Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Could you do this?
This guy I know recently got into a wreck and damaged his eye and in order to retain his vision he had to get a shot directly in his eyeball!! He had to sit there and stare at this tiny dot on the ...

How do you like to relax after a hard day?

What do i do when i am depressed?
i cut my self sometimes b/c I get depressed so easily what els should I ...

Should I take her to the doctor?
My daughter and I were at the park today and I was pushing her on the swings when out of no where a little boy ran underneath the swing while she was in mid air,My heart just fell to the floor,there ...

Injury! please help?
I hurt my ankle 2 weeks ago.
the pain went away and I got of my crutches.
but now it's starting to hurt again.
what's happeneing?
how can I get rid of the pain? what ...

Have you ever been decapitated?
just wondering......

Could you survive being stabbed 20 or 30 times???
Also how long would it take you to bleed out if you were stabbed in the heart???
Additional Details
No I am not trying to hurt anyone or myself. I am just curious fromwatching all these E...

I hurt my tailbone. what to do?
I don't think I fractured or sprained it. It just hurts. What should I do to soothe the pain?...

Okay, i have a serious problem.?
i have a serious problem, and i already know that I need help. I've never cut myself before, and last night was the first AND LAST time I will...
I was REALLY stupid, I saw Pirates of the C...

IM IN DESPRET NEED OF HELP! SOMEoNE ANSWER THIS!! ANYONE!!! I NEED HELP!! READ THIS?
I HAV A RING STUCK ON MY FINGER AND IT WONT COME OFF! MY FINGER IS SWOLLEN AND IT KEEPS GETTIN BIGGER LITTLE BY LITTLE BUT IT HURTS SOO BAD! PLEASE HELP.. HOW CAN I GET IT OFF? ANY SUGGESTIONS?...

Is it true that you regularly break your little toe without knowing it?

If i drop a penny off the top of the empire state building, and it hits someone, will it kill them?

I don't like to cause pain to myself, but I am trying to break my foot or ankle.?
So far I have got it pretty bruised. I just want to break it so I can get a cast or a brace and crutches. The way I injure myself is by banging it repetitively, dropping heavy text books on it, using ...

How many bones have u broken in ur body?
i have borken 8 or 9 bones and i m only 12...

Broken wrist?
broke wrist on sunday ..op on monday .. 3 pins.. anyone else broke there wrist.. how long will the pain last .... any nurses know what happens next .. stitches out when ? full cast ? very unhappy ...

How can you take away pain after burning your self?
I have burnt two of my fingers an hour ago on some hair straighteners, i didnt relise they were on and i picked them up and they burnt 2 of my fingers.
I ran cold water over the burns but my ...

How do i remove my ring from my finger cant get it off thanks?

HELP OW i split my whole thumb open on a can of cat food and it's bleeding everywhere?
I HAVE NO MORE BAND AIDS AND IT'S BLEEDING EVERYWHERE AND IT HURTS BAAAD OW :(...

Am having my first blood test tomorrow. Hate and am scared of needles. Having a blood test is my biggest fear?
PLEASE HELP ME. Having blood test tomorrow for first time. I hate and am scared of needles. Reallu squeamish, and feel really sick just thinking about it.
What will happen?
Will it hurt?<...

Wierd painful small lump on the entrance of my nose?
About 2 nights ago, i went to sleep and then the next morning i woke up and i had a small lump on the entrance of my left nostrol. its not that big, its about the size of the top of a small stud ...

sandwreckoner
How can I tell if my rib is broken ?
I went to a party thinking I was just going there to socialize. But, a friend of mine became hyper after having something to drink decided to start jabbing at me. Then someone else tried to pick me up. I got squeezed in the process. I just feel some pain around my right rib cage every day .

diturtlelady2004
X-RAY

siege
There is no point in going to the doctor, all they will do is wrap your body in tight bandages and tell you it will heal in 6 wks. My mom breaks her ribs all the time (she's older it's a long story) and that is what they do every time.

It really hurts when you breath and move.

dazed_and_confused
if you had broken a rib, it would have hurt so bad you would have gone to the e.r.

a bruised rib can hurt really, really bad, though, and that is probably what is going on. not much to do but take some sort of pain reliever until the pain goes away.

greendaychick_luvstrecool
Go to the doc and get an x-ray

«~Mouse«~~
Only way to tell if you broke a rib is if u bend over and you have a sharp pain and the pain is going down your leg and it is difficult to breath and if there is alot of swelling and bruising My suggestion is go get it checked there really is nothing you can do for a broken rib unless the bone is broken from the rib cage..Pediatric nurse for 13 years

chiefs_0013
if your rib feels broken, like if it hurts alot

Barracuda
Rating
sharp pain upon inspiration (breathing in)
blackened, or bruised skin around site
extremely painful to touch
next to impossible to turn your torso without sharp pain at site

Snagelfritz
Rating
If, it Broke you can feel it, just take your fingers and feel one side that good and then the bad side. If, it just Cracked then it will heal on it's own. If, you have insurance go to Doctor and he may put one of those Elastic Type things around you. If, you not have Insurance Wal-Wort and other places sell them for about $10 and you can wrap it around yourself. They help it feel better until it heal.

amber_xx66
Rating
I've had cracked ribs,and that was hell you will know if you find it very pain full to even breathe,or cough i would go and get it checked out,Kathy

KH
If it pokes out of your t-shirt, then it's def broken.
Other wise get a scan

coke_weed_acid_it_dosent_matter
Rating
this will sound stupid but when i did a backflip on may skatboard and fell off i brokem my rib u can tell if u touch the rib u think u broke and push it in then push a different one in if the boith go in the same normal but if one goes in further then that ones broken and try not to move so much and go to the hospital also a if u dont have a blackn blue then its not broken

adobeprincess
Rating
A doctor can tell with an X-Ray.

litehmusicdj
Rating
you're either sore from all the abuse, or you need to get to a DOC right now.. if you have a broken RIb, it is going to hurt you very bad.. so go to a doc man! do not read this get GOING..

Cormac
Rating
If it was broken it would be very swollen and darkly bruised, not just tender.

latina
by asking a doctor

snoogans
does it hurt when you breathe ? also nothing can be done to heal it,just time, a friend of mine broke 2 and cracked 1.

ted_armentrout
Rating
What does a cracked rib feel like?
Symptoms of a fracture to the ribs are:

Pain Restricted to One Spot that worsens when:
A Deep Breath is Taken
The Area Is Pressed On
The Person Twists at the Waist
With a broken rib, the pain tends to be sharp; if the ribcage merely aches, the bones may just be bruised.
Note: A broken rib does not necessarily have to follow an injury.

aetzeroeight
Not much the doctor can do if your rip is broken. Ribs will heal naturally over time. Just gotta take it easy for a few weeks. But, you should see a doctor right away to know for sure.

mike j
Rating
go to the doctor

Hello
Rating
Get X-ray. Or wait till it pokes your lung and you start throwing up blood.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy