Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How do I know if my wrist is broken?
I think my wrist is either broken or dislocated cause it really hurts and is swelling up bad, but I don't feel like going to the doctor unless its actually broken, what signs should i look for?...

Is this dangerous?
I have a piece of lead from a pencil inside the palm of my hand.

almost 7 or 8 years ago i accidently stabbed myself with my pencil in the palm of my hand when i fell.
I thought i got ...

Is this an infection in my ear piercing?????????????????...
ok so i asked before if i had an earing infection because i got my ears double pierced and after the 6 weeks they told me to keep the earings in they told me i could take them out so i did to clean ...

How can I tell if my rib is broken ?
I went to a party thinking I was just going there to socialize. But, a friend of mine became hyper after having something to drink decided to start jabbing at me. Then someone else tried to pick me ...

I strained the muscles in my lower back and now im at work and in pain, any advice?
I have already got an ice pack from the break room and know that I should get up every once in a while and walk around. Any other advice on how to stay comfortable in front of the computer all day?<...

Broken finger?
Yesturday playing softball I got hit with the ball and my fingers immediately swelled and went kinda numb (I'm not exactly sure how I got hit.I was catching the ball and my hand just kinda got ...

My ankle. please help asap!?
yes i know i already asked this in pain i just need answers quick!

please help i am 16 year old girl. i was jumping on my trampoline and my foot fell right throught the spring and i ...

Have you ever broken any bones?
If so what?...

My sons finger was slammed in a door at his daycare and required stitches. Can I sue?

My earing holes are kinda streched out and too low?
Instead of a nice little hole over the years (i am only 25) they have been streched down and when I wear small earings they` don't look nice and tehy hang weird. I have had them peirced for ...

I just dropped a knife on my toe!?
And now I am having rouble finding it. So any tips on where to look. Getting kinda dizzy now and the paramedics said that in a little while it will be to late to reattach it. HELP!...

I got my toe cought in a bike wheel and i think it's broken. is it broken?
it hurts when i move it, and it's a bit hard to walk now....

A pieceof iron fell on my finger and it is swollen and painful with a red lump at the bottom. What is this?

I seem to have the most smallest of particles (from a grinder) in my eye ,it is visible How can I get it out?

Could you do this?
This guy I know recently got into a wreck and damaged his eye and in order to retain his vision he had to get a shot directly in his eyeball!! He had to sit there and stare at this tiny dot on the ...

How do you like to relax after a hard day?

What do i do when i am depressed?
i cut my self sometimes b/c I get depressed so easily what els should I ...

Should I take her to the doctor?
My daughter and I were at the park today and I was pushing her on the swings when out of no where a little boy ran underneath the swing while she was in mid air,My heart just fell to the floor,there ...

Injury! please help?
I hurt my ankle 2 weeks ago.
the pain went away and I got of my crutches.
but now it's starting to hurt again.
what's happeneing?
how can I get rid of the pain? what ...

Have you ever been decapitated?
just wondering......

Billy Idol
How do I "pop" a dislocated shoulder back into it's socket?
I have dislocated my left shoulder three times now. Everytime I go to the emergency room It takes them 2 hours to get me in a room and another 2 hours to get someone to "pop" my shoulder back in. (which takes 2 minutes to get it in). Everytime they do it they drug me up on some super morphine stuff that makes me black out for a minute, so I cant see what they're doing. I was wondering if there was a faster, of course cheaper and safer way of doing it.

u12fme
by flinging poop

jeff s
Rating
you might need help to find out why it keeps popping out, might be tendons repair needed.

Good Vibrations
My suggestion would be to amputate all of your limbs. It's quick, can be done with any household saw, and you won't have to worry about dislocating anything again.

Sara
See a chiropractor immediatley. You cannot do this yourself!

Tom H
Rating
There's a faster way, as you just whip your arm back into place. But, it is definitely not a safer way.

littlebopeep
Rating
Ouch! Sorry I can't help.

Audrey K
Rating
i think you should just go to the emergency room because it hurts alot when they pop it back into place. that's why they gave you the medicine that made you black out

Life is Good
You have to pull down, then push while aiming correctly. (sort of inwards).

ChatNoir
Rating
go to the doctor.. if you do it wrong you can cause much more harm than good. (ie:pinched nerves or even soft tissue injuries)

3 nails
that doesn't sound so safe. God bless you.

billybetters2
Let the professionals do it. You can severly hurt yourself trying to put it back in on your own. Possibly needing surgery.

sp33dy222
Rating
Have a strong friend give it a quick yank at a 45 degree angle from you nose. One good yank and it should pop in place. Make sure you stay relaxed when he's yanking it. Tell him not to count to three or anything like that because the surprise factor of when he will yank is also very important. If you anticipate it, you will tense up and make it harder to pop back in.

bikerchick
Rating
i have dislocated mine 4 times and get the same drug. One time they did not give me enough med and tried to pull it back and did more damage than good. I just posted a question about this same issue; I have severe pain behind my shoulder blade, all the time, since I dislocated the first time. Do you ever have any pain in between dislocations?

sunnyday4me
Rating
hold your arm up in the air and tug on it alittle and that might help, I put mine in that way. Mine came out of socket while I was sleeping with my arm up o my pillow..Too weird..

roxylee11782
My boyfriend dislocated his left shoulder by wrestling. We spend 3.5 hours at the ER. I saw what the "pregnant" doctor did. It's very simple. but I wouldn't advise you to try it without any experience or supervison. It could cause more damage than before.

cheaper solution? You could always try a doctor with the D.O. on the end of their name rather than M.D. Because the D.O's specialize in bones.

paulbaby
run ito the wall the other way or GO TO THE DOC!!!

rhino_man420
ouch

Newfy
Ummmmm........WITH A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why w
thanks for my 2 points

?
hmmm, well you could have someone hold your arm out straight to the side, and you relax completely and with just an easy pull it should go back... there is only a small ridge it has to go over for the most common dislocation...
but once you dislocate your arm you are always at an increased risk of dislocating, so you should do lots of shoulder strengthening exercises to tighten it up as much as possible.

?
Do you really think that it's not going to hurt?

hvandyk82
OK, I am advising you that I am not a medical professional but I have done this several times before as I have crashed many ATV's. Have a strong buddie of yours hold the arm that is connected to the dis-located sholder and make him pull really really hard, and super fast, it hurts like hell but it save the ER trip. I guess the super morphin isnt that bad though :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy