Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Please help my mom is hurt?
my mom has a fever all over. she's hurting her sides and chest and she has great leg pain and all over body pain and joints and neck back wrist knee elbow shoulder and ankle and hardly can walk. ...

BiG ProBleM! Need HelP FasT! =[?
ok so...i pierced my ear myself and its infected.. ..i waited a while and it scabbed. and my aunt repierced it with a needle and put string in side and my ear is all infected and the hole is red and ...

Swallowed a razor blade! hel[p?!?
My friend dared me to swallow a razor blade, but im not stupid... so I attached it to a string, then i wrapped the blade in tape (so it wouldnt cut my throat). I swallowed it, but when i pulled the ...

I broke my middle toe...
It's not a bad break though... what do I do with it?
It hurrts mayuhhn.

But I'm not going to the doctor. No insurance sooo that's out of the question lol....

Should I have a doctor check my eye after being hit by a coin?
Should I have a doctor check my eye after being hit by an object?
Last night, my friend threw a quarter and accidentally hit me in the eye...luckily my eye was closed...and today the area is ...

Cure for pulled muscle in lower back?
I got up from the sofa in a strange way I guess and felt my lower back wrench. It is quite painful. What is best? Hot or cold or both compress? For how long of each? Specific stretches/exercises? S...

I was hit in my left eye yesterday by a ball traveling at a very fast speed?
I completely lost my vision at the moment of impact and was in severe pain. I washed out my eye with water, applied eye drops and also applied ice to ckeep my eye from swelling. My vision has slowly ...

Broken arm!?
i broke my arm about 2 weeks ago in cheerleading. i broke it in 5 parts and had 4 fractures. i have to wear a full arm plaster cast for 8 months and then a brace on just my forearm for atleast 3. my ...

Both of my big toe nails are black and blue and i didnt drop anything on them does anyone know what it might b

OKAY, I'M confused.....45 cc's? How much is that?
My son, 22 yrs old, went to a ortho, had what HE said was only 45cc's of fluid out of his knee. They took a lot more out of mine, and it was about as swollen....Some DOCTOR or NURSE explain, ...

When i blink, my eyes make this sound, what could it be?
I've been using the computer sine 1997..so now it's about 10 years. many times i would spend lot of time staring at the monitor cause i had projects to do. then last year i started feeling ...

Is it bad that my wrists crack so much?
Years of gymnastics have really taken a toll on my wrists. Everytime I move them even the slightest bit, they make a really loud cracking noise, but I can't help it. Is this bad for my wrists? W...

Knee problem?
I don't have any history of knee problems, but just recently, my right knee feels almost out of place. As if it may give out. It isn't really painful - only if I squat it feels tight and ...

How can I help my sprained foot?
I don't exactly remember how.. but last night i seem to have sprained my foot.. I have work tomorrow which involves walking round and being on my feet all day! What can I do to make the pain ...

Ways to sprain your hand? or at least injure your hand? (see details)?
no, i am NOT a masochist. i have a very big piano exam that is comming up in two weeks, and i am not ready, and will fail even if i practice 10 hrs everyday from now until my exam. so basically, i ...

If..........help?
If you hit your head really bad and you got a lump on your head and your eye is becoming black and blue what should you do to prevent the black and blue and the ...

My eye is leaking??!!?
I just woke up before and my eye is leaking, what should I do?...

I bought asprin (bayer)but noticed it was expired a couple of months ago. SHould I throw it away?
Just wondering if this is safe?...

What is wrong? should i see a doc?
at work my co worker dropped a pallet of boxed paper down 20 fifty pound boxes on it and it caught my pinky toe like in my shoe. i couldnt get my shoe out my co worker lifted the pallet and i got my ...

I have done yoga approx 1 hour a day for 7 months. Suddenly aches in elbows appeared. Any idea why?
I did not do any postures leaning, or using my elbows....

derv_st_cool
How can you tell if your skull is fractured without receiving medical advise?
i was drunk last weekend and feel straight back and wacked my head off the ground, i never thought anything of it until last night i told one of my friends its still sore. She told me that last year she was at this paramedic talk and they said its really easy to fracture your skull and not know its fractured, and im starting to think that since my skull is particularily sore in one ares in the back of my head, that i may have fractured my skull???I do not wish to get an xray or seek medical advice so does anyone know, how to tell if your skull is fractured?? or does anyone know what might be wrong with me??

SBroX
OK, well if you have any sever head pain, you NEED to go to the hospital. You mif=ght have a concussion, broken skull, or something worse. You NEVER want to damage your brain, and the only way of treating a head injury requires professional medical attention. GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!!!

tess
Well, to start with it. It takes tremendous force to fracture your skull. I don't know what your friend was talking about. The reason the skull is so hard to fracture, is it's very tough, and has to be, to protect the brain.
I don't believe it's possible to fracture your skull & not have a very very bad concusion. If there's enough force to crack the skull, the brain would have to take a hard hit too.
In a depressed skull fracture, you can actually feel the dents in your head.

wantsshy
Well short of Cerebral Spinal Fluid leaking out of your head, or an orifice in your head, or pieces of your brain keep falling out of your head, it is nearly impossible to tell without imaging studies, x-ray, cat scan... Bruising behind the ears ( Battles sign's ) or bruising around the eyes ( Racoon's eyes ) are bad signs, but again not definitive diagnosis

opal1331
With something that can be very serious, why would you not want professional medical advise, doing it now might just save you many problems later in life.

Goldenrain
Even if you get x-rays to find out if it's fractured, what can you do about it. It probably can heal up on it's own.

joshkorah
A fractured skull is sure to result in a concussion. If you didn't experience nausia, vomiting, vision problems and headaches so bad that you couldn't look sideways, then you should be fine. Worst case scenario, if there is a slight fracture, it will heal on it's own.

cattle_chick_380
Well you need to realize that when you hit something really hard it bruises...but your bones are super strong so it takes alot to break one...

Wait about another week and if it doest stop hurting a little you need to go to the doctor...

You could have caused more serious damage...

nobodyinparticular
Rating
I fractured my skull in a car wreck once, and once I got to the emergency room, all they were interested in was my knee, because it was bleeding. They x-rayed it and cleaned it and bandaged it, and ignored me every time I told them I had hit my head.

The next morning I woke up with what they call "raccoon eyes." Purple all around my eyes. Major sign of a skull fracture. And swelling on my forehead where the fracture was.

Another sign of a skull fracture is what they call "Battle's sign," which is a bruised appearance on the skin behind the ear. The link is to a photo of Battle's sign.

You could have a skull fracture and have neither of these, because each is indicative of a fracture in a certain area.

Other signs of skull fracture (which I assume you didn't have since you didn't mention them) are blood and/or clear fluid (cerebrospinal fluid) coming from the ears or nose.

If you have had none of the signs of concussion (drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, headache, mental clouding, loss of consciousness), then you are fortunate, because hitting your head that way would usually would cause a concussion.

It is reasonable to have a sore spot from a bruise you got less than a week ago, so the fact that it is sore does not mean there is a fracture.

If you have had no signs of a concussion and nothing more than pain when you touch the spot, there is no need to see a doctor. If you did, they would probably take an x-ray and do nothing else. They don't treat them unless there is a piece of bone loose or if there is a piece of bone in the brain.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy