they told me that!

D and G Gifts Etc
Rating
It appears most eye twiches are harmless, involuntary spasms of the tiny muscles surrounding the eye. Some causes are fatigue, squinting a lot, consuming too much caffeine, or working in a less than ideal visual environment, e.g., staring at a computer screens for long periods of time. Just like a muscle spasm at any other part of the body, an eye twitch can mean you've taxed your muscles and need to relax them.

At home treatments that may help include hot baths, warm or cold compresses, rinsing your eyes out with warm water, or administrating eye drops.

However persistent, more violent eye twitches could be a symptom of other physical or psychological ailments, such as undue stress or temper tantrums, neurological damage, or even epilepsy.

A blepharospasm is the medical term for twitching that usually involves both eyelids and can result in embarrassing social episodes, most commonly attributed to stress. Some sufferers seek relief from the involuntary spasms with botox injections and anti-epileptic drugs that can relax the surrounding muscles.

The more serious hemifacial spasm can involve violent twitching that extends to the side of the face, and can affect speech and eating. This is usually a result of inflammed nerves and should be treated by an opthlamologist.

If your innocent eye twitching becomes more persistent, a trip to the eye doctor would be well advised.

brooke
Rating
I had a friend who had this and they learned how to control it. Just try not to focus on things so hard and it should stop. If it doesnt you should really go see a doctor

raindrop: P
You might have a tic(no not the bug) , which is caused by stress or tiredness so try your best to get your sleep and to not sweat the small stuff and it might help.

Destiparted
I would recommend you go see a doctor.

wordykat
I used to get that all the time & it drove me bananas but one day it just stopped as quick as it has started

jennipoo
Rating
i know i know
i have that to..
its nothing to be worried about, it just happens and it will go away eventually

one time it lasted a week. lols

cryllie
cut out caffeine from your diet, make sure you get enough sleep, and when it twitches you can try some light pressure on the eyelid to soothe the muscle. this is often a result of too much stress, so review your life for stress sources and think about what your body is saying, okay?

best wishes,
cryllie

moltenwax
Rating
hoa . .. Iam not kidding! I have had the exat same thing happenig. I feel I am geting plenty sleep. It's just my left eye too. So annoying when trying t tak to someone looking into their eyes!

~mobabe~
Eyelid twitches require no treatment and they usually resolve on their own. Reduce stress, adequate sleep, reduce caffeine, use warm soaks, or massage may help since it is nerve related.

Craig Poole
Rating
Stress or tiredness

Alicia L
Rating
Stress can do it. I went through a rough patch and developed this annoying twitch that lasted a few months. It went away once I got over that phase. You should mention it to your doctor though, so that he/she can rule out other causes.

adolphicorn
Rating
stress can cause it to twitch check with a dr

Miss Ladybug
Rating
My daughter has been having the same problem. I looked up and research and it is most likely caused by stress. We made an effort to help her relax and it has seemed to help. It relaxing doesn't help for you, I suggest talking to your doctor. Though everything I read, said it is not harmful.

Adam on the Gold Coast
Rating
I get that sometimes too, apparently it is usually caused from tiredness, I'll post a link below which explains it . . . its very annoying I know . . . if it is a sleep thing you'll probably need to make an effort to go to sleep an hour earlier each night, try and aim for at least 8 hours sleep and over a couple of weeks the twitching should stop. . .

Andie18888
Rating
That happens to me sometimes when I'm either stressed out or haven't been sleeping very well. I totally hate the twichy thing! It always happens to me when I'm in school! I wouldn't worry about it too much though, just take a load off and get some good sleep :)

neanderthal
Rating
nerves. relax. go to the park one day. take off work. you are too nervous about things but then so am i . .

beth
Apparently it´s a sign of nervousness. There´s nothing you can do apart from RELAX;o).

Attitude determines altitudeGIRL
Rating
when you eyes twitch a nerve gets irrated or a mussle causes this
to stop it stop rubbing your eyes when it twitches see your doctor and she might recomnd surgery or eye drops
good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy