Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Whats the longest you see ok not to take a shower?
Without strenous activity....

I had cut in the white area of my eye.?
i had a cut in the white area of my eye.
I flushed my eye with water.
but still i feel something is there in eye.
Is this cut be permananet through the whole life ?
Additional D...

The car door got slammed shut by my son.Unfortunately my middle finger was in it.Help!?
I applied an ice pack,but the swelling has started to get worse.How do I know if my finger is broken?The pain now is about a 6 on a 1-10 scale....

I burned myself on the oven and I need to know if there's something other than ice to keep it from hurting

Does anybody got some great ideas on how to hide cuts?
see i kinda sometimes get overstresed n i cut myself but my parents dont know it there are cuts rite by the bottom of my thumb n a few on my wrists...i dont want my parents to know other wise im in ...

Have you ever thought that it couldn’t get any worse-and then it did?

Swollen/Sore Foot tattoo?
I got my first tattoo about 6 days ago on the top of my foot. It got very swollen at first, but the tattoo artist said that would happen. I am a little concerned because it has been almost a week ...

How long should it take to recover from a sprained ankle?
I sprained my ankle just over 1 month ago. I went to hospital and they done an x-ray and said nothing was broken and to keep weight off it for 24 hrs. Although the swelling has went down a lot, there ...

What could this be------->SERIOUS answers nly PLEASE?
Ok here's a list of my symptoms do you know what it could possibly be?
-Freqient Nose bleeds lasting hours about 2-3 times daily
-rash covering chest (raised red lumps very sore)

Swollen wrists?
My left wrist is swollen, i haven't fell over or done a exercise. its very tender and saw and the pain is coming across to my hand. any ...

How can i stop getting Electric shocks from my TV ? its kinda hurting me now :(?

Cuts at corners of my mouth?
Afternoon

I constantly seem to keep getting cuts at the corner of my mouth. They are only small but hurt like hell and i have to be very careful about trying to keep that side of my mouth ...

My ears?!?
they kinda feel like their close
like when sometimes it full with water after
you went to the pool

well it feels the same except
it not water
its air

any ...

Can an employee receive workman's comp for injury sustained outside of work in Wisconsin?

How do i stop my foot from bleeding?
i stepped on a piece of glass....

I fell of my trampoline and i hurt my wrist?
it is quite swollen and painfull so can any1 give me advice
Additional Details
ive done rice

rest
ice
copresion
elevation

ive got it in a arm ...

Need help emergency ive been injured?
yesterday i was watching my sis in the pool and i had my bathing suit on just in case and my sister pushed me and i lost my footing and my shoulders and up landed in the water while my back hit the ...

I'm having a bad day!!?
If anyone wants to know...
1) I broke my shin bone, and my ankle(I was doing this thing where you do a flip off of the high bar in uneven bars, and you do a flip and you also spin. I landed ...

I cut my wrist.?
Ok I'm 12 and I just cut my wrist.First this guy did it then I did it then another girl did it.I wish I didn't do it and would never do it again.But will it scar?My friends are worried bc I ...

How long do you have to wait for results of an MRI Scan???

Kei
How do I know if my wrist is broken or just sprained?
I went bike riding this morning and I took a dive. LOL. Anyway, I tried to stop the fall by sticking my arm, silly me. Anyways, all my weight fell on it and my wrist hurts like hell. My mom said that its probably just sprained because I would be able to feel the broken bone, if it was broke. Is that true?
Additional Details
The pain got really bad,so I went to ER and I broke it. This is going to be hell on earth.

elitesouthwest
can you use your hand to pleasure yourself?

wantsshy
x-ray only way to know

Stacie S msbearr
It could be sprung then again it could be broken. My daughter broke her wrist and she could still move it but it hurt like heck. A sprain will hurt on a scale form 1 to 10 made an 8, but a break would hurt like a 10 plus,' And turn purple so I've been told.

Zaina
since you still can type " LOL" then it's just sprained.
but even though you should let a doctor check it, you might have injured the tendons or you’ve fractioned the bone.
And that’s why you are feeling like hell.
Tendons injuries are a very serious, and the pain lasts for as long as you live if you don’t cure it. Not like when a bone is fractioned or broken

imsety
dear young lady, your mom is probably right about your wrist and if were broken there will be excruciated pain and plus bone protruding, my opinion you have a sprained wrist.

♥♥Nicole♥♥
LOL! I just broke my wrist and got surgery but my cast just came off. I would still take a trip to the emergency room just to be sure. I didn't think mine was broken and then found out that I had broken it and dis-located the bone! Scary! Even if it is sprained it doesn't hurt to go in anyways.

You wouldn't be able to feel the broken bone trust me. Just have it checked.

BBHunter
If it was broken, you likely wouldn't be able to move it and it would swell A LOT and their will be a dark discoloration of the skin. If it was just a sprain you would most likely be able to move it with a bit of a swell - possibly some discoloration of skin. Difficult part is distinguising a sprain from a hairline fracture. If it hurts a lot, have it x-rayed just in case.

Mya W
Rating
Go get it checked out. And dont wait to long because the longer you wait the worse it will get.

Rating
One quick way is to just simply ask yourself: does it hurt like extreme HELL? then it's broken. If it's hurting but you can move it and feel it, then it's sprained.

Coke Nicola
Well I don't know if that's true......but I think you should go to your doctor and and get an x-ray, just to be safe.

~audrey~
Rating
the only to tell for sure if a bone is broken or not is to get an xray. i recently broke my finger, and thought it was a sprain because i still had fill range of motion. if it was a really bad break you might be able to feel the bone, otherwise you probably couldnt. i would get an xray just to be safe.

baroness
If you can move it at all it's probably not broken. Sorry about your wrist!

kiwi_mum1966
Please go get it xrayed to be sure that u don't have a hairline fracture. When I sprained my ankle (over 20 years ago now) the doctor told me to stay off it. I was an idiot and walked on it. Now, when I'm tired or sick or there is a dramatic change in the weather, I still feel pain in the area that was sprained. Even sometimes when I think about it, like now, it hurts. I did have it xrayed and there was ligament damage. If it's not treated, ligament damage never heals properly. Please have it checked out just to be sure. It's better to be safe than sorry.

kooties_2000
Swelling and discoloration are by no means reliable indicators of a broken or fractured bone. Gross deformities can sometimes be a good indication. Bone ends sticking out of the skin, known as an "open fracture" goes without saying. The only reliable method is to either have an Xray, CAT Scan, MRI or bone scan. Normally an Xray with lateral, oblique, anterior and posterior views will suffice. If not, then CAT Scans, MRI's or Bone Scans are even more reliable. That's just my opinion. Rad Tech. ( ^ _ ^ )

P.S.

You said that you fell on your out stretched hand? People who take a fall like you're describing can have what is known as a "scaphoid" or "snuff box" fracture. If you make the thumbs up sign, the scaphoid or snuff box is the dimple or depression on your wrist. You can readily see it. You can put your finger there. This type of injury is particuarly dangerous because blood flow is not as abundent in this area. Hence you could do yourself some real damage. Also you have eight wrist bones. You also have your radius located on your thumb side (scaphoid bone is located on this side as well.) And you have your ulnar bone located by your small digit or "pinky." Here's a treatment plan for you just in case you don't want to go to the E.R. RICE (N) Rest. Ice. Compression (ace wrap) Elevate and Non Steroidal anti-infammatory drugs. Naprosyn or mortin. Good luck chicka!
( ^ _ ^ )

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy