Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

It hurts to shake hands how do I gracefully not shake hands without appearing rude?
I have a lot of joint pain in my hands and arms and don't know how to gracefully get out of shaking hands with friends and aquaintances....

What do you all think of this a doctor who you called on the phone about a broken ankle?
the person who has the suspected broken ankle has epelipsey thats how they broke theyr ankle the doctor then says thats not urgent so you call back couple minutes later relising how serious this is ...

How can i help cure a sprained ankle quikly.?
It happened yesterday, is very swollen and bruised.
I have a football match on thursday night and training tomorrow night!

How can you tell if the bone has a hair line fracture or if it is badly sprained?
I play volleyball all the time and one time in practice I hit my wrist really hard on the ground while diving. This happened in November and it has been sore since then. When I try to lift heavy ...

If you break a bone, which one will hurt the most?
Please also include your explanations....

Does anyone know how to help bruises heal faster?
i have fair skin and I bruise very easy. Sometimes i dont even know what I hit to get the bruise. I have already had a full phsical and blood work and all is normal. does anyone know of a way to help ...

Could u break in bone in the bottom on your foot without really knowing?
on my foot the bottom not the toe but under where the toe connects it hurts. It is crunchy sounding when i push on it. Not in any extreme pain it is just annoying.
Additional Details
its ...

Losing a smashed fingernail?
I smashed my fingernail last month and it has been purple ever since. It is now acting like it will fall off. It is fraying at the cuticle area. There seems to be a new nail underneath. Will I ...

Is it okay to ice your ankle with a frozen bag of corn?
im just wondering because we're out of ice and our ice packs are no longer icy....

How to heal bruises fast?
I've got two massive ones on my knee and shin, the one on my knee is keeping me from being able to run or walk up stairs....

Okay..help! 10 points first good answer!?
my friend fell on her elbow pretty hard duing school
she was like crying andholding her elbow and saying i hurt alot.
we were on our way to an assembly so i tod her to just try and stop ...

Help I cant stop shaking!?
I was walking up the cement stairs and tripped skinned up my shin and tumbled down the stairs while i was doing that i swallowed my starburst and i started choking lukily for me my mom was just ...

When will my sprained ankle be back to 100%?
i sprained my ankle back in the third week of April. By the one month mark I was 98% better but it's been two months now and it hasn't improved the rest of the way since. It is very stiff ...

How do i stop bleeding from my nose too much?
im in boxing and i wanna know how i can stop my nose from bleeding so much , because when i get punched just a little bit i bleed a lot and when they keep hitting me it goes al over the place every ...

Ingrown toenail??
I have an ingrown toe. Its a little red weird stuff on the right corner of my toenail. Its a bit swollen BUT my feet are really big naturally. DOES THE SHOT HURT WHEN they numb your toe? IM 14 and im ...

I think I broke my pinky?
uhm, like it is kinda crooked, and my knuckles are ...

What Could I have Done?
This morning I was walking through my kitchen and there must have been some water on the floor because I kind of slid and in catching myself from falling my foot kind of twisted. It hurt quite badly,...

How do you ease muscle pain???
Well today when I was walking my dog, my idiot brother threw a ball and my dog (a Labrador) went rushing after it. He dashed so fast that I didn't have time to think so he yanked me forward and I...

I cant move my arm!!!!?
well i hit my arm on a brick wall and i heard a little crack and i can barely move it. PLEASE HELP
Additional Details
i cant go to the hospital because i dont have medicare what can i do?...

Should i call nhs24 or not?
i work as a support worker. while on shift, i have hurt my sholder. the thing is that when i move my sholder i get some shooting pains in my neck.i cant move my head around much. have tried a hot ...

clggirl234
How can you tell if you have broken your arm?
I tripped, fell, and scraped my entire right side and banged my left knee. I fell on my awm and now it REALLY hurts. I already soaked in a bath and it didn't help at all. I don't know if I broke it. How can you tell???
Additional Details
I cried and got up but I didn't know what to worry about first since so much hurt at once.

Mr.Right
well if you cant move your fingers and you screem and cry with pain from it then its broken but it just sounds like you sprained it.

{X-}Sai
it would be swollen.

sunshine on my window
easy were you crying and screaming estarically when the injury acured?????

furijen
Rating
Contrary to popular belief you can move your fingers with a broken arm so being able to move your finger doesn't rule out a fracture. Usually it will bruise and swell pretty bad along with intense pain which I've heard many patients describe as burning, severe aching or stabbing. Unless it's obviously deformed the only sure fire way to tell is an X-ray. You can avoid a long expensive ER visit by going to an urgent care center or your family doctor who can give you orders for a local radiology center. If you suspect that your arm is in fact broken you should have it evaluated. Not treating it could result in permanent damage like loss of sensations, and decreased range of motion. Hope you feel better!

caffsans
Rating
it could just be badly bruised
but go get an x-ray to be sure

Devaneymom
Rating
An xray is the only way to tell if you have a fracture. You can use ice, elevate and take an over the counter antiinflammatory such as ibuprofen if you aren't allergic. Then you need to decide if it hurts so badly that you need to go to the ER tonight or if you don't feel it is that bad, wait until tomorrow and call you family doctor. They can see you and send you for out patient xrays, which is usually alot less expensive.

♥@n$
Rating
Broken Arm Symptoms
Most broken arms have these symptoms:

A large amount of pain and increased pain when moving the arm

Swelling

Maybe an obvious deformity compared to the other arm

Possible open wound either from the bone puncturing the skin or from the skin being cut during the injury

Decreased sensation or inability to move the limb, which may indicate nerve damage

jwjkrjstorm
You would need an x-ray done to know for sure. I would suggest taking some ibuprofen for pain for the next 24 hrs, but if the pain doesn't subside by then you need to go to the Dr.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy